• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,105
  • Views 263,297

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta cultist running the money gimmick is funny. It is not like Arteta has not spent £600 million in five yrs and have nothing to show for it.

I have a question for you, if Arteta doesn't win the league/CL next season will you consider him as success or failure?
Yes because nobody else spends money, just Arteta. This kind of trolling is so boring. I'll wait and see how the season unfolds to judge him. I have a realistic outlook that I can't expect that we win the league or CL when other teams have better squads and more money. I expect us to challenge for both, we've challenged for the league in consecutive years and I expect us to challenge for the CL next season drawing on this season's experience.

I'm probably not going to hold it against Arteta if he doesn't win the CL when Madrid will have Mbappe for example. If you think we should be beating that team to a CL next season for example then you're an unserious clown. I'm also probably not going to hold it against him if City spend another 200m and we come up just short to them, like everyone has done for the last 7 seasons with just 1 exception. It's interesting that meme posters like yourself can never articulate who is actually available that you think would negate all of City's advantages nor will you ever be fair an objective and give the manager credit for anything he does well.

Diesel

At least you are better than 90% of Arteta cultist who think arsenal is the best club in the world but get angry when you ask them why arsenal has not won the league.

But how the **** Arteta faces no accountability after spending £600m?
I mean if we were finishing behind other teams he would. He had to spend to get close to pool and city's teams. Good teams spend money lol. This isn't fm you can't take Coventry to the title in real life. Everton spent 400 mill over 7-8 year window and they were piss through all of it. Sp**s have spent a lot and also been **** alot. If the guy spending has you top 2 I'm good. European competition requires a different type of game. Teams done well getting better in the physical EPL but they will need real quality upfront to win Europe.

Some of the misses by our big boys in that competition have been shocking. Once those players get better or get upgraded we will be hard to beat in that comp too...

Anyway I see improvement mentality wise. Doesn't take us 5 games to recover from a loss anymore. Theoretically arteta is improving with more experience and failures. He's hungry which is what you want. Would really only replace Tets with Pep or Klopp who funny enough are major control freaks themselves as well.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I don't know how true it is, but seen some thin links to Rashford...United would be insane to sell him to us even after his poor year, after what Arteta has done Havertz he could really do well here and they should really heed that warning.

Hell even Martial, Mikel might even be good enough to make him the next Henry as he was supposed to be once ffs 😅

DuBB

i think we also suffer in that both our Cb's arn't the best passers, they're not bad by any means but they're not hitting cross field diagonals either.

Arteta absolutely hates cross field diagonals and switches of play, so we actually don’t know if they’re good at them or not because everybody is discouraged from attempting them.

Source: Declan Rice in the recent Athletic in-depth tactical analysis of his play and transition from West Ham to Arsenal.

And like @Gooner Zig said, Saliba is an exquisite and deft passer. Our players are just coached to attempt the passes that suit our system, not just the ones that look the best or appear to be good but don’t actually offer a tactical advantage.

CannonBals

i think we also suffer in that both our Cb's arn't the best passers, they're not bad by any means but they're not hitting cross field diagonals either.

Saliba is a good between the lines passer, can also carry the ball. Doing that more frequently off late.
For long balls we have Raya, major reason he is in the team.

Gabriel does try long balls but he is no VVD. VVD is a freak of a defender so unfair comparison aswell.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Everyone wants a starting winger with the assumption Trossard will likely be on the way out, or way down the pecking order.

Has the last month changed that? Should it be Martinelli we look to offload? Or do we think Mikel will simply sign a Saka back up?

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom