• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cardiff vs Arsenal - Matching Ratings

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Fabianski 7
Sagna 6.5
Toure 6
Djourou 7
Gibbs 7
Eboue 4
Ramsey 5
Song 7
Nasri 6
RVP 7
Bendtner 6

Ade 6
Diaby 7
Wilshere N.A

TomasCR

Established Member
Fabianski 6.5

Sagna 6 Learn how to cross for god´s sake!
Touré 6
Djourou 6
Gibbs 6 The guy is gonna have some future at Arsenal.

Eboue N/A
Ramsey 5.5 A bit nervous, not the best move to give him a green from the beginning.
Song 6.5
Nasri 6 Should have scored.

RVP 7 Great spirit, was unlucky to not score.
Bendtner 6

Ade 6 Should have scored.
Diaby 5.5

go49oner

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Fabianski 7

RVP 6

Ade 6

Something is really wrong there, one person worked his socks off played big part in almost every chance we created while the other came on in last 10min and missed ****ing sitter.

progman07

Established Member
For me RvP was the MotM. Again. He worked very hard, he created chances alone, he had a few good shots, too.

TomasCR

Established Member
Could you just close your mouth and give us your ratings so we can start to be as clever as you? ;)

It´s always easy just to comment it, make your own! Can´t wait...

arsmile

Established Member
fab-6.5- did everything he could, but wasnt asked any big questions

sagna-5.5- crossing has got a lot worse since he joined us, also a couple of mistakes

toure-6- fine

djourou-6- fine

gibbs-6.5- quite good

eboue-5-average first half, gave up running about 10 minutes into the second

ramsey-4.5- scared, intimidated, wasnt up to it today

song-7- poor first half, very good second, particularly once he had diaby with him

nasri-5.5- not much form him

vanpersie-7- our only creative force really

bendtner-5.5- nothign up front, better during his 10mins on the wing

ade-6- looked like he was going to change the game, missed a sitter

diaby-8- ran the midfield with song

wilshere-should have been given more time to do something.

the phrase 'cutting edge' comes to mind, poor first half, good second- but there was no one willing to put it in the net.

True Gooner

Established Member
Fabianski 6.5

Sagna 6.5
Touré 6
Djourou 6.5
Gibbs 7

Eboue 4
Ramsey 4
Song 6.5
Nasri 6.5

RVP 7
Bendtner 6

Subs
Ade 6
Diaby 7
Wilshere N.A

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 5.5
Toure 5.5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 6.5
Song 6
Ramsey 4.5
Eboue 4.5
Nasri 5
van Persie 7
Bendtner 4

Diaby 6.5
Adebayor 4

progman07

Established Member
How come Diaby gets the same rating or higher than RvP, when he was on for only 25 mins, and even though he did well, RvP did much more overall.

Invincible

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Toure 6
Djourou 7
Gibbs 8
Sagna 6
Song 7
Ramsey 4
Eboue 5
Nasri 7
van Persie 6
Bendtner 6

Adebayor 6
Diaby 7
Wilshere N/A

ricky1985

Established Member
Fabianski - 7. Commanded his area well.

Sagna - 6. Crossing was awful, and defended poorly for the first 30 minutes. Put a bit more effort in after that.

Toure - 6. Crumbled under the early aerial assault from Cardiff, but handled them on the deck in the second half.

Djourou - 6. It should have been Johan challenging Boothroyd aerially in the first half, instead he left it to Song, and Song got slaughtered. Needs to show the same aggression that has characterised his game this season, in each and every game he plays.

Gibbs - 7. Handled the tricky Chris Burke really well. Put in one or two very dangerous crosses.

Eboue - I refuse to rate him. I genuinely feel sick at the prospect of him featuring further for us.

Ramsey - 3. Completely overawed by the intimidating atmosphere. Only just 18, but needs to develop more backbone if he's going to make it to the top.

Song - 7. Awful, truly awful in the first half. His brain doesn't work quick ebough to handle quick and relentless pressing from the opposition. He was lucky he was playing a Championship team, because they tired quickly, and he then got more time on the ball, and came into his own.

Nasri - 7. Needs more movement and passing options. Showed some great vision and neat touches, but flattered to decieve in the end.

Van Persie - 7. Some good passes, and some silly moments. Struggled to make things happen because of some of the mediocrity around him.

Bendtner - 7. Our best attacker by a mile in the first half, but like Nasri flattered to decieve in the end.

Subs

Diaby - 6. Some great driving runs, but no end product. He would have really struggled in the first half with Cardiff's fast pressing game.

Adebayor - 5. Some half decent link-up play, but he missed a complete sitter that would have taken us through. That miss is why some people can't stand him, for a top player it was woeful.

Wilshere - N/A.

progman07

Established Member
I think Ricky's ratings are the closest to the truth. Maybe give Bendtner and Nasri a 6 and it's fine.

General

Established Member
Fabianski – 6 Barely tested but commanded his area very well, especially during corner kicks. Confident, good distribution of the ball and and growing in stature.

Sagna- 6 Solid, albeit with little to no help from Eboue. One or two mistakes in the first half but otherwise solid.

Toure- 5.5 Too jittery with some shaky moments. Aerially Incompetent.

Djourou – 5.5 Indecisive at times but did ok.

Gibbs- 6. Stuck to the task.

Eboue – 4.5 Full of energy but clueless at times and plays with very little purpose. Actually, he's serving very little purpose in the team at the moment!

Ramsey – 4.5 Too nervous, too many Hollywood passes and inevitably had a very poor game

Song – 7 MOTM Solid and covered a lot of ground

Nasri – 6.5 Very involved albeit with little cutting edge. Should’ve buried the one chance in the first half

RVP – 6.5 Very involved too with some good link up play.

Bendtner – 6.5 Plenty of enthusiasm and worked his socks off. Also a bit indecisive at times.

SUBS

Jack – 6. little time to have impact but still a little genius at work. Picked out a sweet pass towards the end

Ade – 6 Caught on the fringes and dragged out wide to very little effect. Should’ve tested the keeper with that chance at least. Aerially dominant as usual.

Diaby – 6.5 Solid, albeit with a few misplaced passes. The midfield came alive once he came on.

Ketka

Fabianski - 6. Not really asked many questions.

Sagna - 6. Plenty of effort, not much return.

Toure - 7. Dodgy first 10 mins but after that very solid.

Djourou - 7. See for Toure above.

Gibbs - 7. Not the most skilled or experienced player on the field but one of the few that looked like he actually wanted to be there. Great attitude.

Eboue - 4. No flexibility and completely lacking confidence. Stuck to the right wing like a limpet (apart from when he got booked!) and was almost anonymous for much of the game. Said it all when Van Persie chose to pass to Bendtner over him after they got that break. I feel sorry for the guy, I really do.

Ramsey - 5. Shouldn't have played from the start. The Cardiff players wanted to make a point against him and he was slightly undone by the situation. Played it far too safe, which is why a lot of out moves kept breaking down.

Song - 6. All his best passes in the first half were to the opposition. Looked FAR more comfortable alongside Diaby and came into his own second half.

Nasri - 7. Only player in the first half (apart from Gibbs) that could be bothered. Was playing left-wing, central midfield, centre forward and striker at one point.

Van Persie - 6. Only truely world-class player on the pitch but was frustrated today.

Bendtner - 5. Shouldn't start games at this stage. Played better on the right-wing than as striker!

Subs:

Diaby - 7. Made an instant impact. Linked the midfield with attack well.

Adebayor - 6. Never really got into is stride.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Ketka said:
Eboue - 4. No flexibility and completely lacking confidence. Stuck to the right wing like a limpet (apart from when he got booked!) and was almost anonymous for much of the game. Said it all when Van Persie chose to pass to Bendtner over him after they got that break. I feel sorry for the guy, I really do.
Funny, I thought he was coming in too much at times. Not that it really matters, crap is crap. Oh, and I don't feel sorry for him at all. The booing I never agreed with, but I dare say even his mum must be tempted at this stage.

IBL

Established Member
Fab 6 - nervy start but settled

Sagna 5.5 - ok
Toure 5 - shaky first half but better second
Djourou 5 - ditto
Gibbs 7 - marshalled his left side well and got involved in attack

Eboue 3 - woeful even by his standards
Ramsey 5 - didnt even get going
Song 6 - dodgy first but controlled the mid in second with Diaby
Nasri 5.5 - some bright moments but overall anonymous

Bendtner 6.5 - solid game from him, got involved and worked hard
RvP 6 - full of effort but ineffective mostly

SUBS
Diaby 6 - came on and made a difference, commanding
Ade 5 - poor miss
Wilshere - n/a

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary
Top Bottom