• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carl Jenkinson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Re: Youngguns: Carl Jenkinson signs for Arsenal

ricky1985 said:
progman07 said:
(a bit more seriously: I don't see what our staff offers to young defenders, that means we should sign any - especially for 3m. Defenders need game-time and loads of specific training before they get good, we can offer neither. I'd rather we spent these 3m's on improved offers for the likes of Reina, Alonso and co.)
It's £1M, and are you actually being serious with the rest of that?

He's got rare technique for an Englishman, and even more so for a defender, he's tall, quick, can play all across the back four and as a holding midfielder (according to Young Guns), and is a die-hard Gooner. What's not to like?

He's Finnish apparently, has 3 caps under his belt for their U19.

Welcome here Carl.

ricky1985

Established Member

Beksl said:
ricky1985 said:
progman07 said:
(a bit more seriously: I don't see what our staff offers to young defenders, that means we should sign any - especially for 3m. Defenders need game-time and loads of specific training before they get good, we can offer neither. I'd rather we spent these 3m's on improved offers for the likes of Reina, Alonso and co.)
It's £1M, and are you actually being serious with the rest of that?

He's got rare technique for an Englishman, and even more so for a defender, he's tall, quick, can play all across the back four and as a holding midfielder (according to Young Guns), and is a die-hard Gooner. What's not to like?

Welcome here Carl.
He was born 20 miles from the stadium.

Kain

Established Member

We might need him on the left sooner than we think, with Clichy possibly making an exit this summer and Gibbs in the U21 squad who will no doubt miss the opening stages of the season, plus who even knows what’s going to happen with Traore?

That already leaves us short at left wingback. Vital we sort that particular position out in the upcoming summer transfer window.

Floating

Established Member

It's great that he can fill in all across the back 4, as well as in midfield. That's like 5 signings in one! :p

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

ricky1985 said:
Beksl said:
ricky1985 said:

Welcome here Carl.

I didn't say he was born in Finland..

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member

It's fine. Welcome to the club, Carl, if you've actually signed.

I can live with Eboue for a year or two more. Lets see if this guy can usurp Ebouenator in that period of time. A zero expectation signing, really, but the more the merrier.

ricky1985

Established Member

Beksl said:
ricky1985 said:
Beksl said:

Welcome here Carl.
So he's English!

His mother is from Finland, his father is from London. Hence the "he's got rare technique for an Englishman" comment.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Either way, there's little doubt he's the best Finnish-Englishman of his generation.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

ricky1985 said:
Beksl said:
ricky1985 said:
So he's English!

His mother is from Finland, his father is from London. Hence the "he's got rare technique for an Englishman" comment.

Man, you go straight on the offensive sometimes :)

ricky1985

Established Member

That explanation mark was meant to show I was only jesting, not shouting because I was angry. Bad habit I've picked up with all the explanation marks! :)

qs

Established Member

He used to be English, now he's Finnish ;)

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.

apparently the Finnish FA have confirmed that he has signed with us.. not sure how they would know before the rest of the world, but hey

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless

Will wait and see. He could be a Smalling plucked from nowhere to become a star or he could be another Hoyte, Gilbert or Nordviet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

One of the things I discovered in Japan was from watching sumo wrestling. At the end you can never tell who has won the fight, and who has lost, because they do not show their emotion because it could embarrass the loser. It is unbelievable. That is why I try to teach my team politeness. It is only here in England that everybody pokes their tongue out when they win.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom