• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa: Unai Enemy

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I honestly haven't been as proud of a performance as I was yesterday. Maybe that's an exagerration, but I was immensley proud.

I went down to Villa Park honestly expecting defeat, or at least a tight scrappy game. I didn't expect the performance we put in.

Granted West Ham were pretty poor, but we were excellent. The players played with no inhibitions, the youngsters Clark adn Albrighton were immense, and we could have won by considerably more, especially if Carew had had more luck.

As for Milner, he's done a huge amount yesterday to keep him in the Villa fans' good book. So many players in his position would have just gone through the motions. but Milner gave 110% and if it wasn't for Albrightons performance Milner would have got my MOTM.MIlner will still go to City, but I think he's conducted himself very well.

I'm not getting carried away, I still think we're in for a tough season, especially if we don't make any more signings. But yesterday made me realise that we still have a good squad and if we can get a decent manager in to get the best out of the players, and some better tactical knowledge than o'Neill had, we might have a surprisingly good season ahead.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
Yeah, I was very impressed by Albrighton yesterday. Hadn't taken much notice of him before, but he looks a good prospect.

Fair play to Milner as well. He's the kind of player that always gives 110%, which is fantastic.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
We've known for over a year that Albrighton would be a talent. He should have got game time last season after impressing pre season.

But I didn't expect his full debut to be that impressive.

On another note, speculation has us approaching Martin Jol for the manager's job, Diego Maradonna of all people has declared an interest, and randy lerner has this morning flown to Milan. Probably completely unrelated but you never know.

Bossa

Established Member
Stevo the Villan said:
We've known for over a year that Albrighton would be a talent. He should have got game time last season after impressing pre season.

On another note, speculation has us approaching Martin Jol for the manager's job, Diego Maradonna of all people has declared an interest, and randy lerner has this morning flown to Milan. Probably completely unrelated but you never know.

Can you tell me more about Albrighton? He looked very very good yesterday. Do you think that he will become a regular starter for Villa, especially now Milner will probably go.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Bossa said:
Stevo the Villan said:

Can you tell me more about Albrighton? He looked very very good yesterday. Do you think that he will become a regular starter for Villa, especially now Milner will probably go.

Maybe not a regular. BUt he's been very impressive every timeI've seen him since the Peace Cup last summer.

BUt we do still have Young and Downing so depending on what the new manager thinks is the best system, he still might be just back up this season.

But he'll certainly see a lot more game time this season, deservedly so.

With him, Clarke, Weimann and Delfouneso all coming through strong, we have a promising future within the club.

Rorz

Established Member
Villa have definitely got the better deal from this. I've always rated Ireland, and provided the Milner money is put back into the team you should be able to buy one or two good players to improve the squad.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
I agree. Whether we'll have a manager to spend the money is another question!

I feel less good about the deal given milner's performance on Saturday. He was immense despite all this about his future.

but I still think we've got a fantastic deal.

phenn

Stevo the Villan said:
I agree. Whether we'll have a manager to spend the money is another question!

I feel less good about the deal given milner's performance on Saturday. He was immense despite all this about his future.

but I still think we've got a fantastic deal.

Personally I think the move is going to submarine Milner's career a la Scott Parker going to Chelski, but I did admire the performance he put in for you guys even when he knew he was leaving. His goal was a slightly awkward moment to me but good on him.

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

Ireland for me is a better player when he wants to be. Milner is consistent but Ireland is a class above.Great deal for Villa, they are looking decent with a good set of youngsters and a estlablished set of senior players. In an ideal scenario them or Everton would get fourth but unfortunately Liverpool, City and Sp**s are better at the moment.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Great words from Stephen Ireland

Good interview from Stephen. Says he's done a lot of research into Villa, which is nice to hear. Also says he's shocked at how well he's settling in and how much more of a family club (in terms of staff) Villa is compared to Citeh.

Also, says "Milner thinks the grass is greener but he's in for a shock because it really isn't"

Sounds like as soon as you fall out of favour at City you get treated like ****e.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
I've always liked Ireland as a player, I can see him becoming a top player for Villa in the not too distant future. Can't believe how they treated him at Man City after his storming 08/09 campaign. Hope he does well at Villa Park.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
"I can understand why James Milner has gone there but I can tell him that I'm very happy to leave there and come here,"

"Some people have used the phrase that I've been forced out. I couldn't be more happy to be forced to come here, to a club like Aston Villa."

mo50

Established Member
He also said something about how the City youngsters have "10,000 watches" on their wrists, and how polite everyone including the young players at Villa are. He looked genuinely relieved to leave City, and I won't be surprised to see many, many more players say something similar in the future.

Regarding the transfer, I think this will be a fantastic deal for Aston Villa and it'll be one of the best deals of the summer, not only in financial terms but because I rate Ireland. How someone can pay that much for Milner is mind boggling.

Raider

Established Member
Ireland sounds like a little b1tch.

Of course you're going to find yourself on the bench, there are better players ahead of you. Technically Physically Mentally.

" I found myself banging my head against the wall due to the lack of chances I was getting "

Mind Boggling was it Stephen?

You're a step down in comparison to Milner, but Villa fans should be happy with the deal. 18m plus Ireland? Nice.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom