• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bacary Sagna

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner_down_under

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250649,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 49,00.html</a>

Why a RB? Unless Arsène wants to convert him into a LB?!?

Also, there's a link saying AC Milan is looking to sign Henry!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250663,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002 ... 63,00.html</a>

Mostarac

Established Member
I have read that Sagna is highly rated by some, thats all I know about him. As for that Thierry Henry to Milan rumours, Ancelotti himself said today that he was an interesting player for them.

thegame24

Established Member
why????

what the ****

we got eboue

get someone thats gonna break in the first 11

****ing hell arsenal ****ing hell

BUY SOMEONE

Shadow Moses

Established Member
thegame24 said:
why????

what the f**k

we got eboue

f****g hell arsenal f****g hell

BUY SOMEONE
:lol:

Take it easy mate, it's just The Sun.

invisibleman18

Established Member
:shock: Right back? What the ****? Surely other areas are more pressing concerns. And surely Hoyte would not have got a long term deal if Wenger trusted him so little and was on the lookout for someone else.

Fortunately it is The Sun, so not much chance of it being true.

JML

RB?!?! LOLOMGWTFOHNOESRELEGATION!!!!111

Sagna's actually pretty good, but unless Eboue's moved up to right-wing, it would be pretty senseless to go after him now, especially for £6m. And now that he's a full international, I can't see him wanting to take a spot on the bench either.

gunner_down_under

I know The Sun has got a lot wrong, but they did get Reyes, Rosicky, Hleb, Gallas, Theory Walcott and a ****load of others right!

Ah....the sweet months of Summer Transfer window...As I said before, I'm just waiting for Wenger to come out and say he wont buy anyone, which wouldn't make me too unhappy. I still believer we got massive quality in the squad, we just need to put the ball in the back of the ****in net and we're laughing.

Canuck

Established Member
some competition for RB may well allow Eboue to move up to RW. Would seem to make sense upon initial suggestion.

banduan

Established Member
thegame24 said:
why????

what the f**k

we got eboue

f****g hell arsenal f****g hell

BUY SOMEONE

I'd love to see your posts 2 months into the transfer season when we still haven't gotten any players. :wink:

Nutsy

Established Member
Haha. Seriously, Canuck in the perfect world, Moving Eboue up to RW will be done instantly. but we know **** how good he is there. His crosses are a hell lot better than Hleb to be honest (surely Biggus can agree with me with this one). But I doubt Wenger would do that to be honest. he places trust on Hleb and Hoyte. It's pretty rubbish if you ask me.

Traore is too young to handle at LB to be honest (though him banging Teddy's girl is a whole different matter :D) and we can't out tire Clichy.

What we really need some wide men. Buy those who we actually need.

Jaded

Originated from French source:

http://www.lejdd.fr/cmc/sport/200722/arsenal-piste-sagna_25235.html

The events are connected for Bakary Sagna in this end of season 2006-2007. Called for the first time in Blue, the Resident of Auxerre, 24 years, better elected official side left of L1 by its pars, could moreover cross the English Channel to take seat within the talented manpower of Arsenal. A destination of dream for the Senegalese of origin to the chaotic course. If Raymond Domenech launches it Wednesday evening against Georgia, perhaps Bakary Sagna will dispute its last match with the Abbot-Deschamps.

A 24 years, the defender with the small fair braids wants to leave Auxerre. It still implied it this week, specifying that it did not want however “not to go to the iron arm”. The best side right of League 1 interests some French stables (Monaco, PSG), but its future takes shape in England. Arsenal wants and is it in liaison with the entourage of the player. The AJA ensures not to have received any offer, but knows the interest of Gunners. “The ideal would be that there remains still a year, but that appears complicated”, confession its trainer Jean Fernandez. Bakary, fears to him that Auxerre does not claim a too high allowance (10 Meuros), on the basis of its new statute of international.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Gunners_Nadz said:
Haha. Seriously, Canuck in the perfect world, Moving Eboue up to RW will be done instantly. but we know f**k how good he is there. His crosses are a hell lot better than Hleb to be honest (surely Biggus can agree with me with this one). But I doubt Wenger would do that to be honest. he places trust on Hleb and Hoyte. It's pretty rubbish if you ask me.

Traore is too young to handle at LB to be honest (though him banging Teddy's girl is a whole different matter :D) and we can't out tire Clichy.

What we really need some wide men. Buy those who we actually need.
not really. wenger DID move ebooue to ring wing for a number of times this season already. but its not been as great as he is in right back because he cannot do his favoured overlapping runs and nobody to hold up ball infront of him and nobody to play 1-2 for him to get past those opponents

stiiphunn

Established Member
I don't understand why we'd need a RB but fortunately it's the Sun. Unfortunately Le Journal du Dimanche from which originated this story isn't anything like the Sun- it's a quite serious newspaper.

Just a quick word about Sagna. He's a lot like Eboue. He's got pace and is really good when going forward. Probably less technical than Eboue though. Defensively Sagna is better than Eboue- his positionning is better.

If he ever comes to Arsenal I guess Wenger wants to put Eboue on the RW. Anyway wait and see...

Glovegun

Established Member
stiiphunn said:
I don't understand why we'd need a RB but fortunately it's the Sun. Unfortunately Le Journal du Dimanche from which originated this story isn't anything like the Sun- it's a quite serious newspaper.

Just a quick word about Sagna. He's a lot like Eboue. He's got pace and is really good when going forward. Probably less technical than Eboue though. Defensively Sagna is better than Eboue- his positionning is better.

If he ever comes to Arsenal I guess Wenger wants to put Eboue on the RW. Anyway wait and see...

Id be in favour of that. Eboue is only really in the team for his attacking threat IMO, his defending leaves a lot to be desired. I suppose if he went into midfield Richards would be the ideal signing at RB tho. No room for Gilbert?

asajoseph

Established Member
Generally, I'm not convinced that you can just move an attacking right-back into midfield and just assume it will work, and I'm quite skeptical of trying it with Eboue, even if his defending is suspect.

Generally, you're under a lot more pressure as a midfielder, and defenders / markers will be on you a lot quicker than if you're recieving the ball in a more deep-lying position, and you'll need a lot more composure. Also, I think you need a well developed passing game, and I don't think Eboue's really shown us that either, yet.

Finally, I think his crossing is a little over-rated, to be honest. He did play a few good ones, over the course of the season, but he hasn't really done enough to convince me that, relative to other midfielders, it's a particularly special skill of his.

Anyway, Eboue really has a lot to prove next year as a RB, and he needs to work a lot to regain the affection of the fans. I'm hopeful for him, because as an attacking RB, there are few better.

Rohit

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Generally, I'm not convinced that you can just move an attacking right-back into midfield and just assume it will work, and I'm quite skeptical of trying it with Eboue, even if his defending is suspect.

Generally, you're under a lot more pressure as a midfielder, and defenders / markers will be on you a lot quicker than if you're recieving the ball in a more deep-lying position, and you'll need a lot more composure. Also, I think you need a well developed passing game, and I don't think Eboue's really shown us that either, yet.

Finally, I think his crossing is a little over-rated, to be honest. He did play a few good ones, over the course of the season, but he hasn't really done enough to convince me that, relative to other midfielders, it's a particularly special skill of his.

Agree, i don't know why everyone is so convinced that a right back who shows attacking flair will come good as a right sided midfielder. He looked fairly average against Pompey and what makes him look good is his late runs down the line and Hleb feeding hime with the perfectly weighted pass.

As for crossing, we began mixing it up a fair deal this season but we don't do it enough for him to be made a right winger just for his crossing, we have a potential gem at right back and i don't see a reason why we should move him from there.

belgianfan

I agree with rohit and asa.

Eboue is a very very good right back so why waste him on the right midfield because we lack something there.

Adress the problem by improving your right wing without worsening your defence.

Look eboue played games at right wing in belgium too, and he was never impressive there. So why would he be impressive at the right wing in the epl(a million times better than my countries league).

We have a potential devastating weapon at the right side if we get a great right winger. Remember the ashley/pires partnership. This is something where teams can't defend against. If you close down the wing we still have ebou to do it.
It would be a waste of his talents and a stupid decision by moving him.

Like redandwhitearmy said: built not replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom