• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baccy_man

Established Member
he was a key player but we have shown that we can manage without him,
Flamini. did alright as cover and when we get Clichy. back we will be ok.

BannedKwame

Fans are such pathetic followers. They listen, suck in, and regurgitate. Most of the opinions being spewed on the Cole "saga" are mere copies of earlier opinions by others. Nothing new is being said, and more importantly, it seems that the wholly unfair and more emotive opinion has won out.

"****ish Cole", "Greedy Cole", etc. Give me a bloody break.

cesc18

after watching hoyte in today s game
i am actually hoping cole stays

until clichy returns to action LB will be a vulnerable position for us imo
flamini will probably play now unless Arsène decides to play ashley "i am available " cole

Artillero

Arsène in the press conference said the following -

*We have not rejected any bid from Chelsea
*They have not bid
*Relations between Arsenal and Chelsea are fine

Also Reyes to Real rumours are 'finished' as they have failed to bid.

BannedKwame

BannedKwame said:
Fans are such pathetic followers. They listen, suck in, and regurgitate. Most of the opinions being spewed on the Cole "saga" are mere copies of earlier opinions by others. Nothing new is being said, and more importantly, it seems that the wholly unfair and more emotive opinion has won out.

The new way people show their disagreement with a post is by lowering the user rating? Well, consider this a repost.

RC8

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
BannedKwame said:

The new way people show their disagreement with a post is by lowering the user rating? Well, consider this a repost.

While I don't think the phenomenon is as extreme as you make, I did get tired of this thread pretty quickly when everything people did was to insult Cole.

I for one want him to leave, but I would not like to strenghten Chelsea, and they seem to have bought a capable left back already. If he stays, let's hope he helps Arsenal achieve something, independently if he wants to or not.

kwg

ok this guy says one thing and ive been goin on about the same thing for 3 solid days and some one sticks up for him.
*crys*

choi12911

Artillero said:

*They have not bid

That's very surprising... :shock:

patrick42uk

Established Member
choi12911 said:
Artillero said:

*They have not bid

That's very surprising... :shock:

seems to me more like wenger spin. chelsea clearly stated they have made an offer. either that or its the same situation as reyes. they enquired, we named our price, it put them off.

anyway, reading wenger's comments on the cole situation, i think wenger is turning the screw now. all along he has wanted cole to stay but has always respected the wish of the player to leave. one thing about wenger is that he knows how to keep the players he wants. his comments today are reminding cole that at chelsea, he wont get the liscence to attack that he has now.

sabret00the

Established Member
Wengers statements today make perfect sense to me and while i guess "they haven't made a bid" actually really means "they inquired as to a price and then nothing came of it", given the actions of Cole over the summer you gotta say there's truth to all this. Basically Chelsea tried to unsettle Cole and manipulte him into making sure the move happened but he's been wholey silent other than direct statements like "i've never said i want to leave" and "i'm ready to play for Arsenal, i have no problem with the fans or the manager" in fact from what i'm hearing the quotes today are more directed at the Dein the internal conflict over Coles future at the club than at anyone else. It looks like Cole's a stayer.

jester

Established Member
yeah it looks like cole will be staying. most of the talking has been done by the papers, since everytime cole or wenger has spoke they've both said they would like to stay/wont leave or would like him to stay
he's a b*stard of a human being but he's a great player, which means we should want him to stay. if he shuts up and plays well i'll be ok with him
an apology would be nice though

sabret00the

Established Member
jester said:
if he shuts up and plays well i'll be ok with him
honestly, the problem here is that he's shut up all summer instead of speaking out and up. between the media hanging him out to dry by sensationalising his book exerts out of context and all the other mess he could've settled this by speaking up, he actually showed the club a lot of respect in the way he dealt with things. though you're right an apology would really do a lot of work in his favour in regards to the hostile fans.

Artillero

Artillero said:
These comments to me suggest he has a buyout clause but Chelsea are leaving it late so we cant spend the money.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... conclusion

Hypothetically if Cole does have a buyout figure which Chelsea match in the 11th hour of the transfer window could we have an extention to sign a replacement?

Similar to when Real Madrid matched Ramos buyout clause 10 minutes before the close of the transfer window. Seville were able to get an extra player in.

Army of Me

Established Member
BannedKwame said:
BannedKwame said:

what are you expecting? new rumours every other week that will either sway our opinion this way or that?

dude, we know what happened with cole - the guys a scumbag and if you're happy with him wearing our shirt then you're an idiot, plain and simple. either that or you're not a true fan.

unfair? get a ****ing grip and read the facts before spewing your ****e.

jester

Established Member
sabret00the said:
jester said:
if he shuts up and plays well i'll be ok with him
honestly, the problem here is that he's shut up all summer instead of speaking out and up. between the media hanging him out to dry by sensationalising his book exerts out of context and all the other mess he could've settled this by speaking up, he actually showed the club a lot of respect in the way he dealt with things. though you're right an apology would really do a lot of work in his favour in regards to the hostile fans.

yeah thats what i meant sorry, shut up as in no more things to come out, no more bad mouthing etc, but i guess it's the media's fault.
he wants the fans to understand his situation, but he hasnt apoligised for what he's done wrong (does he even think he has?)
he could come out and say (if he wants to) 'i done wrong in some regards, i'm sorry, lets draw a line under it and let me play my game' but like you said, he doesnt, he walks away from interviews so he can get to his 'heat' or 'ok' photo shoot

DOUBLE-YOU

it seems to me that the only party winning out seems to be chelsea. We are not as strong without a left back and cole is not playing any football. chelsea don't need ashley cole, and i don't think they had real plans for him. i believe mourinho has no intention of upping the bid for cole because he would rather see arsenal suffer without the services of a player in limbo.

Whats worse is that there seems more hate for cole than there is for chelsea. They really are playing a dirty game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A manager is a guide. He takes a group of people and says: "With you I can make us a success; I can show you the way".

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom