• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blackburn 2-3 Arsenal - Carling Cup - 18th December 8pm

number_0

Established Member
a brutish game in a cold december night in edwood park.....
that spells for atleast one season ending chalange to one of our youngsters.

blackburn seems to have troubles at the back, so we shouid exploit this because we wont be able to hold a clean sheet here

dutchMasta

-----------------Fabianski--------------
Hoyte---Senderos--Song---Traore
Walcott-Denilson--Diarra---Diaby
----------Bendtner----RVP------------

Gallas again? Damn he's getting a lot of games. Rest him, but he can influence the team on the bench before the match. I bet he personally requested to travel with them or something, what a captain.

mccroix

dutchMasta said:
-----------------Fabianski--------------
Hoyte---Senderos--Song---Traore
Walcott-Denilson--Diarra---Diaby
----------Bendtner----Eduardo------------

Gallas again? Damn he's getting a lot of games. Rest him, but he can influence the team on the bench before the match. I bet he personally requested to travel with them or something, what a captain.

fixed ;)

Dragon181

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
The squad that has travelled

Gunners (from): Fabianski, J Hoyte, Senderos, Song, Traore, Diaby, Gilberto, Song, Walcott, Bendtner, Eduardo, Mannone, G Hoyte, Song, Diarra, Denilson, Lansbury, Perez, Barazite, Gallas.

No van Persie in there so probably a Bendtner, Eduardo strikeforce. It will be a tough game, 2-1 to Blackburn.

:shock: :lol: :lol: Freudian slip? You like Song that much?

As I stop my laughing...

Wow from the traveling team, it really looks to me like Bendtner is the only player who 'played' on Sunday who has a chance to play this game. Gallas is there for show and to be a mentor for the young kids. And Gilberto is an example of how no one is 'untouchable' on this team. How the mighty have fallen. :(
With those players available, this is the team I see featuring:

--------------------Fabianski-----------------------
--Hoyte--Senderos--Songx3--Traore--------
--Walcott--Gilberto--Denilson--Diaby-------
-------------Bendtner--Eduardo-----------------

If Wenger honestly thinks Diarra could change his mind, he could play him either at RB instead of Hoyte (and maybe move Hoyte to the middle to replace Songx3), or he could keep Gilberto on the bench (highly unlikely). He could also play Diarra and Gilberto together, but we know how well that combination works. :roll:

Although this is the CC and most people don't really care how we do, it is a really good chance to blood the youngsters, and a trophy is a trophy (as Chelsea have proven). If nothing else, Blackburn are a tough side (literally and figuratively), so this offers the kids an opportunity to play under pressure. I'd love to see Barazite, Lansbury, and Merida (who has inexplicably changed his name to Perez, after Merida-Perez for a while, anyone know what that's about?), but that'll depend on how we're doing.

My heart tells me we win this but my head tells me we lose this. I'm not sure the kids are tough enough to withstand Blackburn, who go out of their way to kick you and bully you. And we know it won't be their second team out there. It will be a team of seasoned veterans ready to welcome these kids to PL play. I'm worried for them.

mccroix

Song x3...I'm loving it :lol:

I'd also love to see some action from Merida and others but the most you'll see from them is a few minutes at the end IF we're winning...

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Where did you lot get the team news from? It's not at Arsenal.com, BBC or Sky. I don't trust anyone that includes Song three times.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Arsène Wenger has announced his 16-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup Quarter-final tie with Blackburn Rovers.

The manager has rung the changes with the squad containing just two players involved in Sunday's win over Chelsea. Philippe Senderos was an unused substitute and Nicklas Bendtner was a 90th minute replacement for Emmanuel Adebayor.

Please note that Theo Walcott has pulled out of tonight's squad due to waking up this morning feeling unwell.

2 Abou DIABY (Age 21)
6 Philippe SENDEROS (Age 22)
8 Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)
9 EDUARDO (Age 24)
15 DENILSON (Age 19)
17 Alex SONG (Age 20)
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)
26 Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)
30 Armand TRAORE (Age 18)
31 Justin HOYTE (Age 22)
34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)
41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)
42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)
43 Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17)

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... arling+Cup

Hope Theo gets well soon.

Gurgen

Established Member
My team:

Fabianski
Hoyte Song Senderos Traore
Denilson Gilberto Diarra Diaby
Bendtner Eduardo

AFCG7

Established Member
I'd like to see Gibbas play a part in this game and see how he goes. He looks a solid player.. nothing spectacular yet but he did well in the last game he played.

Rohit

Established Member
Gurgen said:
My team:

Fabianski
Hoyte Song Senderos Traore
Denilson Gilberto Diarra Diaby
Bendtner Eduardo

Would like to see the same, may be Merida in CM instead of Gilberto or Diarra, but don't see that happening. In theory if we work hard enough we should be able to defend well with that line-up.

Illusion

Established Member
It's all on the kids, I hope they give Blackburn a good seeing too. However, I think it will be hard to win this one without our main fighters in the team.

Blackburn are in a poor run of form and have been letting the goals in, so maybe we will get a chance to capitalise on this. Although with our luck they will probably regain form tonight and play their best thugball again.

sabret00the

Established Member
Fabianski
J.Hoyte / Song / Senderos / Traore
Gilberto / Denilson / Diarra / Diaby
Bendtner / Dudu

Basically the same as Gurgens but i think it's absolutely vital Denilson plays through the middle so he can pull the strings and spread the play. I'd actually prefer Merda on the right wing over Gilberto but i can't see Gilberto getting snubbed. The problem is that this really goes to highlight the problems surrounding our wings across the club, from youth level to the first team.

I actually think that Wenger will go 4-5-1 with Bendtner up on his own and Dudu playing from the right wing.

Captain

Established Member
I'll go with:

Fabianski
Diarra, Hoyte, Senderos, Traore
Randall, Denilson, Song, Diaby
Bendtner, Eduardo

Will be a big ask for a win with that team, but if we really go for it, it's not impossible.

Looking forward to it.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
mags said:
No Gilberto...
Unless he is injured, I will consider his absence strange. He was involved in the team against Sheffield. Usually Wenger would start a few experienced players in this kind of cup away match.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
thats really a very young squad. hate to say this, but blackburn is a hard nut for our young lads.

2 Abou DIABY (Age 21)
6 Philippe SENDEROS (Age 22)
8 Lassana DIARRA (Age 22)
9 EDUARDO (Age 24)
15 DENILSON (Age 19)
17 Alex SONG (Age 20)
21 Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 22)
26 Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 19)
30 Armand TRAORE (Age 18)
31 Justin HOYTE (Age 22)
34 Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
36 Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
40 Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 19)
41 Gavin HOYTE (Age 17)
42 Fran MERIDA (Age 17)
43 Nacer BARAZITE (Age 17)

this will be the lineup i think

fabianski
hoyte senderos song traore
denilson diarra diaby gibbs
eduardo bendtner

wtf? so young!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Funny how hughes takes a dig at us and not the other top 4 teams but we all know hes one of fergies dogs and also hates us

Even if we never had them this week he would of still took a swipe at us

Anyway the squads up on our website, clockwork has also put the official team up
A very young team with an average age of 20 I think, but you never know with arsenal, our young boys turned over everton away last year so this would be an exciting game to watch

If certain players like diarra,diaby, denilson and niklas all think they should be first team starters then this is a perfect match to show they have th attitude and drive to take that step further

COYR!!!!!

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Arsenal line-up 2001/2002 vs. Blackburn

..............................Taylor...............................

Tavlaridis . . Keown . . Upson . . van Bronckhorst

....Pennant . . Inamoto . . Grimandi . . Edu .....

......................Wiltord . . Kanu...........................

Subs: Stepanovs, Aliadiere, Halls, Svard, Holloway

Arsenal Quotes

If you eat caviar everyday, it's difficult to return to sausages

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom