• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa - Arsenal, player ratings

asajoseph

Established Member
I thought Campbell was excellent today, really excellent.

I was highly dubious when we brought him back, but I'm so happy to see him start off well, because he's a player who deserves more credit from Arsenal fans than he's had.

Otherwise, Denilson and Eduardo were both terrible, Bendtner showed what it's like to have a proper striker, and Cesc never really got his foot on the ball in midfield.

Timleaf

Established Member
Billy was outstanding. If TV is out for the Utd game I'd actually be reasonably happy with a Gallas-Sol partnership, based on what I saw tonight.

We were a bit crap in the first half, but shaded the game in the second. A decent point in the end.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Lets not pretend Villa park is an easy place to go. We did keep a clean sheet and threaten their goal more than they did ours. A vey average performance but not an awful one.

almunia - 6 - decent enouh.
sagna - 6 -.5 - Downing did very little against him. He still can't cross!
clichy - 5 - Good job Youngs final ball was off today as he tore him apart.
vermaelen - 6 - decent, lets hope he's back soon.
gallas - 7 - impressive tonight MOTM
denilson - 5 - decent 1st half, awful 2nd
cesc - 6.5 - not as involved as usual but some great vision and unlucky.
ramsey - 5.5 - didn't get into the game
arshavin - 6.5 - looked a threat when he had the ball, better from him.
eduardo - 6 - thought he looked very neat on the ball.
rosicky - 6.5 - hate him upfront but he played well with some great touches and found some great positions on the pitch.

bendtner - 6.5 - looked good.
campbell - 6.5 - impressive in his 2nd game.

progman07

Established Member
People overrate Bendtner's rusty performance after having to see Eduardo doing absolutely nothing up front.

dreamLord

Established Member
progman07 said:
People overrate Bendtner's rusty performance after having to see Eduardo doing absolutely nothing up front.
True. As soon as he misses a few chances, people might jump on his back again. Eduardo was overrated massively in the first place.

Captain

Established Member
progman07 said:

It's amazing that all of these people consistently overrate and underrate player performances for all of these reasons other than the simple fact that maybe they just disagree with your impression of the game.

Strange that.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 5
Gallas - 7
Campbell - 7
Clichy - 4
Denilson - 4
Cesc - 6
Ramsey - 5
Rosicky - 5
Eduardo - 4
Arshavin - 6

TV - NA
Nasri - 4
Bendtner - 5

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia 6

Sagna 6
Gallas 8
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 5

Denilson 3
Cesc 5
Ramsey 5

Rosicky 5
Eduardo 4
Arshavin 7

Campbell 7
Bendtner 5

qs

Established Member
almunia - 4
sagna - 5
clichy - 5
vermaelen - 5
gallas - 7
denilson - 3
cesc - 6
ramsey - 4
arshavin - 3
eduardo - 3
rosicky - 4

bendtner - 5
campbell - 7

qs

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
To be fair, there can be a certain subtlety to Bendtner's game which requires a discerning eye.

:lol: Is this tongue in cheek or what?

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Almunia 4
Clichy 4
Vermaelen 5
Gallas 7.5
Sagna 6
Denilson 3
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 6.5
Arshavin 6
Eduardo 4.5
Rosicky 6

Campbell 7
Bendtner 6.5

Timleaf

Established Member
Almunia--5.5

Sagna--6
Vermealen--6
Gallas--8.5
Clichy--5.5

Cesc--6.5
Denilson--5
Ramsey--6

Arshavin--7
Rosicky--6
Eduardo--5.5

Sol--6.5
Bendtner--6
Nasri--6

ivansen

Almunia had some rubbish distribution as usual, but other than that he was fine.

Clichy was rusty and faced a feisty Young

Arshavin was good, came deeper than usual to get the ball.

Denilson lost the ball too much, as did Rosicky

Ramsey was good, as was Fabregas

nazo

Established Member
almunia - 5
sagna - 5
clichy - 5
vermaelen - 5
gallas - 7
denilson - 3
cesc - 5
ramsey - 4
arshavin - 3
eduardo - 3
rosicky - 4

bendtner - 6
campbell - 6

James

Established Member
Almunia 6
Sagna 7
Gallas 9
Vermaelen 6
Clichy 6
Denilson 4
Ramsey 5
Fabregas 6
Rosicky 6
Arshavin 7
Eduardo 5

Bendtner 7
Campbell 7

Freagle

Almunia - (6): Shaky as usual but a good save early on. Why on earth do all Arsenal goalkeepers have trouble against corners? One incident is when Gallas wanted Almunia to come and hoof the ball but Almunia stayed and just raised his arms like he couldn't. That pissed me off, because when he comes out he barely communicates and when Gallas did he stands in his position like a clown.

Sagna - (7): Love his commitment, Ashley Young tried to change sides but Bacary was no Clichy. He tore him straight away and eventually led Young to go back to thr right side.

Clichy - (5): Might be a little bit harsh and although he just came back from an injury he should not commit himself as much as he did.

Verma - (6): What can I say? Huge blow.

Gallas - (9): Loved his desire to win, to command, and his communication was spot on. Organized his defense and taught Gaby a lesson.

Denilson - (4):
I am actually being generous here. He had a good shot in the first half and that sums up his display today. Useless player in my opinion. We were playing with 10 men. He can't defend even if his life depends on it. Even if he got shoved off to a mediocre team, he would still struggle there. Misplaced passes, poor distribution, no communication, no drive, very sloppy, anonymous and seems to me he is playing without heart.

Ramsey - (5):
Struggled to get into the game, had to defend more than attack and I can't really fault him there. Having Denilson as a DM and Villas pace was too much for any top DM to handle.

Fabregas - (7):
He tried to get that killer pass out, but credit to Villa for closing in. Had a great moment of magic which unfortunately hit the bar. Deserved a goal.

Rosicky - (6): He was good today. Even with some misplaced passes he was still the guy who could set Fabregas free. His one-touches were good today, unlucky not to score.

Arshavin - (7):
He tried, cannot deny that. Fantastic run in the second half and very unlucky. Hope he continues against United.

Eduardo - (5):
He just isn't suited for this role in 4-3-3. His link-up play was average and he looked like running on his tows in fear of a tackle from behind.

-----

Campbell - (8): For a 35 year-old, to step up in the middle of a game full of pace and stay concentrated is beyond me. He looked determined to send out a message to everyone. Very committed and a very solid display.

Bendtner - (7):
Link-up play was good, although a little bit rusty he certainly offered more than Eduardo. He still hesitated which shows lack of confidence but with time it will come back. I am one happy man for Bendy to come back.

Also Welcome back Nasri. Nice runs there really. Just in time for the Man U drubbing.

Arsenal Quotes

I want a fan to wake up in the morning and say, “Arsenal are playing today, I’m going to have a good time.” That guy starts his day off by thinking that something good is going to happen to him. And to do that, big clubs like Arsenal have to have the ambition to play spectacularly. Of shared happiness.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom