• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal - FA Cup - Sunday January 6, 2pm

USgoonergirl

Established Member
USArsenal said:
famous no 10 said:
It must be only us Gooners that can end up slating each other and arguing even when we've just won.

Chill out everyone...we played s***e and won, no injuries, no problem.
i agree that we won, and all worked out OK.. but it very well could NOT have, the way we played, especially on the left hand side...
in the first half it was definatly shaky, but things were straightened out for the most part in the second. burnley were more up for it, yet our quality got us the win. i think we should just move on, we won, no injuries, and we could have kicked it up a gear if we had to.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
i think we took this match too easily. we were over confident and didn't even get out of half a gear.

but its good though, i have no real complains about our poor performance as we were just pure slacking.

think about it in this way, the players took it easy, they were not too tired or affected by fatigue, and we won.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
USgoonergirl said:
USArsenal said:
famous no 10 said:
It must be only us Gooners that can end up slating each other and arguing even when we've just won.

i agree that we won, and all worked out OK.. but it very well could NOT have, the way we played, especially on the left hand side...
in the first half it was definatly shaky, but things were straightened out for the most part in the second. burnley were more up for it, yet our quality got us the win. i think we should just move on, we won, no injuries, and we could have kicked it up a gear if we had to.
Was it our quality or our strikers? I think it was our strikers.

Unkmengani

What ever cap'n.

Maybe your instinct after a game is to slate individuals, when it was a poor team effort, maybe you can't wait to come on here to ***** and generally acy like a fish wife, maybe you cannot take any positives from a victory, maybe you also wanna suck the last remaining bits of fun and enjoyment out of everything coz you're also a pedantic, over critical f*ckwit too?

Who knows? What I do knoe, od this place sometimes is like a mothers meeting; ***** ***** moan moan, and I can't be arsed with it so excuse me, I'm outta here.

Whoops! Slap my wrists.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Unkmengani said:
What ever cap'n.

Maybe your instinct after a game is to slate individuals, when it was a poor team effort, maybe you can't wait to come on here to ***** and generally acy like a fish wife, maybe you cannot take any positives from a victory, maybe you also wanna suck the last remaining bits of fun and enjoyment out of everything coz you're also a pedantic, over critical f*ckwit too?

Who knows? What I do knoe, od this place sometimes is like a mothers meeting; ***** ***** moan moan, and I can't be arsed with it so excuse me, I'm outta here.

Whoops! Slap my wrists.

wow, crying shame, really...

:roll:

goodbye

j'nuh

Very pleased, never easy going to a good championship side, up north and after such a gruelling christmas period.

They only troubled us once, and when we needed to we scored easily. End of the discussion for me really.

There is always going to be idiots that think we should beat anyone that is a step below us in quality 5-0 regardless of conditions, its best to ignore them.

AFCG7

Established Member
Not a great game ..good result - all our players came through without injury and we are through to the next round. Now for the next game.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I think the situation looked worse then it was. We didnt play well, but we wasnt exactly awefull either. If you was watching it on the BBC like i was, i think the burnly supporting commentators made it sound worse then it was. I think theres some rule in the FA cup, which forces everyone to support the lower division teams. Burnley, for all their spirit & gusto didnt create many, if any, clear cut chances. Ours was a case of finishing the ones we had and Edurado should have had a second.

As people have said, we didnt play our usual game, but the fact is that we're getting results now, even playing as bad as we did. Something we havent done up until this season.

USgoonergirl

Established Member
arsenalfc0719 said:
USgoonergirl said:
USArsenal said:
famous no 10 said:

Was it our quality or our strikers? I think it was our strikers.
id say quality, as our strikers are definatly that, and Bert and Denilson were decent, and our defence after the shaky start didnt look really troubled (aside from traore, who was poor).

AliBabaBrewer

Am I the only one who didn't think Eboue was God-awful?
Yeah, his play overall, but he had at least 3 shots and actually looked alright in the first half.

And I can see what's coming next with the 'But the second half he was crap!', yeah, but Senderos had a very shakey first half, but I still don't think he did that bad. He cleared it up eventually.

This is something Diaby did not do. I was shocked by him today. He was attrocious;
- Failed to help Troare at least 95% of the time
- Tried to dribble his way through players and came unstuck
- Passing was either very simple or very poor
- Didn't bother sticking to his wing, at one point I saw him play a one-two with Eboue on the right before not bothering to move back.
- Looked too greedy in possesion

Traore also looked very young, but as was the same with the Sevilla game, he had no support. With no winger in front of him to help out, and a twitchy Senderos beside him, wasn't too confident. Wouldn't mind him being loaned out for the first part of next season actually..

Eduardo impressed me today too, seemed to get more into the game than I've seen before. Due to Diaby being MIA, him and Bendtner had to drop to left midfield and Eduardo was suprisingly the one out of the two who got more stuck in. He took his first chance well, and was unlucky with the second, but sort of bottled it with the third.

And a little mention to Bendtner's over-head kick. He will score one of those one day!

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
Yeah, his play overall, but he had at least 3 shots and actually looked alright in the first half.

And I can see what's coming next with the 'But the second half he was crap!', yeah, but Senderos had a very shakey first half, but I still don't think he did that bad. He cleared it up eventually.
He was awful in the first half as well, hardly put a pass right.And those three shots don't count as they were all God-awful.

Captain

Established Member
Unkmengani said:
What ever cap'n.

Whoops! Slap my wrists.

It's a discussion forum- people come on and discuss things. That discussion is often going to revolve around player performance, especially in a match thread. If you're incapable of comprehending such a simple concept then I can't help you; no one can.

Get over yourself, go away and think about it instead of coming on here and acting the billy big balls for absolutely no particular reason.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Captain said:
Unkmengani said:
What ever cap'n.

Whoops! Slap my wrists.

It's a discussion forum- people come on and discuss things. That discussion is often going to revolve around player performance, especially in a match thread. If you're incapable of comprehending such a simple concept then I can't help you; no one can.

Get over yourself, go away and think about it instead of coming on here and acting the billy big balls for absolutely no particular reason.
dont worry about it.. he wont respond...

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
AliBabaBrewer said:
This is something Diaby did not do. I was shocked by him today. He was attrocious;
- Failed to help Troare at least 95% of the time
- Tried to dribble his way through players and came unstuck
- Passing was either very simple or very poor
- Didn't bother sticking to his wing, at one point I saw him play a one-two with Eboue on the right before not bothering to move back.
- Looked too greedy in possesion

Traore also looked very young, but as was the same with the Sevilla game, he had no support. With no winger in front of him to help out, and a twitchy Senderos beside him, wasn't too confident. Wouldn't mind him being loaned out for the first part of next season actually..

Hes been doing that alot this season, always holding onto the ball when a pass is needed, and frustratingly its usually followed by him loosing possesion. Poor Troare was pretty much alone on the left defending with Diaby MIA most of the time, why does wenger persist with him there? Its not as if its just this much hes failed in that position.

On a side note, i thought that Bert looked more "With it" today then any other time this year, still not what he was last season, but more on the up then down.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
Unkmengani said:
Give it a rest with slating individuals. It's soooo effin boring, predictable and geeky!

The whole started with a lax attitude, fook knows why? And when you do that it's virtually impossible to up the game, so as Burnley were well for it, got a up a head of steam and with the sending off had a sense of injustice to give them renewed energy.

Still, Kolo and Phil were solid, can't remember jens needing to make a save, Eduardo took his goal well and showed classy touches as did Bendtner, particularly adter he scored.

Oh yeah, and we won!

After you posted it 20 times, I still disagree. These games are opportunities for the younger players on the fringes of the starting XI to make an impact and prove they deserve a look. Diaby is a player that wants to play more games, so when he gets a start, he needs to go 100% and prove himself, not cruise around and play like it's a pub game.

AliBabaBrewer

arsenalfc0719 said:
AliBabaBrewer said:

He was awful in the first half as well, hardly put a pass right.And those three shots don't count as they were all God-awful.

Well, I suppose that's true, but on the up side. at least he looked like one of the liveliest! (How do you spell that?)

stuart

Established Member
We weren't great but i enjoyed it. Burnley were absolutely brilliant, the should be proud of themselves. Even though we didnt play well the victory was never really in doubt, despite the few scares along the way. Lafferty should never have been sent off imo but it seemed to spur them on even more.

Eduardo Toure and Senderos are the only ones to come out of that with much credit.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom