<

Aston Villa

Discussion in 'Football Talk' started by Stevo the Villan, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Burnwinter

Burnwinter New Member Elite

In order to put myself in your shoes Stevo, I have to imagine that after the five barren seasons just gone, the board had suddenly decided to sell Cesc to City for financial reasons, Wenger had walked out in frustration, and no transfer funds were then made available to caretaker manager Pat Rice.

And then we'd been beaten 6-0 by the Toon, such a joke of a club and particularly worthy of loathing.

You've got my sympathy mate. In a moment of passion, a man may say "f*ck this" or "f*ck that" for a multitude of legitimate reasons.

2. Stevo the Villan

Stevo the Villan Well-Known Member

Obviously there are people here who use the word **** in a much more taboo way than I do. I've said **** villa hundreds of times. They regularly piss me off. I'm only venting some frustrations.

Or do you guys genuinely think I mean I hate the club and everything about it and want nothing to do with it? (I assume this is what you take "****" to mean!)

No, in reality I've bought my season ticket, I'll be there on Sunday standing in the Holte End supporting my team. I'll be using the season ticket that I've bought even though I can barely afford it this season because I've just bought a house.

I'll be at Villa Park when we play Rapid Vienna in a competition I don't even want to be in because I think it'll hurt our progress in the league, because it's Villa.

And I'll be using my Season ticket next season, whether we've just qualified for the Champions League, or whether we've just dropped down to the Championship, or anywhere in between!

But yeh, what a **** fan I am just because I said **** villa mere minutes after we'd been battered by a **** team. I should be ashamed.

3. True Gooner

True Gooner New Member Elite

You've been WUMmed. Thought it was pretty obvious.

4. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member Elite

Is the Holte End the hardcore end?

Your season ticket prices are fantastic for a club of your size. If you got CL they'd probably up the prices though right?

5. Stevo the Villan

Stevo the Villan Well-Known Member

It's supply and demand. Our prices are fantastic because it fills the ground.

If we had the support of a team like you guys then our prices would be much higher.

They're still good, and the club do make an effort to keep them very low, and it's excellent. But no way would they stay the same if we had more demand.

But yes, £400 for my season ticket is great (providing we don't play like we did yesterday!)

As for hardcore end, yeh the Holte is where most of the singing etc goes on. North stand is good too because it's next to the away fans.

Trinity and DE are dead.

6. Lord Dula

Lord Dula New Member Elite

Villa will pick up. Ireland will do well there

7. fabo

fabo 6.51 / 10

Uncle Mike is so weird.

8. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Bumped for the Emi fans to follow him.

9. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Honestly sad to see a Fabo post ffs.

10. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Juan Matas Beard and asukru like this.
  11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

Kind of surreal/weird seeing his posts.

12. VancouverCanuck

VancouverCanuck Well-Known Member

This has to be one of the most heartwarming interviews ever. Emi, you are a legend.

13. krackpot

krackpot Established Member

Damn, guy leaves like Vieira.

Won a cup with his last action.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  14. tap-in

tap-in Nothing Wrong With Me

11 years is huge, all Arsenal fans have to respect that. His love for Arsenal is clearly genuine!

15. Gooner416

Gooner416 Well-Known Member

Up there with our greatest keepers of all time.

krackpot likes this.
  16. El Granit-Coq

El Granit-Coq Well-Known Member

Upper Echelon FC actually making me hate a really good GK in Emi.

Not enough to be happy for him, they have to troll the Leno thread.

Emi should have stayed and battled it out. But he is on his way to becoming Argentina's N1. Would have been a great love story if he actually usurped Leno and became the clubs N1 as everyone expected.

Hope he proves himself and ends up at a bigger club in the next few seasons. Martinez deserves the respect.

Riou and Gooner1988TK like this.
  17. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Why would he stay and battle it out when he was going to start on the bench in the 1st game of the season after proving that he's miles better than Leno ffs.

18. El Granit-Coq

Because he is not miles better than Leno and the season is long.

Just be happy he got what he wanted and is now a N1. Martinez is happy but like a needy GF you lot don't know when you've been dumped and need to move on.

19. Furious

Furious Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Totally ignoring the fact that he was going to be on the bench in the 1st game.. but yeah he should've stayed and "bAtTlEd It OuT".

20. El Granit-Coq

He played in the community shield.

The point of competition for spots is you know... to compete :lol:
    He is at Villa now, but sure, be needy, he will come back :drool: