• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa vs Arsenal Player Ratings

ricky1985

Established Member
My Rating's;

Almunia - 7. Thought he played quite well. He dealt with crosses well, and handled the ball faultlessly.

Sagna - 8. Thought he dealt with an electric Ashley Young as well as anyone could. Young was crossing from everywhere though, so it was hard for Sagna to stop them all.

Toure - 8. Brilliant. Cant expect him to consistantly win headers against Carew but was brilliant at evrything else. Really stood tall when we needed him.

Gallas - 8. See Toure.

Clichy - 8. Awesome defensively. Needs to work on his final ball because its not right that it is holding him back he is far too good for that.

Eboue - 7. Good performance, but I so wish he'd cut out the theatrics.

Diarra - 7. Vieira like performance in the first half. Not very good in the second half, although he battled manfully.

Flamini - 7. Brilliant goal. Fought like mad for us. Gave the ball away a bit too much.

Rosicky - 6. Linked well in the first half, but was useless in the second half. He was ordinary today and he is far better than that.

Hleb - 8. Was outstanding, what a shame he had to go off after that disgarceful challenge from Carew. I fancy he would have bagged a killer third had he stayed on.

Adebayor - 8. Brilliant flick for the first, awesome header for the second. Oh what a player he could be. He was so isolated in the second half, service wasnt good.

Subs';

Gilberto Silva - 7. Perfect substitution from Wenger. He won a lot of headers and brought calm to our midfield.

Walcott - 5. Offered nothing. Hard to adjust to a tempo of a game that quick.

Bendtner - N/A.

Endris

Almunia 5.5
Sagna 6
Toure 8
Gallas 7.5
Clichy 7
Diarra 6.5
Flamini 6.5
Eboue 7
Rosicky 6
Hleb 8.5
Adebayor 7

Gilberto 7
Walcott 5.5

godfather

Almunia - 6.5
Sagna - 7
Touré- 7.5
Gallas - 7
Clichy 7

Hleb - 7.5
Diarra - 7.5
Flamini - 8 MOTM
Rosicky - 6
Eboue- 7

Ade - 7

Subs -
Walcott - 4
Bendtner - n/a
Gilberto - 7

IBL

Established Member
Almunia 7 - Good handling in greasy conditions
Sagna 7 - Solid, Young gave him a good test, nice cross for goal.
Touré- 7 - typical Kolo performance
Gallas 7 - Solid enough
Clichy 7 - Good showing

Hleb 8 - amazing
Diarra 6.5 - great first half, not so good second half
Flamini 7.5 - great goal, combatative presence in midfield
Rosicky 6 - tidy first, sloppy second
Eboue 7 - showed both sides of his game again, but more pos then negs

Ade 6 - good goal but absolutely useless in the second half

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

People though Ade has an "alright" match? Personally thought he was wicked today..T'o well.
I think Qs' analysis was spot on. I dunno what the hell our midfield were doing in the second half.

DC Gunner

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5
Sagna 7.5
Touré- 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Hleb - 8
Diarra - 5.5
Flamini - 7.5
Rosicky - 7
Eboue- 7

Ade - 6.5

Subs -
Walcott - 5
Gilberto - 6.5

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Almunia - 7 - did well
Kolo - 7 - Solid
Gallas - 7 - Solid
Sagna - 7 - Defended well (against Young) most of the time and made an assist.
Clichy - 6 - Defended well despite some terrible crosses.
Eboue - 7 - had a great game today and helped the team level. Hopefully he can keep that level of persormance.
Flamini - 7 - good first half but didn't hold the midfield in the second half.
Diarra - 8 - Had an excellent first half. Some of his link-up or supporting runs reminded me of Cesc. His performance dipped in the second half plus some rushed long balls.
Rosicky - 6 - busy
Hleb - 8 - Had been pivotal today until he got injured. He could control, hold, turn with the ball and his timing in releasing the ball was excellent. Fingers crossed that his injury will not be bad.
Adebayor - 7 - Good first half and scored a header.

Sub:
Gilberto - 7 - Add height (with which Mathieur and Diarra struggled when Villa started playing long ball) and stability to anchor the midfield.
Theo - 5 - Simply too much on the ball. I am baffled why he slipped so many times when some half chances were aroud him.
Bendtner - 6 - Had just one touch which was heading the ball to Theo (where Theo slipped!). I hope he will have more time on the pitch in the next two away games.

Wenger - 6 - got the substitution right on Gilberto.

stiiphunn

Established Member
USArsenal said:
Almunia 7
Sagna 7
Touré 8
Gallas 7
Clichy 7
Eboue 6.5
Flamini 7.5
Diarra 6
Rosicky 6.5
Hleb 8.5
Ade 7

Theo 4
Gilberto 6
Nik n/a

Agree with those. Except I'd give a 7 to Toure.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Almunia - 8 Punching was top quality. nothing could do withg the goal.
Clichy - 7
Sagna - 7 (although run ragged)
Toure - 7
Gallas - 7
Eboue - 7.5
Rosicky - 7
Hleb - 8
Flamini - 8
Diarra - 7
Ade - 8

Subs:
Walcott - 5
Gilberto - 6

Zico

Established Member
Almunia - 7
Sagna 7
Touré- 7
Gallas 7
Clichy 7

Hleb - 8
Diarra - 7
Flamini - 8
Rosicky - 7
Eboue- 8

Ade - 6

Subs -
Walcott - 5
Gilberto - 5
Wenger - 6

Relatively high scores considering the second half, but I felt privileged to watch the first half

FrankArsenal

I'm suprised nobody has pointed out that both Glichy and Sagna marked space for Villa's 1st goal. Sagna was after the same man as Toure. And Gardner game from behind Glichy. So I thought Glichy was at fault for the first goal. And allthough I really like him he should improve his crossing. Sagna's crossing is really dangerous, It would be great if Glicht could do the same. He would be inmense because he's really good going forward.

And I guess Diarra dissapointed a lot of people? His rating aren't so high and many had great hopes for him... I thought he looked strong but for some mistakes.

Anyway I'm very happy with the points.

Sorry for no ratings, but I agree with most above.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
FrankArsenal said:
I'm suprised nobody has pointed out that both Glichy and Sagna marked space for Villa's 1st goal. Sagna was after the same man as Touré. And Gardner game from behind Glichy. So I thought Glichy was at fault for the first goal. And allthough I really like him he should improve his crossing. Sagna's crossing is really dangerous, It would be great if Glicht could do the same. He would be inmense because he's really good going forward.

And I guess Diarra dissapointed a lot of people? His rating aren't so high and many had great hopes for him... I thought he looked strong but for some mistakes.

Anyway I'm very happy with the points.

Sorry for no ratings, but I agree with most above.

the ball Carew sent over not only bounced of Toure, Gallas also got a touch on it with his head, sendingit out further than Clichy could get to.. if Gallas doesnt touch the ball, it falls right onto Clichy's foot, and he clears.. but that little touch too it away from him, right onto Gardners foot instead...

as for Sagna, he was covering the space behind Toure in case Carew decided to cut it back again..

honestly, it was a fairly lucky goal that fell to Gardners foot like a present... a bit sloppy, but lucky nevertheless...

Diarra was quiet for a bit in the first half, and really came into the game about 20 minutes in... between then and halftime, he was great, as was the rest of the team... second half, he couldnt hold onto the ball and kept giving it away in dangerous areas, creating a lot of opportunities for Villa...

awooga83

Established Member
Almunia - 6.5
Sagna - 7
Touré - 7
Gallas - 7
Clichy - 6
Diarra - 6
Flamini - 7
Eboue - 7
Rosicky - 6
Hleb - 8
Adebayor - 7

qs

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Eboue- 6 - Back to looking like a right back stranded on the wing.
Gilberto - 6 - Brought nothing to the game, in fact made things worse.

:?

Couldn't agree less. Bert did Bert. Quiet but effective. To say he made things worse is absurd.

Your opinion on Eboue is just pure bias.

banduan

Established Member
Eboue had a superb game. I just want him to quite his stage classes.

Adebayor had a half-decent first half but is partially to blame for the loss of tempo in the 2nd. The amount of balls he passed to opposition was appalling.

Diarra was as mentioned previously two different people each half. First he was a strong, tenacious ball-holder with good tackling boots, 2nd he was a klutz with a mission to instill more panic behind him.

Walcott was isolated because practically all balls out of defence bypassed him to Ade. What he needed to do was help out in defence since everyone was ignoring him. If the ball does not come to you, MAKE it come to you. He is too humble in this sense.

Gilberto was the sub I had wanted instead of Walcott when Hleb came off. He instantly cooled things down. He turned up and said "Look at me, I'm cool. Why are you freaking out? You're winning!"

dutchMasta

FrankArsenal said:
He was immense in the 1st, I'm sure most agree, but the 2nd he cracked a bit under pressure. Sort of cancelled out with each other, but I think it's the first time I've given him under a 7, and it was his toughest game. Had Hleb stayed on, and we had more possession in the 2nd, I'm sure Diarra would've maintained the standard. To be fair, his teammates didn't make it easy for him at times, like Almunia throwing it to him in a really dangerous area.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
Mlmunia - 6.5
Glichy - 6.5
Koure - 7.5
Wallas - 7.5
Bagna - 7.5
Tosicky - 6
Mlamini - 7
Liarra - 6
Eboue - 6
Aleb - 8
Edebayor - 6

Arsenal Quotes

In 1997/98 we became English champions as I had set myself three missions to carry out which I felt were essential. One: to have an impact on the result and the team's playing style. Two: to foster the player's individual development. Three: to strengthen the structure of the club and enhance its global influence.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom