• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal - FA Cup - Sunday January 6, 2pm

scruzgooner

a note to viewers in the usa...fox soccer channel is running the game at 9 am eastern, 6 am pacific. joy!

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
USgoonergirl said:
true gooner said:
Invincible said:
Why do I have a HORRIBLE feeling that we'll lose this game?

Your the new Tony Montana
..;)

I'll probably miss the game though, its on BBC isnt it? Would they show the replay later the next day?
where has the original gone?
Yea where is the other cheerfully chap gone. :lol:

scruzgooner

i expect:
lehmann

eboue touré senderos traore

hleb fabregas diarra rosicky

bendtner eduardo

bench: almunia, walcott, flamini, gilberto, song.

back to the hleboue combination, and giving us good service from either side. phil and diarra get a run, in anticipation of needing them for the next few weeks. traore can come off for matty if he gets fatigued in the latter stages, and walcott slips into hleb or either striker's space.

to me the weakest thing here could be if eboue isn't having a good game, though we can easily bring in flams or gilberto and move diarra to rb. it's also why i wouldn't start walcott with eboue at right back, i don't see theo as giving good enough defensive coverage when the eboue overlaps and doesn't recover his position quickly enough.

i could also see

lehmann

diarra touré senderos traore

eboue fabregas gilberto rosicky

bendtner eduardo

bench: almunia, walcott, flamini, hleb, song.

it's amazing arsenal have such a flexible team...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
arsenal_hleb said:
wenger says he will rest gallas and clichy, but traore will also be rested since he needs to play in CC semis. so who is our left back?
My guess is it would be Gibbs. Gibbs was ok in CC against Sheffiefld., but then Sheffield was quite sh*te in the Championship. Defensewise, Gibbs should be able to handle the pressure.

tam1886

Established Member
Hoyte is a more than capable LB, especially against a championship team. I don't think someone like Gibbs will play in the FA Cup yet. He's still got quite a way to go before that.

Biggus

Established Member
Asterix said:
You lot really make me laugh. The FA Cup is magical for teams outside the premiership. It still retains it's magic for teams like Burnley. They will have been thinking about this game since the draw was made. They won't sleep properly for a few days leading up to it, but they'll do everything they possibly can to show us what they're made of.

Upsets still happen, and while I expect us to win, all this talk of double figures and easy wins is just plain silly.

Read some history and show Burnley some respect. I'm sure Wenger will.

Heh heh some of these young lads should know their history before spouting off :roll:
The FA cup is a straight knock out competition and is unseeded. Its history is littered with shocks, so much so that it has almost become the byword for shock defeat. Crap teams on crap grounds, pissing rain and/or ice, roared on by a home crowd- so that for them is the game of their lives. This is a trial of professionalism for us.
Remember Burnley have nothing to lose and everything to win.

As for this talk of going out of this competition early may help our premiership campaign........I'm not so sure, a loss- any loss can lead to a loss of confidence and momentum and start a disastrous losing streak. We are a young highly fit professional outfit that should be able to handle all the games.

tam1886

Established Member
Biggus said:
As for this talk of going out of this competition early may help our premiership campaign........I'm not so sure, a loss- any loss can lead to a loss of confidence and momentum and start a disastrous losing streak. We are a young highly fit professional outfit that should be able to handle all the games.
I think one thing counting in our favour is that the players we might see outside the first teamers in these types of games (the likes of Diaby, Diarra, Hoyte) either have a point to prove or ar Arsenal through and through. I think that helps a lot. Hoyte will give his all, and Diarra and Diaby should be playing to their best, whether it's to force their way into the team or just to put themselves in the shop window.

Unkmengani

Lehmann's off!

So I'd have Fabianski in goal;
Hoyte - Kolo - Senderos - Traore
Eboue - Denilson - Diarra - Diaby
Theo - Bendtner

And that team would more or less be the one I'd have against thye spuds apart from Eboue and Kolo going and Eduardo and Djourou coming in.

So there!

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Hmm interesting. I took it as a given that Wenger would play the kids against Burnley.

I would go with:

-------------------Lehmann

Sagna----Toure---Senderos----Hoyte

Eboue------Diarra----Gilberto-----Diaby

----------------------Hleb
-------------------Bendtner

>YounGunner<

Established Member
tactica442 said:
So Touré and Eboue can play this game. Hleb was a sub agasint West Ham and AW wants the youngsters to fully prep for the Sp*rs game. And oh , i just learned that Song got called by Cameron for ACN. Argh. So one less CB for the team during ACN now.

Burnley game: 4-4-1-1
Lehmann
Sagna, Touré, Song, Clichy
Eboue, Cesc, Gilberto, Flamini
Hleb
Ade

Sub: Almunia, Senderos, Denilson, Randall, Eduardo

Are you actually suggesting playing a 4-5-1 against Burley :lol:

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Denilson should start both matches. He hasn't featured much lately, so I don't think he needs to be rested for the trip to Burnley.

number_0

Established Member
why doesnt wenger play his youngsters in the FA cup, and drop the carling cup completly(by playing the reserves).
just an idea for next season

tam1886

Established Member
number_0 said:
why doesnt wenger play his youngsters in the FA cup, and drop the carling cup completly(by playing the reserves).
just an idea for next season
Because it is still a prestigeous competition that we should be honoured to win. If we had got Man Utd or Chelsea instead of Burnley there is no doubt we would be at full strength. Wenger is just going to use the fact that we drew a lower league team to rest one or two players.

Unkmengani

Our reserves and yutes beat a full strength Blackburn, so there's no reason why they can't get past a Burnley side who have been pretty poor of late.

That is all, I have spoken!

Fallen_Angel

I just hope we thrash Burnley 8-0 or something.

I have school the next day and I'm not looking forward to it, I need something to smile about.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
There's not a single cell in my brain that thinks we will lose this one, but i am afraid of any injuries. These lower league boys want to prove themselves against top-notch players and they may play rough and cause injuries.

Any way I will go with 5:1 for us..

(with a senderos hat-trick) :D :D :D

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

I'd expect them to try and come at us thus leaving lots of space for us to take advantage and thrash them.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom