• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blimey - we release the official transfer fee!

lewdikris

Established Member
In what's blatantly been done after the investigation into Utd's transfer dealing's Arsenal have made an official statement of just how much they're paying for Reyes. This has NEVER happened before:

From arsenal.com

'Arsenal Holdings plc confirms that its subsidiary Arsenal Football Club has signed Spanish international José Antonio Reyes from Sevilla Futbol Clube on a four and half year contract; completion of the transfer is subject to the player undergoing a medical and his registration with the FA and the FA Premier League.

The initial consideration is €15 million (£10.5m), of which €10 million is payable immediately. Additional consideration of up to €9.5 million may become payable, subject to various appearance and performance criteria being satisfied. Arsenal does not expect any of the above sums, other than the initial €10 million fee, to become payable in its current financial year.

The directors of Arsenal Holdings plc take full responsibility for the contents of this announcement.'

That's actually bloody good value - 7 million up front, another 4 next year, the rest in installments afterwards.

Great bit of business AGAIN by Dein and the boys. His maximum price is therefore about 17million....

Adam

Established Member
And... he only fulfills that price after he has proved himself! Risk? What risk!

Great business. 6.9 Million to be paid this year - and although Hill-Wood has said this is a chunk of our supposed Summer funds; i am sure there will be something available for any other neccesary signings (i.e. Trabelsi, Yaya, Etoo etc)

Legend#1

Established Member
For this 20 year old superstar, I think £17m is a VERY good deal, and the deal the deal has been negotiated is even better

Not all at once, because i'm sure in 2 or 3 years Reyes's price will double or even triple

It's a good time to be a Gooner

Adam

Established Member
I wonder how many goals, what success the team has, how many assists, how many appearances and how many international caps the fee is dependent on.

Arsene

I hate hearing talk of Kluviert and Eto' overrated over hyped transfers never work. If everyone settles down we can get back to the business of winning trophies this season instead of spending much needed money on pipe dreams. What happened to Aliadere and Bentley who are on the fringe of first team football. With Reyes entering the picture I very much doubt any more strikers will be signed of any significance unless players are sold. A defender is still required.

lewdikris

Established Member
Wenger himself has said there'll be no new strikers - or words to that effect. The development of Bentley and Aliadiere is now the next priority.

We're one defender away from probably the best first XI in Europe...

Trabelsi on a free anyone???

patrick42uk

Established Member
ihad a feeling the 21 million being reported was an exaggeration. 7.1 million up front is great. why was the sevilla chairman building up the transfer to be bigger than ronaldinho's when it clearly wasnt.

Andrew

At 25 million or so I thought that it was too much. But 17 million (max) seems very good. Don't know why they're saying it was more than what Real paid for Beckham. :?

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I disagree about needing a defender (yet).

Left back - Cole (Clichy back up).
CH - Toure and Sol (with Cygan and Keown back up).
Right back - Ralph (Hoyte back up).

Now Keown may well be in his last season, which means another CH is needed for back up. Senderos has had a nightmare with injuries, and Garry has also had a bad season that way, but both appear capable of the step up if they stay fit.

thegame24

Established Member
lewdikris said:
Wenger himself has said there'll be no new strikers - or words to that effect. The development of Bentley and Aliadiere is now the next priority.

We're one defender away from probably the best first XI in Europe...

Trabelsi on a free anyone???

name me a better first 11 than arsenals?
not real- no defence
not manure- are you joking?
not juve- davids going is big blow and poor wingers
not milan- good defence good strike no mid.

and yes trabelsi on a free would be nice

back to the transfer. i think its pretty decent as hell end up being paid for when he becomes a proven superstar worth double the price :D

Adam

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
ihad a feeling the 21 million being reported was an exaggeration. 7.1 million up front is great. why was the sevilla chairman building up the transfer to be bigger than ronaldinho's when it clearly wasnt.

If he didn't - Biris (Sevilla's extremist fans) would have been throwing bricks through his window.

Reyes had to exaggerate it himself and state his affection for the club to end on good terms. They will still protest like hell.

Soler

Established Member
No midfield at Milan? Big call. They've got Kaka', Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf - all quality.

SuperBob

It was a good deal made by Wenger and Dein like someone else said in 2 or 3 years we will see this as a bargain mark my words. ;D
I think if we had the chance too sign Trabelsi we should take it! He is probably in the top 3 right backs in the world!
Trabeli RB and Hoyte as backup push Ralph up in midfield as a backup CM and backup RM
CB Toure and Cambell with Senderos and Cygan as backup.. and lets hope Garry can become a big player in Arsenal's future..
Left back Cole with Clichy as backup..

thegame24

Established Member
pires ljungberg vieira gilberto/edu/parlour would run them ragged. italian teams get nackered to easy look what we done to inter. we scored 3 goals in 10 mins. and that happens a lot in serie a aswell. gattuso is the only one that will battle all match

SuperBob

Ambrosini and Gattuso are both fighters! Kaka well he's out of this world a true Talent add that too Pirlo Seedorf and a classy Midfielder in Rui Costa that's one hell of a midfield. Shevchenko Inzhagi and Tommason there all lethal strikers and can hurt any team in the world.. Cafu Simic Nesta (Maldini) (Costacurta) our (Adams) and (Keown) Pancaro and Kaladze and Dida in goals I reckon top 3 in the world at the moment.. and they probably have the best team in the world.. well most complete anyway.

jc8gooner

I'm very surprised by that, but it's good to know that we didn't spend like 26 million as some have reported. Seems quite good value for the guy I think. We will have to see.

va_va_voom

Bottom line is, if he is as good as everyone says, then £16.8m is good business.

If we've managed to negotiate that price, I would think he's gonna have to do a fair bit (in terms of appearances and goals) for the full amount to be paid.

Well done Arsène, well done the board!!!!

patrick42uk

Established Member
Adam said:
And... he only fulfills that price after he has proved himself! Risk? What risk!

Great business. 6.9 Million to be paid this year - and although Hill-Wood has said this is a chunk of our supposed Summer funds; i am sure there will be something available for any other neccesary signings (i.e. Trabelsi, Yaya, Etoo etc)

slow down adam, he says a bulk of the transfer fee has been spent. i'm sure the left overs will be too little to get eto'o.

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom