• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa vs Arsenal - Squad Ratings

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member
Szczesny - 6, Did well, made some good saves.

Coquelin - 4, Struggled badly at RB, he can't play there.
Mert - 6, Did well but could have done better for their goal.
Koscielny - 7, Great performance from him again, turning into an absolute machine.
Vermaelen - 6, Did well at LB but made a bad mistake for their goal.

Frimpong - 4, Really poor game, he's not ready yet, needs a loan.
Arteta - 7, The only midfielder out of the 3 that started that did well, good passing again.
Ramsey - 5, Not his night, he's trying too hard I think.

Gervinho - 5, No service mostly due to the lack of full backs.
van Persie - 6, Did ok, made some nice touches and a few good passes. Put us 1-0 up.
Walcott - 5, Same as Gervinho, no service.

Rosicky - 7, Came on and helped us keep possession better, made a real impact imo.
Arshavin - 4, Pathetic again, time for him to go.
Benayoun - 7, Played really well in his short time on the field and got the winner.

We didn't deserve the points tonight, we were really really poor. But it's a good sign that we were able to grind out the win, how many times have Utd done that over the last few years?

Herbas

Szczesny - 6

Coquelin - 6
Mert - 6
Koscielny - 7
Vermaelen - 6

Frimpong - 2 (I'm utterly dissapointed with his non-performance, I never thought that a physically blessed player could be so invisible, it was like playing with 10 men)
Arteta - 8 (our only bright spot among starting midfielders, had a lot to do in order to compensate poor play of younger colleagues)
Ramsey - 4 (very poor play, barely did anything to resist against Villa attacks)

Gervinho - 6
van Persie - 7 (+1 for penalty)
Walcott - 6

7 for Rosicky and Benayoun, no marks for Arshavin

Airknight

Established Member
Szcz 6 [Again, not at fault with his goal]
Coq 5 [Stepped up]
Per 5
Kos 6 [Eventually became again our best defender]
Verm 4 [At fault with the goal, couldn't control the left side by himself]
====
Pong 3 [Awful stuff, not DENCH]
Arteta 7 [Composed, looking like he has played years for us]
Ramsey 4.5 [We need to see if Rosicky or Yossi can do better than him]
=======
Gerv 5 [Decent fullback, that's what he played]
RVP 6.5 [1 goal, 1 assist]
Theo 4 [Dissapeared after the penalty]
========
Rozza 5 [Not much to say, stealing some credit from Benayoun for some reason]
Arsha 5 [I guess that's encouraging]
Yossi 6 [Showed he cares, grabbed the winner]

Segway

Szczesny - 6.5

Coquelin - 5.5 Had a bad start against a fired up N'Zogbia but became better as the game wore on and he also displayed some impressive passes
Mert - 6.5 Solid enough, can't blame him for the goal
Koscielny - 7
Vermaelen - 6

Frimpong - 4 Needs a loan indeed and we need Song back.
Arteta - 7.5 MOTM
Ramsey - 3.5 Pretty much terrible in anything he did. The one on one he squandered with a wayward shot into the stand summed his game.

Gervinho - 5 Failed to make an impact on the game.
van Persie - 7 Got a goal and an assist and should have had two more after he put Walcott and Ramsey through. Probably harsh only to give him a 7 but he can do better.
Walcott - 5.5 Great play to get the pen. Drifted out of the game afterwards.

Rosicky - 6.5 Very positive impact.
Benayoun - 7 nananananana Yossi Benayoun!

kalleTheMan

Established Member
GDeep said:
9 for Arshavin, he's shot from outside the box lead to the scoring corner.

:lol: Antoher shocking performance from Andrei, that was literally the only good thing he did

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Szczesny 6

Coquelin 6 - Improved drastically and looks more ready than Frimpong at this stage
Mertesacker 6
Koscielny 7.5
Vermaelen 6

Frimpong 4
Ramsey 5
Arteta 8 - Helped steady the ship when we struggled, did all of Frimpong's work AND was our most creative player before Rosicky came on. What a ****ing hero.

Gervinho 4
Van Persie 6
Walcott 5

Rosicky 7
Arshavin 6
Benayoun 10 - He really likes the club, the fans really like him, SIGN HIM UP NOW

Mastadon

Established Member
Szczesny - 7.5, Solid as usual. Great saves.
Coquelin - 5, Struggled against N'Zogbia who was having his game of the season but got better later on. Definitely not an RB.
Mert - 5.5, Too slow and it shows whenever he has to cover on the flanks.
Koscielny - 7.5,Another solid performance from super Kos.
Vermaelen - 6.5, Mistake aside he did well enough out of position
Frimpong - 3,Terrible on the ball, mostly anonymous off it. Needs game time - Jan loan.
Arteta - 7, Good game from the classy midfielder, kept things moving and was the only midfielder to look good.
Ramsey - 4.5, Very poor again. Not good enough for the AMC role at the moment.
Gervinho - 5.5, Struggled to make an impact although he worked hard all game in the fullback position.
van Persie - 6, Good penalty and played an excellent pass for Walcott after. Some good moments but generally struggled with the rest of the team.
Walcott - 5, 1 super move to win the penalty aside he didnt really do much else.
Rosicky - 7, Did well when he came on and helped keep possession and win a foothold in the game.
Arshavin - 3, His deflected shot led to the corner from which we scored. Apart from that he was terrible as usual. Completely spent force.
Benayoun - 7, Surely deserves a start ahead of the awful Ramsey for the next game after his performance and goal today.

Desperately need some quality in the January window. This squad will struggle to finish 4th.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Szczesny - 7

Coquelin - 4,5
Mert - 6
Koscielny - 7,5
Vermaelen - 6

Frimpong - 4
Arteta - 7,5
Ramsey - 4
Gervinho - 6
van Persie - 7
Walcott - 5

Subs:

Rosicky - 7
Benayoun - 7
Arshavin - :roll:

Lazaq

Szczesny - 7

Coquelin - 5 Had his hands full of that **** N'Zogbia, and looked well shaken. Got a bit better with time.
Mert - 6 Decent, but turns like a tug boat.
Koscielny - 8 Thought he was well solid.
Vermaelen - 7 No full back, but is still the Verminator. Hope he wasn't injured by that raging thundercvnt Hutton.

Frimpong - 4 Not ready, simple as that.
Arteta - 8 Carried a dirt poor midfield for over an hour.
Ramsey - 4 Needs to be benched, outshone by his elders today.

Gervinho - 5 Zero impact on proceedings.
van Persie - 7 Not great today, but scored and scared VIlla defenders all night.
Walcott - 5 Up and down performance from him.

Rosicky - 7 Great control and composure, deserves a start.
Benayoun - 8 HUGE goal from such a tiny man. Also deserves a start!
Arshavin - 6 Did okay I thought, but looks super rusty.

brady_style

Herbas said:
Szczesny - 6

Coquelin - 6
Mert - 6
Koscielny - 7
Vermaelen - 6

Frimpong - 2 (I'm utterly dissapointed with his non-performance, I never thought that a physically blessed player could be so invisible, it was like playing with 10 men)
Arteta - 8 (our only bright spot among starting midfielders, had a lot to do in order to compensate poor play of younger colleagues)
Ramsey - 4 (very poor play, barely did anything to resist against Villa attacks)

Gervinho - 6
Walcott - 6

I can't believe you think both Gervihno and Walcott deserve a 6 each.

At most a four.

Herbas

brady_style said:
Herbas said:
Szczesny - 6

Coquelin - 6
Mert - 6
Koscielny - 7
Vermaelen - 6

Gervinho - 6
Walcott - 6

At most a four.

I just thought that they were victims of nonexistant midfield and thus couldn't do much. Furthermore, they did a lot of defensive work. So 5-6 rating for them seems to be okay for me.

brady_style

Herbas said:
brady_style said:
Herbas said:
Szczesny - 6

Coquelin - 6
Mert - 6
Koscielny - 7
Vermaelen - 6

Gervinho - 6
Walcott - 6

At most a four.

I just thought that they were victims of nonexistant midfield and thus couldn't do much. Furthermore, they did a lot of defensive work. So 5-6 rating for them seems to be okay for me.

Gervihno's defensive work was pathetic and Walcott's wasn't much better.

Trevor Francis on Sky summed up Gervinho's contribution well.

"If you're going to defend like this guy then you'd better bring something good to your team going forward, and he's not."

DiamondGooner

Established Member
Airknight said:
Rozza 5 [Not much to say, stealing some credit from Benayoun for some reason]
Arsha 5 [I guess that's encouraging]
Yossi 6 [Showed he cares, grabbed the winner]

Not really, Rosicky's getting credit for pulling our midfield together, people including myself were screaming for someone to come on and actually pull off some link up passes and through balls, he achieved this along with Beny so both get credit.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Szczesny.........6....solid overall. Has stepped up considerably in the last few months, doing the basics well.

Coquelin.......5.....tough night, did get better as it went on.
Mertesacker.......7.....mostly solid. My only qualm with Per tonight is when he brings the ball out but ends up giving it back to the full-back when there is a chance to open up the game. Small thing.
Koscielny............7.5....very good again. He's making few if any errors these days.
TV.........6....Vermaelen drew the short straw playing at full-back tonight. Fought well for the most part, minus mark for the error.

Frimpong........4.....looked out of his depth. Struggles when pressed hard.
Arteta...........7.5....another strong display. He just reeks of experience and calm. Hasn't hid in the last 2 away games when we've needed to force the issue late on.
Ramsey...........4............howler tonight. Could barely do anything right.

Theo........5
RVP........6....starved of service really. Great pen and oozed class whenever in possession. Worryingly forced to come deep too often as there was nothing happening in the AM or wide roles.
Gervinho..........5......mostly anonymous.

Yossi and Rosicky added something. Rosicky was needed earlier as a foil for Arteta so we could get a foot on the ball and retain some possession.

F**k off Villa and McLeish.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Wow, Arshavin has been shocking this season, but the blind hate for his efforts tonight is just as shocking... :roll:

Freagle

fabo said:
Szczesny.........6....solid overall. Has stepped up considerably in the last few months, doing the basics well.

Coquelin.......5.....tough night, did get better as it went on.
Mertesacker.......7.....mostly solid. My only qualm with Per tonight is when he brings the ball out but ends up giving it back to the full-back when there is a chance to open up the game. Small thing.
Koscielny............7.5....very good again. He's making few if any errors these days.
TV.........6....Vermaelen drew the short straw playing at full-back tonight. Fought well for the most part, minus mark for the error.

Frimpong........4.....looked out of his depth. Struggles when pressed hard.
Arteta...........7.5....another strong display. He just reeks of experience and calm. Hasn't hid in the last 2 away games when we've needed to force the issue late on.
Ramsey...........4............howler tonight. Could barely do anything right.

Theo........5
RVP........6....starved of service really. Great pen and oozed class whenever in possession. Worryingly forced to come deep too often as there was nothing happening in the AM or wide roles.
Gervinho..........5......mostly anonymous.

Yossi and Rosicky added something. Rosicky was needed earlier as a foil for Arteta so we could get a foot on the ball and retain some possession.

F**k off Villa and McLeish.

Totally agree with these ratings. Just to add Frimpong looked lethargic to me. There were a couple of occasions where he just won't run and others where he runs then stops midway. Very shocked at his display today.

Maybe Theo deserves a better rating, he got us that peno from a good skill and defended well in my opinion (despite it being not enough).

Invincible

Established Member
Szczesny 7

Coquelin 6
Mertesacker 7
Koscielny 8
Vermaelen 5

Frimpong 3
Arteta 9
Ramsey 4

Walcott 5
Gervinho 5
van Persie 6

Rosicky 6
Benayoun 8
Arshavin 0

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom