• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Diesel

Complete 0 from the attack in consecutive games. Would drop two outta 3 of the front 3. They literally haven't done a thing in two games now. Don't look dangerous at all. Look tired and a little bit of that PTSD in their eyes.

Artemis

Against United, Copenhagen, Lazio and Galatasaray. If league form weren't relevant, we wouldn't constantly carry bad performances over from one tournament to another. This Bayern team were there for the taking and we had them on the ropes at home before shooting ourselves in the foot like we have every season under Arteta. I'm not going to ignore that because they beat some other awful teams earlier in the CL.
They're actually trying to convince us that this Bayern side weren't there for the taking 🤣

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
If Partey is in then Rice is still 8. The problem is we didn't sign the Xhaka replacement/upgrade that was needed.

Ok I get that but the knock on effect of a fit Partey means we are not so reliant on Jorgi & Rice doesnt have to play as many minutes so players are fresher & perform better.

I do kinda agree but you have to factor in we were likely limited with funds & once Gundo wasn't coming on a free we couldn't go big on a signing.

Even if you forget about Rice playing '8' it was obviously felt a combination of Havertz/Trossard ESR or even Vieira would have stepped up & been good enough at left 8.
Unfortunately that hasn't really been the case.

Reactions: roz

Jamie99

Player:Ødegaard
On a positive note, I’ve learned a lot from this CL campaign ! Sounds obvious to some but I really underestimated experience.
You need to be making QF/SF year on year before talking about winning it! Our European record is shocking.
Our players aren’t clutch either so that ‘one’ chance will end up hitting the side netting
Having followed AM for a while this is my first time writing a post.

In my view, I think this post by @Lady_Gooner is spot on. This team/club has been away from the Champions League in what feels like forever, and when they finally broke through some fans were actually overly confident of winning the trophy. I don't think any competitive sport actually works that way. It's great to have such feelings as a fan but sometimes we got to be realistic.

This quarter finals still had Real Madrid, PSG, City etc with loads of experience players who have made it all the way to previous finals.

This Bayern team may be having a poor season but you can't just ignore the quality and experience in the squad and in the champions league with a number of them having played in it for years. You could see in the Bayern team that they were no real signs of them being nervous. However, while our boys were quite nervous at home they played with maturity in Bavaria. That to me is a positive. Which is why I believe we're taking the premier league challenge to the last day unlike last season.

I think we made a giant stride reaching the quarter finals in our first attempt after our long hiatus. What matters now is staying up there with the top dogs for a while as we continue to add the needed quality and experience to the team and we can win the trophy in time.

I for one had my expectations tampered, so going out to Bayern by a one goal margin and matching them stride for stride (especially considering previous encounters) is quite impressive and I say credit to the boys.

Personally, I had to turn off watching Arsenal during the late Wenger years because of the constant hammering we were getting from supposed "top teams" (because we used to be a top team prior to that dark period), and gradually tuned in again when Arteta began the rebuild. I must say I'm enjoying the ride and gradual upward progression.

If history is a guide we know this team are in the ascendency and next season will be better which means at least the semis awaits.

Meanwhile, shout-out to AM's Mr Optimist @SA Gunner. I do enjoy your insights. I enjoy @db10_therza balanced views as well. @Sapient Hawk is the one person that has me quite connected to AM because in the midst of all the meltdown and chaos he provides comic relief every now and then that helps calm the mind.

On to Wolves for the 3pts.

COYG

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I finally understand the "I'm not mad...I am just disappointed" thing my mum used to say to me when I was a kid, as that perfectly sums how I feel about these past 3 games and this team.

Except I also feel incredibly mad at these ****1ng losers too.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I finally understand the "I'm not mad, I am just disappointed" thing my mum used to say to me when I was a kid, as that perfectly sums how I feel about these past 2 games and this team.

Except I also feel incredibly mad at these ****1ng losers.
Yes me too but after remembering where we were 4 years ago I give them another chance lol.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Lot of players look fatigued it's seriously problem players with super stamina like Rice White and Ødegaard all looked dead in thier in 2nd half.

It's not great sign we would've been in big trouble if we qualified and faced more experienced and more clinical Madrid team.
Wasn’t the first half of the season where we were playing with ‘control’ (the amount of terms that the online Arsenal fan community come up with) precisely to prevent burnout?

What has happened now then if we are suddenly suffering from burnout ? We seem to be making lots of excuses for a team who have suffered the same issue at the same point in the season for nearly 3 years in a row.

Diesel

I finally understand the "I'm not mad...I am just disappointed" thing my mum used to say to me when I was a kid, as that perfectly sums how I feel about these past 3 games and this team.

Except I also feel incredibly mad at these ****1ng losers too.
Curious was she saying that alot? Would explain a lot 😁

elemoo

Lol this place is wild 😭

We were outplayed simple as and it’s about the level we expected tbh. Bayern are well seasoned CL and Tuchel outsmarted Arteta.

It’s just wild to me that ppl actually thought we deserved to win when the evidence suggests otherwise.

We come again next year, now we have gained the experience and know what it takes to get to the next level. It’s part of the process!

Diesel

Lol this place is wild 😭

We were outplayed simple as and it’s about the level we expected tbh. Bayern are well seasoned CL and Tuchel outsmarted Arteta.

It’s just wild to me that ppl actually thought we deserved to win when the evidence suggests otherwise.

We come again next year, now we have gained the experience and know what it takes to get to the next level. It’s part of the process!
Deserved to win narrative is weird. I thought we played like **** when trying to attack especially the last 135 minutes of the leg.

BBF

The result isn't terrible, and on paper, the campaign is a positive compared to last year. But **** me, this Bayern Munich side is complete rubbish by their usual standards. If it was Real Madrid I'd understand, but that? Really? **** sake.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I got gunned down (not literally !) earlier in the season for saying I felt maybe Teta had taken us as far as he could...now all I am reading is exactly the same 🙄

Our problem is that when our main plan & gameplay doesn't work, we look lost & totally blunt.

We cannot deal with bad losses & if we sustain one, it normally leads to a mini biip or total collapse..

We need to improve the attack & add quality depth.

We are close, just not totally convinced Teta is the man to close the gap.

elemoo

I got gunned down (not literally !) earlier in the season for saying I felt maybe Teta had taken us as far as he could...now all I am reading is exactly the same 🙄

Our problem is that when our main plan & gameplay doesn't work, we look lost & totally blunt.

We cannot deal with bad losses & if we sustain one, it normally leads to a mini biip or total collapse..

We need to improve the attack & add quality depth.

We are close, just not totally convinced Teta is the man to close the gap.

This is not a bad thing for us, it’s valuable experience from coach to players.

We were competing against a better coach a better team. How else are you supposed to learn and improve??? Even City, with superior players and arguably the best manager in the world took years of trying before winning the CL and as tonight showed even they weren’t good enough for a semi’s

I thinks it’s a very good and humbling experience to see where we are as a club but also as fans.

When was the last time you were this nervous or excited about a game that tested the limits of our players and manger?

Goes to show that even City with superior player and arguably the best manger in the world it takes years to get used to playing CL. We made QF on our long awaited return! Not all doom and gloom. Now we know what the standard is on the field and not just on paper.

When our boys use this experience (a first for most) and hit the switch and become MEN, it’s GO TIME!

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Eric Dier kept a 90+ minute clean sheet against us in a Champions League match.

Would sack the whole attack for that alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom