• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Burnley v Arsenal - FA Cup - Sunday January 6, 2pm

kamikaze80

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Diaby has been s**t. Plain and simple.
awful yet again, same story with this guy, even agaiinst lower level championship competition. i realise the players were taking it easy in anticipation of the carling cup match, but that doesnt excuse the atrocious decision-making and sloppiness that characterises diaby's play. so frustrating because theres not much separating him from being the pile of crap that he is now, to an extremely dangerous LM.

well-played to burnley.

dutchMasta

Yet another game where we've performed poorly yet got a great result.

We had 3-4 clinical scoring moments and took 2 of them. Burnley had several as well, and screwed them all up, so I guess we deserved it, but they did dominate possession and did have some nice passing moves.

Thought ref had a good game, tried to keep his cards in his pockets. Could've booked Denilson (maybe should've) for 1-2 dangerous tackles.

Unkmengani

Give it a rest with slating individuals. It's soooo effin boring, predictable and geeky!

The whole started with a lax attitude, fook knows why? And when you do that it's virtually impossible to up the game, so as Burnley were well for it, got a up a head of steam and with the sending off had a sense of injustice to give them renewed energy.

Still, Kolo and Phil were solid, can't remember jens needing to make a save, Eduardo took his goal well and showed classy touches as did Bendtner, particularly adter he scored.

Oh yeah, and we won!

Unkmengani

Give it a rest with slating individuals. It's soooo effin boring, predictable and geeky!

The whole started with a lax attitude, fook knows why? And when you do that it's virtually impossible to up the game, so as Burnley were well for it, got a up a head of steam and with the sending off had a sense of injustice to give them renewed energy.

Still, Kolo and Phil were solid, can't remember jens needing to make a save, Eduardo took his goal well and showed classy touches as did Bendtner, particularly adter he scored.

Oh yeah, and we won!

Unkmengani

Oh yeah, and we won!

Unkmengani

Oh yeah, and we won!

giuliob

Dismal, disjointed game from Arsenal...Burnley played their hearts out...Unfortunately for them talent wins out...I just hope this performance is a blip on the screen....Our defense straightened itself out apart from Traore; Our midfield was terrible, and the strikers did well to score without service from the midfield....Don't want to see that foursome play together any time soon....

Dragon181

It was a pretty pathetic game overall. Burnley really played their hearts out and Eduardo really made the scoreline look better than it should have been.

Eboue is a solid defender on the right, but his decision-making on offense was piss poor today. Diaby was piss poor both on offense and defense. Traore needs to learn to position himself and defend better. And Denilson's tackles have shades of his red card sliding tackle. It worries me.

On the bright side, after a gaffe or two, Senderos was solid the whole game. He can't help who he plays against, just how he plays against them. And against Burnley today he was solid. Gilberto looks a little rusty but was much improved from previous games. He defended and won the ball well. And of course, Toure, Sagna, Bendtner and Dudu had their normal good games.

But this match makes me wonder who is going to play vs. Sp**s on Tuesday. The squad could very well be stretched that day.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Unkmengani said:

Oh yeah, and we won!

why would we not slate those who looked like they didnt belong on the pitch today? we had a few players who played probably their WORST games at Arsenal (Diaby, Traore, Eboue).. not exactly sure how that is geeky...

Kolo & Phil were anything but solid.. Toure was solid enough, Phil grew into the game a bit, but he was fairly shaky in the first half (actually, VERY shaky)...

Jeny needed to make a few savs.. luckily, that was more due to Burnley's HORRIBLE finishing....

Nik & Eddy looked decent enough.. 2 good finishes from nice through balls.. cant believe Eddy missed his other chances.. (neither could he)...

Jens got a clean sheet.. always a bonus, but was also a bit lucky with Lafferty hitting the bar...

henry79

phew !!!!!!

wasnt expecting that.We have won but that doesnt tell the whole story!!!!

3 players were poor today eboue (as always) doesnt know what, he is doing he just runs with the ball and just stands there. Thank god he is off to ACN so wenger can buy a winger. I dont want to see him there for us why is wenger so persistent with him he doesnt offer us anything.

diaby was useless he like he was disinterested ,in the first half he was literally walking !!!!!!

traore was another who had a poor game was exposed so many times!!!!

As a team we didnt play well we thought it will be an easy game and we just had to show up and get the 3 points. where as burnley playerde really well afterall it was the FA cup.

thank god we had eduardo !!!!!

nazo

Established Member
average performance but we're through and that's all that matters. good finishes from bendtner and edu, they seem to enjoy playing together. if we really wanted to, we could've scored 52 goals but we did enough.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Think that our two players up front MOTM?
We looked very poor passing was not good at all the final third was also to bad,
Hopefully we can keep our heads up and put a very good peformance against Sp**s?

Still think that we will play a few first teamers there. like Rosicky Fab etc..

That we will miss Toure is for sure always so much commitment in his game and also very trustable

KingReyes

Established Member
Burnley played well, they fought for everything and gave it a go. We on the other hand were rather arrogant with our play which could have cost us.

Wenger said prior to the game that the early rounds are always the hardest and today was a prime example.

Ed and Nik looked good up front. Great move between the two from the second goal.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
coach for Burnley is beint interviewed... praises his teams efforts, as well he should.. they played quite bravely today.... refused to criticize the ref too much.... fair play to him...

OneProudGooner

Established Member
Good games from Kolo, Phil (2nd half), , Gilberto, Eduardo and Sagna but we had to dig in with players not performing well Bendtner tried to make things happen but didn't have a good day, Diaby was terrible gave the ball away far too often, Eboue is a waste of space, Denilson showed some good moments but dwelled on the ball too often and his passing was off at times and Traore struggled.

Jkreffer

Established Member
mags said:
Dismal, disjointed game from Arsenal...Burnley played their hearts out...Unfortunately for them talent wins out...I just hope this performance is a blip on the screen....Our defense straightened itself out apart from Traore; Our midfield was terrible, and the strikers did well to score without service from the midfield....Don't want to see that foursome play together any time soon....

Probably against Sp**s this week, with Walcott in for Eboue.

arsmile

Established Member
Jens- 6.5- wasn’t tested, dealt with crosses, and showed good distribution

Sagna-7- did everything well

Toure-7.5- defended very well, and took over being mr captain

Senderos-7- did surprisingly well, considering he is him, was out-paced a couple of times, but- it’s not his fault he’s a bit slow…his speed is the main thing stopping me being altogether comfortable with him coming in for kolo- also, either he or galas willl have to play on their ‘wrong side’

Traore-5.5- vulnerable, got potential, but given that his best attribute is his speed going forward- he didn’t do it at all

Eboue-6- everything he does was brilliant except for his final ball today which was poor 100% of the time, and really- what does it matter what you do with the ball at your feet if you're just gonna loose it in the end...

Denilson-7- did a good solid job

Gilberto-6.5- looked a little rusty at the beginning, but settled down and did well

Diaby-4.5- he is beginning to make me think that his speciality is loosing the ball, the problem is with eboue and abou on the wings you’ve got magnificent athleticism, but no intelligence, unlike with hleb and rosicky- who are not quite as athletic but are smart and make the right decisions

Bendtner-7.5- scored, generally played well

Eduardo-8.5- scored one, made one…cant ask any more, my only worry is that he might be a bit predictable infront of goal, if I was the keeper I would just know he was going to open his body left and put the ball there, so you can just commit yourself that way- like kirarly did when they had the one-on-one, mind you, you could often say the same about henry-he would open his body up right and curl it in…..

Hoyte-6.5- did ok

Yeah, did a good job, they played well but we were solid enough in defence and just had the class upfront to finish them off

KingReyes

Established Member
This was never going to be easy. Premiership clubs getting knocked out and forced to replays this weekend proves that.

I'm just glad we've got the job done and are through to the next round.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member
Poor game from us and very well played from Burnley, who probably deserved a little more out of the game.

Our midfield simply did not work.Eboue was his usual useless wasteful self, as was Diaby, Denilson is not a CM and Gilberto was fine but doesn't offer us too much in offensive play.

Our strikers won us the game today.

Besides Traore, who very poor today, the rest of the defenders played good enough.

Jens wasn't really tested but I feel like he had a solid game and had everything under control,I really hope he stays although I know its very unlikely to happen.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom