• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Army of Me

Established Member
come off it big poppa.

the sun obviously have a deal with the smarmy little prick to print these extracts.

they've come from ashley's mouth - "i'll reveal who hung me out to dry blah blah blah".

it's not about how we interpret those comments, it's quite clear what they mean: he doesn't like playing for arsenal.

it's quite simple really.

Army of Me

Established Member
Jameel46 said:
http://www.goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=96804

if Barca get Zambrotta, Real get Abidal, Chelsea get R. Carlos, where will Cashley go if he wants to leave?
newcastle.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
YuenBiaoFan said:
I don't know, maybe the fact he's met with another club or that he's bringing out a book where he's trying to publicise it by damning his current club? Not the usual indications of a player wanting to stay is it?

This is what I mean, it's all about your perception. You are going based on what you have seen from his behaviour and read in the media, not what he's come out and said about his future himself.

Look I don't need him to say 'I want to leave Arsenal' in public because the guy was caught with another club FFS! It's not like it was a supposed random sighting of Henry in Northern Barcelona looking for a house. HE WAS CAUGHT WITH HIS PANTS DOWN.

Big Poppa said:
You've not read the book, and yet you know what it's all about based on a few extracts from the blurb published in The Sun? This means he wants to leave?

You're quite right, I haven't read the book.

What I have read are the PR quotes from the publishers that make it quite clear who Cole blames and how he now feels about the club.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Ratinho said:
YuenBiaoFan is spot on tbh.

1 or 2 incidents, you can form assumptions from. Consistent muck throwing, and a f**king book (all random 26 year old left backs write books about their middling career/life/lack of it, surely?) clearly aimed at getting his way out of Arsenal, and into a contract on a level with the £100k/week++'s at Chelsea.

He wants to be a celeb player, and he knows that aint gonna happen while he's at little old Arsenal.

At the time the whole affair broke out, we were still champions and he was having arguably his best season for us off the back of his coming of age at Euro 2004. Why would he suddenly want to leave?

You say the book is aimed at clearly getting his way out of Arsenal, but this is a bit far fetched isn't it? If he wants to leave he can just calmly approach the boss and say so. Nothing is stopping him. He could quite easily have left last summer too for hefty signing on bonus at Chelsea or Real when the ill-feeling was still rife so he wouldn't have to face the fans.

Then after he's left he can still write the book and bash Arsenal all he wants and still make money. So why do it now if it's all purely about money?

I actually don't agree with the whole idea of releasing this book, but the fact that you consider it perfectly reasonable to make assumptions from 1 or 2 incidents (about which he is yet to speak to the public) goes further only to justify its release.

He could have arranged an interview or press conference, but it's a dangerous game. You saw how Michael Jackson was made to look by that Martin Bashir interview in ITV - it's all about ratings, publicity and sales, and getting the best story. Rightly or wrongly, the book allows him to do it his own way.

Army of Me

Established Member
"his own way" by letting a known controversial auto-biographer write his book?

great, fantastic, he still loves us!

ashley cole hates the management, he may still love the club, but he hates the management, and this way ensures he gets...

1. Back at them for being dicks
2. Lots of money in the process
3. Pick of pretty much any club who comes sniffing around

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

pha2er said:
"his own way" by letting a known controversial auto-biographer write his book?

great, fantastic, he still loves us!

ashley cole hates the management, he may still love the club, but he hates the management, and this way ensures he gets...

1. Back at them for being dicks
2. Lots of money in the process
3. Pick of pretty much any club who comes sniffing around

That would be a good position for him to be in, for sure. Greed is all too prevalent in the modern game, so while none of us will ever know - it wouldn't really surprise me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that an 'autobiography' is written by the subject themselves and only with the partial assistance of a professional writer and/or legal consultant.

Whereas a 'biography' can be written by anybody about anybody and published anywhere as long as it does not contain factual errors...?

Army of Me

Established Member
i'd love to correct you but I have no idea.

ashley got some other dude to write his, so whichever one that is ;)

phenn

An "auto-biography" can easily be you just telling some dude about your life and then him writing it. Or her I guess if you're not sexist. Seriously if he were interviewed for a few hours on tape that's all the guy would need. It could easily be an "auto-biography."

As long as it's Ashley Cole with Myles Palmer, its fine.

Ketka

I should imagine the book was ghost-written in the same way as all these celebrity 'auto-biographies'. The subject does some interviews and then it's all sexed up by a professional ****-stirrer...sorry...writer, who knows where all the commas are supposed to go. So in that sense it is an auto-biography because it is in the celebrity's 'own words' and is written by a a writer they have commissioned.

With regards to the whole tapping-up debate, I would personally like to know all the facts before forming an opinion. I am also loathe to start screaming names at Ashley Cole, since I do not know the man personally and never will. I don't care how much he earns, who he's married to, what he likes in his sandwiches or how good he is in bed. Those kind of things don't concern the fans. What I care about most is how well he plays on the pitch.

However, there is certainly something very strange about this whole tapping-up affair. On a simple level, what look place was a meeting between a contracted employee and a potential new employer. We all know that this sort of thing goes on everywhere, all the time. Not just in football but in all spheres of employment. Tapping up is rife in football for two reasons; 1) because there is no way it can adequately be controlled and 2) because it is the natural incentive of the employee to try and better his working conditions.

All clubs tap up. Even Arsenal have tapped, tap and will tap. That is a fact.

What makes the Ashley Cole case so surprising is that it was SO unsubtle. It was as if they WANTED to get caught! Ashley Cole meets in a public area of top London Hotel with Mourinho and Kenyon. That is three house-hold names, who have their faces splashed all over the papers every week.

Of course they were recognised!

When clubs usually tap up they do it in private places, they send a representative to talk to the player and his agent. And they damn well make sure that the people involved are not all so recognisable that my granny could pick them out in an ID parade whilst blindfolded. And she thinks 'offside' is a golfing term.

Basically, they do it in such a way that no one finds out about it.

So why was this meeting so public? That is what doesnt smell quite right. I fail to believe that Chelsea are that arrogant or that Ashley and his agent are that stupid.... But then it is always a possibility.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Ketka said:
I should imagine the book was ghost-written in the same way as all these celebrity 'auto-biographies'. The subject does some interviews and then it's all sexed up by a professional s**t-stirrer...sorry...writer, who knows where all the commas are supposed to go. So in that sense it is an auto-biography because it is in the celebrity's 'own words' and is written by a a writer they have commissioned.

With regards to the whole tapping-up debate, I would personally like to know all the facts before forming an opinion. I am also loathe to start screaming names at Ashley Cole, since I do not know the man personally and never will. I don't care how much he earns, who he's married to, what he likes in his sandwiches or how good he is in bed. Those kind of things don't concern the fans. What I care about most is how well he plays on the pitch.

However, there is certainly something very strange about this whole tapping-up affair. On a simple level, what look place was a meeting between a contracted employee and a potential new employer. We all know that this sort of thing goes on everywhere, all the time. Not just in football but in all spheres of employment. Tapping up is rife in football for two reasons; 1) because there is no way it can adequately be controlled and 2) because it is the natural incentive of the employee to try and better his working conditions.

All clubs tap up. Even Arsenal have tapped, tap and will tap. That is a fact.

What makes the Ashley Cole case so surprising is that it was SO unsubtle. It was as if they WANTED to get caught! Ashley Cole meets in a public area of top London Hotel with Mourinho and Kenyon. That is three house-hold names, who have their faces splashed all over the papers every week.

Of course they were recognised!

When clubs usually tap up they do it in private places, they send a representative to talk to the player and his agent. And they damn well make sure that the people involved are not all so recognisable that my granny could pick them out in an ID parade whilst blindfolded. And she thinks 'offside' is a golfing term.

Basically, they do it in such a way that no one finds out about it.

So why was this meeting so public? That is what doesnt smell quite right. I fail to believe that Chelsea are that arrogant or that Ashley and his agent are that stupid.... But then it is always a possibility.

You said what I've been trying to say much better than I did!

awooga83

Established Member
Whats frustrating is pople constantly trying to divorce Cole from his actions, he met with Chelsea, he is releasing this book at this time. I'm sorry if he wanted to stay he would have let things be, the fact that he hasn't coupled with the fact he met with Chelsea shows he clearly doesn't care about the club and people keep trying to say its one instance. Meeting with Chelse is one instance, releasing a book is two instances. He met Chelsea which insulted the fans and now he is releasing a book which threatens to destabilize the club.

As a fan i think i don't give two craps why you met with Chelsea you can't justify it to me its never acceptable the fact that he has to write a book on it clearly shows hes on the defensive and feels he was guilty in some parts.

My only concern now is for Arsenal to go forward and put this behind us and if Cole wanted to stay he should have shut up and got on with performing his best for the team instead he wants to drag it all up again and what we are suppossed to feel sorry for him, **** that. He clearly no longer cares about the club or its fans or else he wouldn't do this as no fan wants the club to go through all this crap in the press again.

awooga83

Established Member
Ketka said:

Sorry both these statements make me laugh, i have no problem believing Chelsea are that arrogant as there is evidence of their arrogance in other affairs they have been involved in as for players being stupid once again no real problem believing that.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Smartly Dressed Morris said:
Jose has been on sky sports saying Chelsea are interested in Ashley Cole - I say we sell for 20 mill and 3 good additions :)
When was that..?

Viper

Established Member
Why on earth would we want to sell Cashley to our league rivals?!

Thats going to make us weaker and them stronger. Whats the point in that?

awooga83

Established Member
I just caught a bit on Skysports news just now he said they would be interested in Cole but its not right to talk about it now as hes an Arsenal player. This coupled with Chelsea saying they will sign one more player seems to point to his exit.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
awooga83 said:
I just caught a bit on Skysports news just now he said they would be interested in Cole but its not right to talk about it now as hes an Arsenal player. This coupled with Chelsea saying they will sign one more player seems to point to his exit.
Thats rich :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein
Top Bottom