• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Benjamin Mendy

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
so what gonna happen to people who ruined his footballing career. we still don't know what happened but Mendy won't even play football again

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

This is a horrible case no matter what way you look at it, either Mendy is genuinely innocent and he's had his life ruined and the accusers face no consequences or he's actually committed at least some of the alleged crimes and he's gotten away with. There's no justice here whatever way you look it.

Emibury

I can still see him being able to sign a decent sized contract with someone - he is a free agent so no transfer fee and just about to turn 29. Talented and experienced at the highest level.

Keplaz

I can still see him being able to sign a decent sized contract with someone - he is a free agent so no transfer fee and just about to turn 29. Talented and experienced at the highest level.
Not at the top level. Two years without competing is big. The skills atrophy a little. And I don't think he was even training with the team.

On one hand if people are guilty then, of course they have to pay the price. But then not allowing them to play or train, and then they get acquited is also messed up.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
the problem even if he found not guilty this won't simply go away he lost 2 years of not playing he should just stay away from this sport and find another career.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

In some of the cases video evidence and text messages were used to show the claims against Mendy were not credible.

From the guardian

Why are these women not on trail? His life is completely ruined as a footballer and they get off free. No one is even allowed to name them

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
In some of the cases video evidence and text messages were used to show the claims against Mendy were not credible.

From the guardian

Why are these women not on trail? His life is completely ruined as a footballer and they get off free. No one is even allowed to name them
that my thoughts too what the purpose of these women to accuse these players without clear evidence?

Keplaz

that my thoughts too what the purpose of these women to accuse these players without clear evidence?
I think a lot of it must be money. "Give me this or I'll tell people you raped me."

I know people do get raped by footballers. And not all accusations are false. But there must be an incentive somewhere.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
I think a lot of it must be money. "Give me this or I'll tell people you raped me."

I know people do get raped by footballers. And not all accusations are false. But there must be an incentive somewhere.
if this the case and i guess there alot of people might blackmail etc.. then the players should be smarter who go out with or date in future.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White

From the guardian

Not being able to prove sth happened is not the same thing as being able to prove it didn’t happen… remember the bar for prosecution errs on the side of the defendant.

In the big scheme of things, Mendy might even be glad about all this. By all accounts he had some serious problems and he’s spent the last couple of years bettering himself. There’s more to life than football. Ask anyone who’s gotten over an addiction and they’ll get it.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

It's a sad case and staggering that it takes so long to get cleared of these charges.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
In the prior trial there were several girls who were caught sending each other on whatsapp and social media messages about getting compo payouts for the alleged rapes. 1 of them was caught joking about getting off with Jack Grealish on the night she alleged she was raped.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

In the prior trial there were several girls who were caught sending each other on whatsapp and social media messages about getting compo payouts for the alleged rapes. 1 of them was caught joking about getting off with Jack Grealish on the night she alleged she was raped.
Well I mean if this is true then I take back what I said and this lot should be locked up asap 🔒

Ljonin

Maybe they thought or hoped they had?

I mean it’s quite thick to expect women that had their lives ripped raped to shreds to keep quiet if they can’t present clear evidence.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Its almost impossible to get convicted for rape in the UK. So it wouldnt surprise me at all if he is as guilty as Greenwood and others.

Sparrahork

He will be untouchable in the UK however, much like greenwood.

I googled the ched Evans case, his actions were reprehensible but his rape conviction was not just and I can see why he continued to show no remorse.

The backlash clubs faced then for hiring him, and the goodwillie issue as well, means clubs will not risk taking on someone with skeletons in their closet. Due diligence for UK clubs in particular will become more and more important, as will ongoing education to players who may otherwise think they have a god given right to do as they please.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom