• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal - FA Cup - Sunday January 6, 2pm

kym7224

Don't get me wrong, I live in Exeter city who drew FA cup 3red round with Mancs.

I have been OT, drew with them 0-0 (nearlly win) and made Fergie red face was best feeling in my life.

I know the magic of FA cup, because I exprienced myself.
What I said was priority. Even Wenger himself mentioned if three cups fixture too heavy he will sacrifice FA cup.

I know its tradition special feeling especially with English people, but priority is League. And second is CL sadly CL provide money.

To sum up I don't want Wenger to throw away FA cup and he never will.
But if we can't cope with busy fixtures sometime in the late season we have to choose.

Swish

Established Member
vantoure said:
why is it highly likely that we fail to win?

Was possibly a mistype by RC8

With regards to the tie, its quite disrespectful to talk about double figures and calling the game an easy win, Burnley have beaten Liverpool, Fulham, Villa and Sp**s in recent years in the cup at Turf Moor. They have a reputation of being giant killers, so lets not get too arrogant here.

As for the Burnley fans, as far as I can make out, they will be disheartened if the big names don't turn up. Remember, these guys are football fans too and to see players like Fabregas, Gallas, Hleb etc at their home ground will be brilliant for them. So I'm guessing that they are not looking at the possible Arsenal team sheet and thinking 'oh ****'.

All that said and done, I still expect us to win by a couple of goals, just like everyone else will.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Okay so a nice early tie against burnley....Another tripto lancashire to blackburns fiercest rivals

Think we will field our strongest squad possible for this tie, I really want us to play in wembley this year, especially the F.A cup

With man u, newcastle and liverpool facing tough ties later on and with a bigpossibilityof losing, getting the early win will make our saturday feel at ease

As swish said they have beaten giant killers in cup ties in recent years, but we shall not be the next on their hitlist

COYR!!!!!!!

Illusion

Established Member
There are no easy games, even if we are massive favourites, anyone can win a game of football on the right day.

Burnley will go for it and that's the magic of the cup, small teams get a chance to take down a big gun, that's a hell of a lot of motivation.

Hopefully it will be a thoroughly entertaining game and we will win.

Nice to see Wenger giving the second string a rest for this game, it's funny but also a good idea.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Burnley are not going to be a pushover... they are in the top half of the Championship, and we are playing at their ground... i dont think we will LOSE this game, but i honestly dont see a 4-0 scoreline either....

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kym7224 said:
If we lose the faster the better.

We can concentrate on the league.
Concentratin on the league could be a good thin, but I won't accept the team losing to a Championship side. I reckon the team haven't been KOed out any team below the PL in domestic cup competitions before? Only Arsenal have achieved that in recent years.

mindchnger

Wenger set to mix and match for FA Cup tie at Burnley

Wenger says it is likely that Lehman, Toure, Eboue, and Sagna all start. Gallas and Clichy may be rested according to what he said after the West Ham game, but for this type of game, I doubt it. Otherwise, Ade picked up a slight hamstring injury, but he could play if really needed. I would expect to see Eduardo and Bendtner up front then.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I want Gallas and Clichy have a rest as well. But Djourou can fill Gallas' place, who will fill Clichy's place? It won't be Traore because he will play in the CC semi.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
tactica442 said:
kym7224 said:
If we lose the faster the better.

We can concentrate on the league.
Concentratin on the league could be a good thin, but I won't accept the team losing to a Championship side. I reckon the team haven't been KOed out any team below the PL in domestic cup competitions before? Only Arsenal have achieved that in recent years.

Arsène has NEVER lost to lower league opposition, at least in the FA Cup. Possibly not in the Carling either, but I'm not 100% on that.

The last time it happened to Arsenal in the FA Cup, by my reckoning was against Millwall, under George Graham.

mindchnger

I think Senderos if anyone will be filling in for Gallas if he is rested. If Clichy is rested, I feel like the boss will go with Traore then even if he's going to play midweek.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
1st team arsenal vs burnley.

i hope burnley's undertakers have prepared enough coffins this sunday.

:wink:

stuart

Established Member
I want Theo to start up front for this one. We've seen him out wide long enough

Lehmann
Hoyte Sagna Toure Traore
Hleb Denilson Diarra Rosicky
Walcott Eduardo

Nice mix there, imo. Maybe Senderos deserves a chance but i think it could be beneficial to see Sagna in the centre with Toure. That team should ensure we dont get beaten while also bringing the potential of lots of goals.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
i think it's better to have phil than sagna as CB.

at least phil can get some match fitness before toure goes to ANC.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
So Toure and Eboue can play this game. Hleb was a sub agasint West Ham and AW wants the youngsters to fully prep for the Sp*rs game. And oh , i just learned that Song got called by Cameron for ACN. Argh. So one less CB for the team during ACN now.

Burnley game: 4-4-1-1
Lehmann
Sagna, Toure, Song, Clichy
Eboue, Cesc, Gilberto, Flamini
Hleb
Ade

Sub: Almunia, Senderos, Denilson, Randall, Eduardo

Sp*rs game: 4-4-2
Fabiaski
Hoyte, Senderos, Djourou, Traore
Walcott, Diarra, Denilson, Diaby
Bendnter, Eduardo

Sub: Lehmann, Sagna, Merida, Lansbury, Gibbs

[EDIT] forgot Gilberto

sam961gunners

--------------------Almunia-------------------
---Sagna--Toure--Senderos--Traore---
--Eboue--Denilson--Gilberto--Diaby--
---------------Walcott--Eduardo---------------

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hm what Sam said, except Lehmann will most likely start.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
true gooner said:
Invincible said:
Why do I have a HORRIBLE feeling that we'll lose this game?

Your the new Tony Montana
..;)

I'll probably miss the game though, its on BBC isnt it? Would they show the replay later the next day?
where has the original gone?

Alfonso

Established Member
A bit off topic, but I rekon Aston Villa will get a result against the Mancs in the cup on the day before our game. Would love it to go to a replay. The more games Utd have to play the better.

As for Burnley, another one of Wrighty's old clubs, this is literally their cup final so we should be aware of that and play with our usual intensity. I just hope Traore doesnt score an own goal, as his namesake did for Liverpool the last time they played Burnley (and lost!).

I would play Senderos so he is mentally and physically fit for Sp**s. We all know Big Phil needs a few games on the run before playing well.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
wenger says he will rest gallas and clichy, but traore will also be rested since he needs to play in CC semis. so who is our left back?

can we rest gallas and play him in carling instead of senderos? lol

and lets use our last 3 african players before they leave

tam1886

Established Member
I'd like to see a mix of players, but from what Wenger has said I don't think his team is exactly what i'd pick.

What I'd go for.

---------------Lehmann

Eboue---Toure---Senderos---Hoyte

Walcott--Fabregas--Gilberto--Diaby

-----------Bendtner--Eduardo

I'd like to see Sagna given another game off. He has played a lot and it's the perfect opportunity to both use Eboue effectively before he leaves and rest Sagna. I'd also like to see Fabregas play at least some part, assuming he won't be used against Sp**s. I think he should be playing at least some of each game as he tries to regain his best form. It's returning, so giving him an extended break again wont help it. Gilberto in to keep Diarra fresh for Sp**s, and I think the rest of the younger players who are likely to play against Sp**s will be fine playing both games. They aren't among the youngest in the squad (bar Walcott), and I'm sure they have all experienced playing tough games in short periods of time. I think they are physically and mentally tough enough to cope with the demands.

What it could be

---------------Lehmann

Sagna--Toure--Senderos--Traore

Eboue--Fabregas--Diarra--Rosicky

---------Bendtner--Eduardo

I think this is one of the most likely line-ups we could see. Bit of a mix, whilst not playing too many who might play against Sp**s. Traore seems a fit boy and should be able to cope. If Adebayor has any injury no matter how slight then he should not be played under any circumstances. We should be able to beat Premiership teams without him, so the same goes for Championship teams. Eduardo is clicking into gear, and I'm sure the Burnley defence will make a few mistakes and present a few chances to him if he is in there. Ideally it would have been good to play Gallas and Senderos together before they are thrown together, but as it stands Toure can play and give Gallas a much needed rest.

I would feel comfortable with both of those teams going against most Premiership teams so I'd expect them to beat Burnley. I'm not counting my chickens or underestimating Burnley, but we really should beat them.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough
Top Bottom