• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn 2-3 Arsenal - Carling Cup - 18th December 8pm

KingReyes

Established Member
arsenalblackburncchj5.png

Thought I'd start a thread on tomorrow's match. Would love it if we can beat these ****s and their mug of a manager with our reserves.

Team:

Fabianski
Hoyte Phil Song Traore
Walcott Denilson Gilberto Diaby
Eduardo Bendtner

Thats my predicted lineup. We could see Diarra at rb or midfield but it would nice if Arsène gave Hoyte a game. He thoroughly deserves it for his patience. There are also doubts on Theo's fitness so he might miss out.

P.S if the usual match thread starters want to update the thread then go ahead.

RC8 - Edit: Beat me to it
;)

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Not seen such a plain matchday thread in a while. Nice work :lol:

1-3 Arsenal. RVP to do his usual damage to his favourite team.

Swish

Established Member
Walcott and RvP are both expected to play, if so, I would prefer to see Eduardo ahead of Bendtner as Nicky will keep getting sub appearances in the Prem, although to be fair, I cant see RvP playing the whole game so soon.

Would be nice to see Diarra start, but after his outburst, im undecided on my opinion of him.

Either way, I expect nothing more than a win from the boys in red.

famous no 10

Established Member
Would love to beat that team and put their muppet of a manager down a notch, but I think it'll be hard with our reserves...I'm going to go for 1-2 to us after E.T..

AFCG7

Established Member
I wouldnt play RVP in Blackburn..he has jut come back from injury..we should give him a break from the expected thuggery from Sparky's boys , and save him for the Spuds game.

IBL

Established Member
This is a big game, if we win we get through to yet another semi-final...though no harm in not making it through. This'll be one of Blackburn's few chances to get silverware this season so they'll be well up for it. I'd go with KingReyes' team but Diarra will probably feature in there somewhere, perhaps instead of Gilberto

awooga83

Established Member
Would think Van Persie will get a run we know how he loves playing Blackburn and if he could get a goal before Sp**s we would know he was really back would be good for him.

thegame24

Established Member
Bentdner Van Persie could be good, but im worried hell get injured

walcott, diaby, denilson diarra midefield, cant see that doing great.

stuart

Established Member
Not particuarly worried about going out of the Carling Cup but i dont want to lose to Blackburn

Lehmann
Hoyte Toure Senderos Traore
Walcott Diarra Denilson Diaby
Bentner Walcott

gunnerama911

So it's the quarter-finals but I really couldn't care much about this game. It would be nice to get through as I'd almost definately be going to that semi-final but I don't care much.

Against Chelsea I noticed that in the second half a lot of players began to tire so I expect Wenger to rest a lot of the guys ready for Spuds next week.

GK: Fabianski
RB: Hoyte
CB: Song
CB: Senderos
LB: Traore
RM: Walcott
CM: Denilson
CM: Gilberto (C)
LM: Diaby
ST: Eduardo
ST: Bendtner

That side should be good enough to beat Blackburn or atleast match them. They're a good side but losses to West Ham and Wigan may bring their confidence down or even make Hughes feel the need to rest one or two players.

Prediction:

2-1 Arsenal.

Bendtner and a Gilberto penalty. Samba for them.

Come on the Arsenal!

number_0

Established Member
stuart said:
Not particuarly worried about going out of the Carling Cup but i dont want to lose to Blackburn

Lehmann
Hoyte Touré Senderos Traore
Bentner Walcott

haha, loved it how you have 2 walcotts in there.

but that is more or less the team i expect to play(with eduardo instead one of the walcott bothers ofcourse)

Jameel46

Established Member
hope that Fabianski keeps his place in the CC side to be honest, Lehmann can play the early FA Cup matches. bendtner should start, only VP and Ade are ahead of him in my opinion. Eduardo should probably partner him but it is a game we want to win and it will be a difficult game so maybe VP will partner Bendtner.

Gunnerama911 said:
GK: Fabianski
RB: Hoyte
CB: Song
CB: Senderos
LB: Traore
RM: Walcott
CM: Denilson
CM: Gilberto (C)
LM: Diaby
ST: Eduardo
ST: Bendtner

wasn't Fabianski captain ahead of gilberto in the other CC match? never got why that was? anyone know?

AliBabaBrewer

Jameel46 said:
wasn't Fabianski captain ahead of gilberto in the other CC match? never got why that was? anyone know?

Because Gilberto wanted to help out Fabianski by giving him a shot as Captain, as he'll be here longer..

Was the official excuse. I personally think it's just because Gilberto can't be arsed anymore.

tam1886

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
I wouldnt play RVP in Blackburn..he has jut come back from injury..we should give him a break from the expected thuggery from Sparky's boys , and save him for the Spuds game.
I was thinking the same. I think this is one of the toughest games we'll play against Blackburn. It's a legitimate shot at a trophy for them, they have just come off the back of a huge loss for them and their pride is well hurt. Hughes won't have taken that loss easily and you know he'll be demanding 120% out of them. Santa Cruz looks dangerous as well. I defintely think they'll be full strength, fired up and dangerous. The only thing I can maybe see working in our favour is that they have Chelsea at home on Sunday.

Despite that I still think we can beat them, but our younger players have to be at their best.

-----------Fabianski
Hoyte Touré Senderos Traore
-------Bentner Eduardo

I'd expect that or something similar, possibly RvP playing instead of Eduardo. I worry that with Senderos and Song, Santa Cruz could have a field day, so I expect Wenger to pick either Toure or Gallas to start alongside Senderos in defence. I'm hesitant to put Diarra in, but I think we'd need his no nonsense fighting attitude against the likes of Savage.

I've also just realised I won't see the game because I've got tickets to go and se Ocean Colour Scene. Gutted.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I would play:

-----------------Fabianksi

Hoyte---Senderos----Song---Traore

Walcott----Diarra--Gilberto----Diaby

-----------Eduardo---Bendtner

I'd put van Persie on the bench. I hope Denilson starts, but I can see Wenger starting with Gilberto and Diarra in an attempt to combat the physical nature of Savage and Tugay.

sam961gunners

--------------------Fabianski-----------------
---Diarra--Song--Senderos--Hoyte---
--Walcott--Denilson--Gilberto--Diaby--
-----------------v.Persie--Bendtner-------------

Sounds to me like v.Persie is going to start, if it were me i wouldnt play him but according to skysports Wenger is giving him the nod.

OneProudGooner

Established Member
This game will be tough and it'll very interesting to see if a weakened team can pull it off, Blackburn might be a bit more tired than us as they want to win it more than us they will play most of their first teamers. Bentley will be out there to prove something as usual.

Having experienced players like Van Persie and Gilberto in the starting line up might be enough to see us through.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Thanks
Bout time, was starting to wonder if this thread was going to be made 10 minutes before kick off

Two of ol sparkys dirty thugettes emerton and ooijer are both out

Confident our squad can go there and win, well enjoy the event after a great win which is getting talked about everywhere in europe over chelsea

Could be a dirty game but were prepared

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom