• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cardiff vs Arsenal - Matching Ratings

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Fabianski: 6 - His positioning and timing wasn't good. He leaves too much space at the far post and rushes out even when he isn't supposed to. He had one or two REALLY good saves though, especially on the freekick at the end. He would have gotten a 5 otherwise.

Sagna: 5 - Didn't look secure today, something I think has to do with Song playing in the middle.

Touré: 5 - I think Kolo actually offered some spirit in defence. He had to work really hard for the best of the ninety minutes. The outcome wasn't so good unfortunately.

Djourou: 5 - The invisible man. Hoofed the ball away a couple of times but mostly back to the opposition. It didn't felt like he did much all game. He left Bothroyd to Song who failed heavily.

Gibbs: 7 - Best player on the pitch today. I think it was a great move to take a chance on him at leftback. I know people advocated for Gallas instead before the game but Gibbs showed a thing or two about the importance of playing players in their real position. Handled the pressure well and contributed to many of the positives in our game today. Those ninety minutes probably did his development a world of good as well.

Song: 4.5 - Instead of retaining the ball and distributing it through the middle he constantly carried it out towards the right flank and passed it two metres back so Sagna who then had to get rid of it in a stressed situation. He lost most headers and never took advantage of the spaces that were available on the counter. He's tough and offers some fight in the middle but he isn't of much use when he plays like this. Raised his game for a while in the second half but fell back into mediocracy at the end. His first full game back from a month of injury though so I'll cut him some slack.

Ramsey: 5 - Lost the physical battle in the middle, was too slow to release the ball and never showed off any of his ability to read the game. He actually challenged a lot but not with any good outcome. He probably started so Diaby could rest, but in hindsight it wasn't a good idea.

Nasri: 6.5 - Best midfielder for the day. He very rarely lost the ball and was the only one able to beat opponents man-to-man. Had to take a lot of responsibility when the central midfield disapperared. He should have scored on one of his chances though and took some time before he started to deliver.

Eboue: 4.5 - He is obviously not a right winger. I actually thought that he would improve this season after a hard first one where he was bad but nonetheless showed off some signs of ability. And initially this season it looked like he might, but instead he's been getting worse ever since the injury. We're handicapped with him in midfield right now. Not completely useless as some suggest, but he offers too little far too late.

van Persie: 6 - Not his best game lately. He tried a lot but rather than dictating tempo and creating mobility in the final third he lost the ball or saw his shots being blocked. He got intimidated by the Cardiff defence in the second half and for a while I was afraid that he was gonna do something ****ish like he did against Stoke.

Bendtner: 6.5 - Worked hard, won most challenges and actually positioned himself cleverly for as long as he played as a striker. Curiously drifted out left a lot of the time in the first half but it worked. Only player on the field showing off some vision today. He's often frustrating to watch, but at least you can take some comfort in the fact that most of the time there's actually a thought behind much of what he's doing.

Adebayor: 6 - Horrible, horrible miss. Let's hope that sitter doesn't come back to haunt him, because what he brought onto the field otherwise was good. People joked about us playing better as soon as Eboue went off but it was rather Ade who came on and gave us a little bit of better shape in the final third. He holds up the play well and very rarely misplaces a pass. He should have ****ing scored, though. Should have, should have, should have.

Diaby: 6 - Came on and started off horribly by giving Cardiff a chance from which they should have scored. He stood up to the physical challenge in the middle much better than Ramsey though and showed some decisiveness going forward. Defensively he was about as clueless as usual.

the dawn raids

Established Member
anyone who gives ramsey a higher score than song today clearly either has some secondary agenda or doesnt understand the concept of match ratings.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
anyone who gives ramsey a higher score than song today clearly either has some secondary agenda or doesnt understand the concept of match ratings.

Yup. I don't really like Song and I do like Ramsey, but that's ridiculous. Song had a good game, and young Aaron had a mare.

qs

Established Member
Fabianski 7 little to do, what he had to do he did well. Great distribution.
Sagna 5 His worst game in a long time, offered nothing going forward made a few msitakes at the back
Touré 5 Poor in the first half, ok in the second.
Djourou 5 like Toure had a bad start to the match, some good headers later on
Gibbs 7 I thought he was the only bright point of the match. Good in defence, was constantly coming to recieve the ball and provide passing options when we were in possession, looked good on the ball. Very impressed with him
Eboue 5 So infuriating to watch. Makes so many bad decisions its hard to understand. Ironically his best spell came right before he was subbed.
Ramsey 3 Looked lost out there, the Cardiff fans crucified him and it showed he was rattled. I feel sorry for him because he's alot better than he showed today.
Song 5 Dirt in the first half, better in the second. Still too slow mentally.
Nasri 5 made some good off the ball runs but was poor in possession. Still needs to sort his away form.
RVP 7 best player on the pitch. Always looked a class above.
Bendtner 6 tried hard but not much came off for him. He just lacks that bit of class that makes a great striker.

Ade 6 we were more dangerous when he came on and you can see how much he helped us but that miss was ridiculous.
Diaby 5 much like Eboue he'll do the first thing right then he'll do something stupid. He always looks like something great is about to happen just before he ****s it up. For a guy who has such natural ability to make space for himself he really should learn how to pass the ****ing ball.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
go49oner said:
Clrnc said:
Fabianski 7

RVP 6

Ade 6

Something is really wrong there, one person worked his socks off played big part in almost every chance we created while the other came on in last 10min and missed f****g sitter.
On second thoughts, maybe RVP deserved a 7, and Bendnter a 6

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Fabianski 6

Sagna 6.5
Touré 6
Djourou 6.5
Gibbs 7

Eboue 3
Ramsey 4
Song 6
Nasri 6

RVP 7
Bendtner 5

Subs
Ade 4
Diaby 6

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Fabianski - 7
Sagna - 6
Kolo - 5 - looked shakey sometimes, quite worrying
Djourou - 6
Gibbs - 6 - his turning is a bit slow
Ramsey - 5 - The Welsh didn't do some technical aspects correctly. That led to strayed passes and lost controls of bouncing balls in several occasions. Eboue didn't help as a passing option for Ramsey. The right channel was poor in most part of the game.
Song - 5
Eboue - 4 - The chane of this being his last season in Arsenal is getting bigger.
Nasri - 7 - One of the only two Arsenal players tried to create.
Robin - 7 - this is the other one.
Bendtner - 5 - wasteful.

Ade - 5 - He is a striker right?
Diaby - 5
Wishire - N/A

Wenger - 5 - Eboue should have been subbed in the early second half. Maybe the manager was thinking to maximise the usage of Eboue's stamina so that bench players like Denilson can have a longer breather. It turns out the team will have a shorter breather because of the replay.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
tactica442 said:
Eboue - 4 - The chane of this being his last season in Arsenal is getting bigger.

Sadly, this is probably far from the truth, more so if we're really giving him a new contract. Cant believe he looked dissapointed he came off, he should be grateful for any starts he's given.

Zico

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 5
Touré 5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 6
Song 6
Ramsey 3
Eboue 4
Nasri 6
van Persie 6
Bendtner 4

Diaby 5
Adebayor 5

Wenger 2

The ratings are generally low because we failed to unlock a lower division side with what was effectively a starting line-up given our current resources. Ramsey was the biggest disappointment given that he has looked useful in recent games. Wenger should have started a midfield (from right to left) of Ramsey, Diaby, Song, Nasri. Eboue is a liability. And what's happening with Vela? Is he a flop?

Zico

Established Member
True Gooner said:
quincy42 said:
And what's happening with Vela? Is he a flop?

Easy there son, Vela was ill and didn't make the bench.

Thanks for the update. I am just eager to see him. He's been playing top flight football for 3 seasons now, so I expect a little more from him.

General

Established Member
the dawn raids said:

QFT!

progman07

Established Member
quincy42 said:
True Gooner said:
quincy42 said:
And what's happening with Vela? Is he a flop?

Easy there son, Vela was ill and didn't make the bench.

Thanks for the update. I am just eager to see him. He's been playing top flight football for 3 seasons now, so I expect a little more from him.
Expect more from Wenger, he is the one who doesn't play him. You can't prove yourself without games.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
General said:
the dawn raids said:

QFT!
Yeah, I hate that stupid Song so much.

I thought both of them were useless. I'll happily lower my rating for Ramsey to a 3 instead if it makes anyone feel better. It still doesn't make Song's performance look any better.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Klaus Daimler said:
General said:
the dawn raids said:

QFT!
Yeah, I hate that stupid Song so much.

I thought both of them were useless. I'll happily lower my rating for Ramsey to a 3 instead if it makes anyone feel better. It still doesn't make Song's performance look any better.

I thought Song was very good today. Strong and determined on the ball, released good early balls FORWARD, and generally owned midfield in the 2nd half.

Diaby and Song should have been on from the start.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
Song looked okay in the second half once Cardiff started to run out of steam. He was terrible in the first half though and still disappeared at the end of the game. I really liked how he looked before his injury but today I think he was hampered by partly fitness issues, partly Ramsey. I agree that Diaby would have been a better player to pair him with.

Lukazan

Established Member
Fabianski 6
Sagna 5
Touré 5
Djourou 5
Gibbs 6
Eboue 3
Ramsey 3
Song 6
Nasri 6
RVP 7
Bendtner 6

Ade 4
Diaby 4
Wilshere N.A

James

Established Member
Fabianski 7
Sagna 5
Toure 5
Djourou 6
Gibbs 7
Eboue 4
Ramsey 4
Song 5
Nasri 6
Van Persie 7
Bendtner 5

asajoseph

Established Member
Fabianski - 6 - Seemed to do ok, but couldn't really tell how many of Cardiff's chances in the first half were due to him not controlling his box.

Sagna - 5 - Cardiff seemed to get in a fair few crosses from his wing (though he wasn't helped by Eboue), and his crossing was pretty poor.

Toure - 6 - Gave away quite a few chances to Cardiff in the first half, but seemed to settle as the game went on. We did a decent job of handling Bothroyd, who is not a bad player.

Djourou - 6 - Ditto, though also had the added bonus of being very comfortable and smart in posession.

Gibbs - 7 - Showed Cardiff the inside a little too easily on one occasion, but otherwise a very good game. Put in some great slide tackles, and one or two decent crosses as well.

Eboue - 4 - A couple of nice runs, but still has zero intelligence or ability to use the ball. Crap first touch, and mentally seems to be totally gone. Don't know if the 'dive' really was a dive, as I didn't get a good view and have seen no replays.

Ramsey - 4 - Played a fair few **** balls, and didn't add a great deal to our attacks. Gave it away too often, and struggled to pick out runners ahead of him.

Song - 5 - A good first half, tackled and pushed forward quite well, but also loses a mark for the number of insanely bad passes he made across our midfield, straight to Cardiff players.

Nasri - 6 - Missed probably our best chance, and was lively on occasion. Struggled to really make a huge impact though.

Bendtner - 5 - Undoubtedly the most hated man out there today, the amount of grief the guy gets is absurd. His performance today was a mixed bag. Carried the ball well at times, and won some good headers, but had the usual tendency of giving it away too much.

Van Persie - 7 - Our most dangerous player by a mile, went close with a good free kick, and gave Cardiff a lot of problems. Couldn't carve out too many opportunities for himself, but was the only one who successfully kept them no the back foot.

Diaby - 5 - Mixed bag, but same-old, same-old for Diaby. I think he's becoming a more mature player, but he doesn't make the most of his attacking gifts in the final third.

Adebayor - 5 - Ran a lot, but missed a good chance. Did a reasonable job of linking play, from what I could tell, but we should expect more.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom