• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal - FA Cup - Sunday January 6, 2pm

RC8

Established Member
arsenalburnleytg3.png

Here it is! The FA Cup.

The line-up for this game is unpredictable. We have got no history on this competition this season. Refreshing game.

Personally I'm very eager to see if we get far in the FA Cup this season. Many people don't give it too much importance, but if we fail to win the league, which is highly likely, the FA Cup would be great. Seems ages ago since we last won it in 05, with Jens saving Scholes' penalty, and thus denying Roy Keane of a trophy in what would turn out to be his last chance to get a trophy for United.

It would also be brilliant to play at Wembley, etc. But first we've got to get there. Burnley are not a great team obviously, but they will be fired up for this game, and could cause an upset.

Come on Arsenal!

hoyden

It seems that we will play our first team in this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779
Arsène Wenger has decided that his Premier League big guns will launch Arsenal's bid for the FA Cup this weekend because he wants to ensure that his youngsters are rested and fully prepared to face Tottenham in the Carling Cup semi-final next week.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html
Wenger has also revealed that he expects his African players to play in the FA Cup third round clash on Sunday before leaving for the African Cup of Nations.

"I believe Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue will be able to play in the cup on Sunday against Burnley before leaving," he said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... to=newsnow

Brazilian midfielder Gilberto Silva is likely to be available for selection when Arsenal face Burnley in the FA Cup on Sunday after a bout of sickness that has forced him out of action over the New Year period.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
I love the FA Cup....greatest knockout competition in the world.

4-4-2 with Eduardo and Ade up top to start. Rosicky, Hleb, Flamini and Cesc in the midfield, usual back four. Bring Cesc, Hleb and Ade off after the hour mark.

banduan

Established Member
LOL

We force our 1st string to play in favor of resting our 2nd string...

tell me ANY other team that'd do that!

Dragon181

I was wondering what LeBoss was going to do about the FA Cup-Carling Cup back to back. I guess he really intends to go fully with the youngsters for the CC. I kind of feel sorry for Burnley now, having to face a full strength (pre-ACN) side.

sesquioxide

banduan said:
LOL

I would have preferred Wenger to play the second string in both games. We have enough players as it is who don't get enough games who can play and win the two games.

Burnley might go 1-4-5 or 1-3-6 and ultra-physical and the last thing I want to see is one of their players do a kick on one of our important players out of frustration like Dan Smith did on Diaby.

kym7224

banduan said:
LOL

Typical wenger isn't it? :lol: :lol:

I think it is because Burnley >>>>>>>>>>> Spuds :wink:

number_0

Established Member
kym7224 said:
banduan said:
LOL

Typical wenger isn't it? :lol: :lol:

I think it is because Burnley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spuds :wink:

QFT :lol:

anyway its been a while since we played someone so weak with a squad so strong, so any optism here for double figures?

Jaded

I think he will be playing first teamer, then let the second stringer to play CC match, so our 1st team get a 1 week rest for the Birmingham match.

Besides, our team hardly break a sweat against West Ham especially on the second half.

Asterix

Established Member
You lot really make me laugh. The FA Cup is magical for teams outside the premiership. It still retains it's magic for teams like Burnley. They will have been thinking about this game since the draw was made. They won't sleep properly for a few days leading up to it, but they'll do everything they possibly can to show us what they're made of.

Upsets still happen, and while I expect us to win, all this talk of double figures and easy wins is just plain silly.

Read some history and show Burnley some respect. I'm sure Wenger will.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
what rubbish. stupid thinking. we should go into all competitions looking to win.

i believe we will use half first team half fringe players. FA cup ties are never easy, but we should be able to win at least 3-0 here.

Zico

Established Member
It's a good plan by Wenger. We cannot give the first team too much reest between games. I remember when Cesc had been off for three weeks this past November, he returned looking sluggish.

This game is a cup final for Burnley. We need to kill their ambition and confidence quickly, as we did West Ham's. Hopefully, we will have some young men in the first team on Sunday to ensure that we harbor some hunger.

True Gooner

Established Member
Invincible said:
Why do I have a HORRIBLE feeling that we'll lose this game?

Your the new Tony Montana..;)

I'll probably miss the game though, its on BBC isnt it? Would they show the replay later the next day?

vin de guerre

I fully expect their pitch to be fully watered and very heavy prior to kick off. I am just worried about possible injuries we might pick up on the way!

gunnerGH

Established Member
kym7224 said:
If we lose the faster the better.

We can concentrate on the league.

Yeah, lets pull out of all competions. We wont win anything but we'll never get beat either... :wink:

vantoure

RC8 said:
arsenalburnleytg3.png

Here it is! The FA Cup.

The line-up for this game is unpredictable. We have got no history on this competition this season. Refreshing game.

Personally I'm very eager to see if we get far in the FA Cup this season. Many people don't give it too much importance, but if we fail to win the league, which is highly likely, the FA Cup would be great. Seems ages ago since we last won it in 05, with Jens saving Scholes' penalty, and thus denying Roy Keane of a trophy in what would turn out to be his last chance to get a trophy for United.

It would also be brilliant to play at Wembley, etc. But first we've got to get there. Burnley are not a great team obviously, but they will be fired up for this game, and could cause an upset.

Come on Arsenal!

why is it highly likely that we fail to win?

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom