• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa vs Arsenal Player Ratings

True Gooner

Established Member
Almunia - 7 - Did well
Sagna - 7 - Solid but gave away stupid free kicks and put in a great cross for Ades goal
Toure- 7.5 - Defended out of his skin
Gallas - 7.5 - look above
Clichy 7 - look above

Hleb - 8 - Immense
Diarra - 6.5
Flamini - 7 - Played well in the first half...had to defend out of his skin in the second, well taken goal
Rosicky - 6.5 - good in the first half..faded in the second
Eboue- 7 - Mixed bag but had an overall good game

Ade - 6.5 Didnt do much apart from the goal

Subs -
Walcott - 4 - 7 touches on the ball..
Bendtner - N/A
Gilberto - 6 - settled things well

lagos

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 7
Touré- 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy 7

Hleb - 8
Diarra - 6
Flamini - 7
Rosicky - 6
Eboue- 6

Ade - 6

Subs -
Walcott - 4
Bendtner - n/a
Gilberto - 6

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Almunia 6.5
Sagna 7
Toure 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Diarra 6.5
Flamini 6.5
Eboue 6.5
Rosicky 7.5
Hleb 8.5
Adebayor 7

Gilberto 6

Invincible

Established Member
Almunia 6
Gallas 7
Toure 7
Clichy 7
Sagna 8
Diarra 6
Flamini 7
Eboue 7
Rosicky 6
Hleb 9
Adebayor 6

Gilberto 6
Walcott N/A
Bendtner N/A

nazo

Established Member
Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7
Touré- 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy 7

Hleb - 7.5
Diarra - 7 for first half, 5 for second = 6 overall
Flamini - 8
Rosicky - same as Diarra
Eboue- same as Rosicky

Ade - same as Eboue

lagos

Established Member
Why are people not rating Walcott ?he was on 14 minutes longer than Gilberto

dublingunner

Established Member
Almunia - 7
Sagna - 7.5
Toure - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 7
Eboue 7
Flamini - 7.5
Diarra - 7.5
Rosicky - 6.5
Hleb - 8
Ade - 6.5

Ade would have got less but for the (very important) goal. I don't think he did one other useful thing.

giuliob

5=average

Almunia - 7 - Solid play; better than average performance for him...
Sagna - 7.5 - A great 1st half.......Tapered off in the 2nd but part of a defense that didn't let in any 2nd half goals.....
Touré- 7.5 - What a defensive effort... Carew gave the CBs headaches....But no goals
Gallas - 7.0 - Did his job except for the yellow....No need....
Clichy 7.5 - Took care of Agbonlahor in the 1st half.....Steady in the 2nd half......

Hleb - 7.5 - A pleasure to watch this guy play.....
Diarra - 6.5 - Solid effort, some 2nd half mistakes.......
Flamini - 7.5 - Fine all round game ...With the cracker goal........
Rosicky - 6.5 - Mixed
Eboue- 7 - Impressed with his 1st half efforts....Faded in the 2nd.....
Ade - 6.5 Still think he is too unselfish........Classic goal...

Subs -
Walcott - 4 - Thought he might change the direction of the game.....did not happen........
Bendner - n/a
Gilberto - 6.5 - Excellent tactical move by Wenger....

I wonder what O'Neill said at half time....Villa was a different team....Still am wondering who was responsible for marking Gardner on the 1st half goal....Senderos?

Visit Arsenal-Mania.com | Forums powered by phpBB © 2001, 2002 phpBB Group

dutchMasta

Almunia - 6.5 (Comfortable)
Sagna - 7 (Strong, decent against Young)
Touré- 7.5 (Beast)
Gallas - 7.5 (Great)
Clichy 6.5 (Ok)
Hleb - 8 (Orchestrated attack, 39/40 passes completed)
Diarra - 7 (Great 1st half, but some poor 2nd half mistakes, defended well overall)
Flamini - 7.5 (Great goal, and good defending)
Rosicky - 6.5 (Ok, linked up, not really threatening though)
Eboue- 6.5 (Ok too, like Rosicky)
Ade - 7 (Match winner, but average otherwise, most of his tireless running to not much effect unfortunately)

Walcott - 4.5 (Gave the ball away a lot)
Gilberto - 6 (Some calm play)
Bendtner - N/A

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Almunia 6.5
Gallas 7
Touré 7.5
Clichy 7.5
Sagna 8
Diarra 7
Flamini 7
Eboue 7
Rosicky 6.5
Hleb 8.5
Adebayor 6.5

Gilberto 6
Walcott -
Bendtner -

qs

Established Member
Almunia 5 - did nothing. Punched some he shouldve caught, I thought he was poor for the goal.
Sagna 6 - got taken a apart for most of the second half
Touré 8 - the 2 centre halves made the difference for us today
Gallas 8- see above
Clichy 7 did well enough under alot of pressure, thats why they moved to Sagna
Diarra 6 - good first half, paniced too much in the second. His shots are terrible
Flamini 6 same as Diarra but his shots were better. A few lose passes that aren't like him.
Eboue 7 good game. He's always direct and incisive. Main reason we equalized. Villa were terrified of him in the 1st half.
Rosicky 6 a bit like Diarra and Flam, great first half then disappeared.
Hleb 8 - key, losing him was such a blow.
Adebayor 7 first half was a bit quiet but he took his goal well, 2nd half he got stuck in and chased and tried to make up for the lack of effort in midfield.

Gilberto 7 settled the team, brought us back into the game
Walcott 5 did less in his time than Nik did in 90 seconds.

Lukazan

Established Member
Almunia - 6
Sagna - 6
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 6.5
Diarra - 6
Flamini - 7
Eboue - 7
Rosicky - 6
Hleb - 9
Adebayor - 7

Gurgen

Established Member
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Toure 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 6
Flamini 7
Diarra 7
Rosicky 7
Hleb 9
Ade 8

Theo 6
Gilberto 7

Dragon181

A tale of two halves, but a good win against a good team nonetheless.

Almunia - 7 Solid. He couldn't have done very much against the Villa goal. He was constantly being bombarded by cross from Young on the left and held up very well. Good saves from shots from distance.

Sagna - 7 Good play. Amazing pinpoint cross to find Ade for the second goal. Good runs and cooperation with Eboue on the right. I'm really liking those two together on the right. Good defense on Young for the most part but got in more crosses from the left than I would've liked.

Touré- 7 Good effort against tough opponents. Held Carew in check even when he was threatening. Tried to cut off the pass for the Villa goal.

Gallas - 6,5 Good effort overall, but unlucky to have his flick led to Gardner's goal. Otherwise, superb.

Clichy - 6,5 Good runs going forward and great defense on his side of the pitch. If he had a better cross to the box, he would be playing for France.

Hleb - 7,5 MOTM. Brought a lot of creativity and drive into the middle of the pitch. Not necessarily responsible for any of the goals, but a great playmaker overall. It's a shame his game got cut short by injury.

Diarra - 6,5 Good first half, mediocre second half. Still amazes me how well he keeps away other players when he has the ball at his feet. Great tackling and holding, especially in the first half.

Flamini - 7 Good game. He showed right here why he and Diarra can possibly co-exist, and why he starts over his compatriot. Good goal and nice attempts on goal. I think he's starting to get that hunger for scoring. It would be a nice touch to his game.

Rosicky - 6,5 Good game overall. Played well, showed some creativity. But lost something going forward when Hleb left.

Eboue- 7 One of the best players on the pitch. Created a lot of chances and even had some chances on goal. His play has definitely justified his playing time.

Ade - 6,5 Great goal. I almost thought it was Drogba out there scoring. He worked hard, especially in the first half, but in the 2nd started to fade. Silly tackle to get himself booked.

Subs -
Walcott - 5 He was in the game?

Gilberto - 6,5 I've been criticizing him a bit lately, but definitely one of his better games. Brought some calmness and reassurance to a side besieged.

Bendtner - N/A

arsmile

Established Member
i've given my reasons for all these in the match thread.....

Almunia 7
Sagna 7.5
Touré 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7.5
Diarra 5.5
Flamini 7.5
Eboue 8
Rosicky 6.5
Hleb 8
Adebayor 7

Gilberto 6
Walcott-4

sabret00the

Established Member
Almunia - 6 - I know some will say he did all he could. but he failed to establish order at certain stages for me.
Sagna - 6 - Sloppy tackles and sloppy passing but otherwise solid.
Touré - 7 - Was our best defender but nto good enough today.
Gallas - 6 - Just didn't seem to be his day. As a captain i felt he failed to address the issues of the second half.
Clichy 6 - Not one of his better games. Looked unfit and as though he was carrying an injury.

Hleb - 9 - God like.
Diarra - 7 - failed to establish himself over the duration of the match, but when called upon. done well.
Flamini - 6 - If not for the goal, he'd have been casstraighted, his passing was the worst on the pitch.
Rosicky - 6 - Done some things that looked good but ultimately never offered enough, despite floating like a cloud in the wind.
Eboue- 6 - Back to looking like a right back stranded on the wing.

Ade - 7 - Played as well as he could being stranded on his own as a lone goal threat. His performance's biggest flaw was robbing Hleb when there was no need to. Greediness gets you nowhere.

Subs -
Walcott - 4 - Slipped under pressure when he could've got us the third goal.
Bendtner - 6 - You could see IT in his eyes.
Gilberto - 6 - Brought nothing to the game, in fact made things worse.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 6.5
Flamini 7.5
Diarra 6
Rosicky 6.5
Hleb 8.5
Ade 7

Theo 4
Gilberto 6
Nik n/a

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom