• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Book open on Jeffers' Arsenal career

vin de guerre

Yeh the book is open on flash in the pan Jeffers! The question is how on earth do we get rid of him and get some money back?

KoLo28

It's so pathetic the way you all comment on Franny, i think if he came back and had some chances, gained some confidence he would be perfect for henry. Just because he set up there goal doesn't mean we should sell him. You all love Bergkamp for what he used to be and he doesn't do much, yet you all seem to have a dig at franny. Stop being so negative towards him and give him another go!

A

Anonymous

His performance yesterday was excellent in the time he was on.
We are crying out for a stirker and yet we have one on loan at everton. madness.

He is not good enough to play week in week out but we need a player like him now.

vin de guerre

Absolute rubbish! we dont need Jeffers. He is not a product you can depend upon! It is sod's law that he comes on plays a great cameo role against us and people start to doubt why he couldnt make the grade at highbury. He is not good enuf to get into the Everton starting 11 and he is most definitely not good enuf for us.

thegame24

Established Member
Get off it Jeffers is the ****test thing since marmite.

Every time he played he got chance after chance and ****in missed 90% of them and nearly all were sitters.

Some of you lot complain abourt wiltord being **** but youd rather have jeffers?????

i think wwiltord will be back to his best when he gets back from injury and wenger starts playing him, especially in midfield.

Even Aliadiere who hadnt played first team football at the time was far more influental in the games against the old firm.

Valleyman

KoLo28 said:
It's so pathetic the way you all comment on Franny, i think if he came back and had some chances, gained some confidence he would be perfect for henry. Just because he set up there goal doesn't mean we should sell him. You all love Bergkamp for what he used to be and he doesn't do much, yet you all seem to have a dig at franny. Stop being so negative towards him and give him another go!
I totally agree with you. I'll never remember the last game of the duoble winning season, this time against Everton. I had previously not seen him play very much, and got very excited when he came on, hoping he would do well. After a few minutes, he had missed two good chances, and I predicted what the papers would have to say about him the next day, but suddenly my thoughts were erradicated when Thierry Henry recieved a long ball on the left, chipped an excellent cross to Franny who HEADERED the ball in. When was the last time a Gooner could head the ball in? I was estatic, over the moon, and I though that Wenger had solved his striker problems. It looked like Henry enjoyed playing with him as well, as Franny was the Fox in the Box he was hoping for. But, the next season he never really got a chance, although he scored more goals than Kanu that season, and not starting as many games.

So why this harsh critiscm towards Franny? The Community Shield incident was a one off thing. Remember Becks: Kicked an Argentinian, was hated by everyone, then came back to become England captain, an excellent player, and moved to Real Madrid. For god sakes, the the lad a chance. We's worth it.

Towards the end of the season, if we manage to sell Bergkamp, Wiltord and Kanu, we'll hopefully have a strike force that might not look like much on paper, but will prove there worth on the pitch: Henry, Jeffers, Jeremie Aliadiere and eventually Patrik Kluivert. That would be a simply unstoppable striking force, as we'd havetwo Henrys (Aliadiere) and two foxes (Jeffers and Kluivert). Excellent.

Valleyman

Last season Wiltord scored 13 goals from 54 appearances.
From 26 appearances Kanu scored 6 times.
From 28 matches, 18 of which were substute appearances, Jeffers scored 6 goals.

Which is most revealing?

reggiepaul

Wiltord is most revealing because he played on the wing.

Put a blind three legged goat next to henry and it's got a strong chance of scoring.

As for franny - good at Everton, in crunch games with Arsenal, didn't gel. Ali does, Pennant does.

Simple as for me.

I would love Jeffers to come back and kick ass but whether that happens is yet to be seen. It's an oddity yet.

...plus if he does well at Everton and bangs goals in we can get more money for him if we want to sell him, otherwise we could see if we can use him.

Yesterday I think Ali should have started. Bollocks to holding the ball Kanu - I want drive and I want to give Ali more confidence running at defences; we need him in the fortnight of lord of the bores.

Valleyman

You have a point reggie, I guess I should reconsider the statistics. Wiltord did play alot on the right, and Franny doesn't play at the top of his game in "crunch games." Good point.

A

Anonymous

wenger continues to keep faith on players that should not be playing for the Arsenal and are useless

these players are why we finish 2nd to united every year and continue to do so until he starts to get rid of the dead wood of the squad

reggiepaul

oshawa_generals said:
wenger continues to keep faith on players that should not be playing for the Arsenal and are useless

these players are why we finish 2nd to united every year and continue to do so until he starts to get rid of the dead wood of the squad

We're second to united not bottom of the league. If we were bottom, it would be easier to progress with finances and transfers at the top it's harder because you haveto buy effectively.

Common sense dictates we're second and have a very very good team. Only team in England with four cups? We're very good!

A

Anonymous

The name of the game is to be top of the league. In order to achieve that is to out wit Man United.

To do that is to get players who can score reguarly and also to strengthen the midfield.

Wenger has not done that, because of his faith in average 2nd string players.

United have on top for years, because they have a coach who strengtens their team by buying quality young players in key areas for the future and also the present.

The key here is to give their youngsters 1st team experience on regularly basis and also to buy players that give the team a step up.

Wenger has constantly refused to do this. Bergkamp , Kanu and Wiltord are players in decline and should not be regulars and a quality striker is a must. If money is the problem ( which i strongly doubt) Give Ali a chance. Not playing him for one game and then see him disapear for a month is stupid.

For christ sake owen started for liverpool when he was 17.

The difference between Wenger and Ferguson is that Ferguson sees problems in his team and addresses them.

JazzG

Established Member
He also has at least ÂŁ20mill to do that while Wenger has been forced to spend 200k per player.

zerofeel

*nods in agreement with JAZZG's thoughts* its true OSHAWA..Wenger is on a shoe-string budget to build a world class team and i think he has done supremely well to achieve so much on such a budget....

reggiepaul

oshawa_generals said:
The name of the game is to be top of the league. In order to achieve that is to out wit Man United.

The thing is you're assuming we're not trying to do that, but they are but like they have said we haven't got the budget but we are still achieving better than manUre.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom