• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal - FA Cup - Sunday January 6, 2pm

illmatik

Established Member
I don't have too many complaints from this match, unlike all of you,. The players who were atrocious barely play and were not up to match fitness (bar Eboue). Diaby was decent but he needs to look for the pass. Denilson was fair, but was no Cesc, what can you expect? We got the win, so be it.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
No complaints at all from me, look I even had my friend write us off saying burnley will be up for us, thinking the 'in-your-face' tactic will work against us

We won, his team got knocked out yesterday, so business done for me IMO

Lets see whom we draw tomorow, im ready for anyone

Asterix

Established Member
Meh, we won. Good enough.

Mind you, my anti-Eboue feeling has been growing all season, and I really don't want him anywhere near our first team next season.

He dives and cheats.
He can't pass.
He can't shoot. At all. I can shoot better, and I'm a goalkeeper.
He has no brain. Seriously. The guy looks not clever.

I may be being harsh, but he's not Arsenal quality.

vin de guerre

Asterix said:

Mind you, my anti-Eboue feeling has been growing all season, and I really don't want him anywhere near our first team next season.

He dives and cheats.
He can't pass.

I think you are being harsh.
I am sure that Wenger and Boro must see the reason why they persist with Eboue in the team.

On the whole the total team performance was poor yesterday and nobody really could say they performed to expectations.

Anzac

Established Member
Feeling of deja vu here..............same sort of general comments from the EPL Away games at N'castle, 'Villa & 'Boro'................basically no playmaker / creative player in the middle of the park.............

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I come up with an excuse for the midfield\s lackluster yesterday. Maybe AW asked his players to keep some energy for the sp*ds game? Nah, I think the players were not conditioned well. IMO the only players who moved like their usual selves in the first 20 minutes were, Kolo, Sendertos, and Eduardo.

stiiphunn

Established Member
I've just watched the game and we weren't as bad as you guys seem to think. Not at our best but we were more or less in control. They had a clear cut goal scoring opportunity with that header but that's about it.

I am therefore not surprised to see the same comments popping up whenever we were supposably poor...

Asterix

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
Asterix said:

He dives and cheats.
He can't pass.

I am sure that Wenger and Boro must see the reason why they persist with Eboue in the team.

On the whole the total team performance was poor yesterday and nobody really could say they performed to expectations.

I was being harsh, but Eboue is not up to our standard. He has done some clever things this season - some nice flick passes for a goal or two - but generally he gives the ball away too often and has no end product at all. His game is about athleticism rather than brains. Ideally you'd have both, but he certainly seems to lack the latter.

tam1886

Established Member
Asterix said:
I was being harsh, but Eboue is not up to our standard. He has done some clever things this season - some nice flick passes for a goal or two - but generally he gives the ball away too often and has no end product at all. His game is about athleticism rather than brains. Ideally you'd have both, but he certainly seems to lack the latter.
I agree. But hopefully it is because he is still adjusting to a new position and this is just a step back to take two forward. I've seen improvements in him, but he isn't up to scratch yet. Whether he still has something to add to make him better remains to be seen, but right now there doesn't seem to be enough coming from him. And he can't shoot. At all.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
vin de guerre said:
Asterix said:

He dives and cheats.
He can't pass.

Thats the thing, we always think that everytime we play, were going to be allowed to produce our slick football. Some of us are too spoilt
Its not going to work all the time or even happen

Theres going to be times where we just need to grind out wins, I said before this match ill take a 1-0 win and move onto the next game and IMO we did exactly that whilst putting in a professional performance

Look at the liverpool team, theymessed up and now theyre all over the media getting layed into
We dont need that to unsettle playersand fans so a win is a win

tam1886

Established Member
EMIR8_SOLDIER said:
vin de guerre said:
Asterix said:

He dives and cheats.
He can't pass.

Thats the thing, we always think that everytime we play, were going to be allowed to produce our slick football. Some of us are too spoilt
Its not going to work all the time or even happen

Theres going to be times where we just need to grind out wins, I said before this match ill take a 1-0 win and move onto the next game and IMO we did exactly that whilst putting in a professional performance

Look at the liverpool team, theymessed up and now theyre all over the media getting layed into
We dont need that to unsettle playersand fans so a win is a win
I don't think it was a professional performance from a couple of players though, and that's what my problem with the game was. At times they didn't look interested enough. Too many of them were walking about the park instead of making things happen.

I wasn't expecting them to go there and play the type of football we are used to seeing Fabregas, Hleb and the others play, but I was expecting to see some heart and desire, and that was missing from the likes of Diaby and Eboue I think. I would have settled for a 1-0 and a good effort. I don't think we got a good effort from most of them. Certainly the midfield at least, it's mainly them I have a problem with infact because the defence coped well enough with what they had to, and the strikers were our best players out there.

Eboue done a lot of running, but he never done anything worthwhile. He had a constant look of misfortune on his face, rather than picking himself up and getting straight back into the thick of the action. Diaby was constantly in the thick of the action, no matter where it was, leaving Traore to deal with the whole left on his own. I think Traore suffered because of Diaby's performance because he knew if he went forward the cover wasn't there for him as Diaby was having a walk around the corner flag on the other side of the pitch or somewhere like that. Diaby having a bad performance is one thing, but for his performance to bring down Traore's game when he would have been relying on him so much isn't fair at all.

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom