• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Blimey - we release the official transfer fee!

patrick42uk

Established Member
thegame24 said:
pires ljungberg vieira gilberto/edu/parlour would run them ragged. italian teams get nackered to easy look what we done to inter. we scored 3 goals in 10 mins. and that happens a lot in serie a aswell. gattuso is the only one that will battle all match

are you serious, are you reall suggesting that midfield is better than milan's of gattuso, kaka, rui costa, seedorf pirlo ambrosini. Gilberto, edu and parlour weaken our midfield in comparison to theirs. Every single midfielder mentioned above for milan would get into any team in the world. Can you see parlour turning out for milan?

lewdikris

Established Member
AC Milan are the best unit in the world right now - and they're not even top of Serie A!

Getting them would be our biggest test.

Beating them would be the best thing in the world....

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I'm glad we aren't paying £20m coz that would be way too much. I still think we'll sign another striker in the summer.

dynasty

nah i think we will resign kanu for 2 years or bergkamp for one...
so we can see the development of alii and bentley....
we weill sign a defender i think

A.Hussain

this is where our spending ends at least for the next 4 years. the only other player wenger might have in mind is yaya toure. whenever his contract is up, wenger will move for him. although keown is retiring at the end of this season, senderos, cygan and kolo are all that we need. besides, on the arsenal website, hoyte can play in defense too.

i infact feel that next season will be lauren's last season with arsenal. hoyte will be 21 and kolo will take up right back as his main position. sol and cygan will hold the fort.

we also have 2 even younger defenders in our reserves who wenger rates highly. johannes djorou, swiss defender and frankie simek, an american who has already played for us.

the last piece of property wenger will go for is 3-4 years later, and that will be yaya.

lewdikris

Established Member
It's a little unlikely Wenger won't buy anyone at all for four years!!!

It's about making the team better one step at a time ... and if it's the right player at the right price we'll go for him.

Simple as that.

A.Hussain

the buys would be scholars to be bred for the gunner machine. wenger does not need to buy big players, especially since we already have a burdgeoning number of stars in our academy. with bentley, cesc, ali, now reyes, senderos, hoyte, clichy, stack, taylor, svard and pennant on loan,

even younger scholars like stoke, spicer, burchill, djorou, simek. wenger is creating our very own ajax academy, but more scientific, more effective, etc.

i cannot see wenger dipping into the market for the next four years with talent overflowing at arsenal. only yaya left for the pick. there is no position u can fill without looking into our academy.

neebz

lewdikris said:
AC Milan are the best unit in the world right now - and they're not even top of Serie A!

100% agreed !

reggiepaul

It is actually a brilliant buy.

I remember reading something about Jeffers a while back that we only paid 3 million for him because we didn't have to pay the 5 million or so performance fees he didn't live up to later on.

We may get off with paying very little for Reyes in the end turning out to be an absolute bargain.

laolu

lewdikris said:

agreed!!!

Funny that!
Arsène Wenger was actually on Sky Sports stating that Reyes cost Arsenal £12.5M, guess arsenal.com got it wrong.
i must be right on this one cos as soon as i come back to this forum,which i used to be a regular, i notice my posts are getting deleted.
now i wonder who's doing that????

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom