• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Birmingham vs Arsenal | EPL | Sat 27th March 3:00/15:00

Accomplished

Established Member
Re: Birmingham vs Arsenal | EPL | Sat 27th March 3:00

if we win this, I will go to 60% certain that we will win the league. this is a huge, huge, game.

Del Boy

Established Member

Is Martin scumbag Taylor still with Brum?

Alfonso

Established Member

It would be too much to ask for Eduardo to score a 95th min winner against these lot right? I think I would shed a tear if that happened.

To be honest that Brum game 2 years was one of my worst experiences as an Arsenal fan and as a fan that day has been a watershed for me. Ill be honest with you as soon as Brum scored their late equaliser I said to myself 'the leagues over' and I knew the domino effect would be pretty bad (i.e players leaving in the summer which they did and players feeling sorry for themselves the following season after losing the title).

In the summer when I looked at the fixtures list, this one was the one of the first I looked at. I know we say Stoke away was our 'anti-Birmingham' but I still think this is another huge psychological challenge we have to overcome due to what happened two years ago. Its going to be an iconic game I feel.

I wish Gallas could play in this game to remove his demons from that fateful day in Feb 2008. But Eduardo scoring the winner is enough for me.

Del Boy

Established Member

Well at least that is one thug out of the way. Mind you he is a terrible player so it could have been good news to see him.

I slightly fear for us here without Vermaelen. Birmingham are a very good team this season, especially at home.

Abs

Established Member

One game Im not corncerned about. birmingham has nothing to play for and are going downhill quick. they have overachived big time this season and had alot of luck to nick 1-0 wins. We will do them easily. More worried about Wolves home to be honest

otfgoon

Established Member

Birmingham don't have anything to play for anymore do they? They're 6 points off 7th having played an extra game so Europe is extreamly unlikely.

We also have an entire week to prepare for this and the likes of Theo and Rosicky will be completely fresh.

I dunno, I'm not as concerned about this as others. That being said, I'm still terrified going into evry game :mrgreen:

number_0

Established Member

Birmingham have one of the best home forms this season, we should go in there and destroy them, an early 2-0 is way better than a hard fought 2-1 or 1-0 since we have the barca game to prepare for.

Invincible

Established Member

If there was a game I'd have bet on Eduardo scoring in it's this.

MAK 14

Established Member

This will be a very difficult game. I'd like to see a bit of pace in the side so if I were Wenger, I would start Theo. I'd probably consider starting Eduardo too.

xcdude24

Established Member

This game is absolutely massive, and can potentially be this season's Birmingham away. They'll be up for this, and their home form is good enough to concern me. There's nothing more to say than what's already been said; let's stay strong and get three points.

MDGoonah41

Established Member

Almunia

Eboue - Sol - Song - Clichy
Cesc - Diaby - Denilson
Walcott - Bendtner - Arshavin

Bossa

Established Member

number_0 said:
Birmingham have one of the best home forms this season, we should go in there and destroy them, an early 2-0 is way better than a hard fought 2-1 or 1-0 since we have the barca game to prepare for.

You are stating the obvious :lol: . Yeah lets just get a 2-0 quickly sub off Cesc and Sol in the second half and defeat them 6-0, no problem.

But seriously, if we win this game I think we will definitely win the league.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

Speaking of penalties: today was the seventh penalty against us in the league. Only two teams - Burnley and Pompey, both relegation fodder - have been subject to more. Make of that what you will.

Kain

Established Member

I'd rather we not rest anyone for this game it's our most important fixture in the season... 1) It's vital we win to keep title pressure as high as possible 2) It's the day after my Birthday and nothing but victory will suffice! therefore play our strongest team! a weeks more than enough rest for a modern day footballer, If anything we play worse when we have rest players in recent seasons.

Klaus Daimler said:
Speaking of penalties: today was the seventh penalty against us in the league. Only two teams - Burnley and Pompey, both relegation fodder - have been subject to more. Make of that what you will.

Makes sense what with our dirty tactics and hackers within our squad... ohh wait?

If they can let Gerrard off for elbowing someone in the chops the least they could do is rescind that red from Vermaelen but that would be far to sensible, bunch of ****s the lot of them.

RockyRocastle

Established Member

Birmingham fans odds on to sing there's only one Martin Taylor, and to boo Eduardo / or sing he's only got one leg.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom