• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Cuesta

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
A lot of people dismiss him as some young nepo baby who trained on FM. Not sure how seasoned pro at Norwich would take to him, don't think it'll work out for him. Would probably be better off going to somewhere in Spain or Italy where they'd be more open to him probably.

Though unless Arteta knows his dad or something, for someone with his CV I imagine he must have something to be hired for coaching roles at some of the clubs he's been at.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
A lot of people dismiss him as some young nepo baby who trained on FM. Not sure how seasoned pro at Norwich would take to him, don't think it'll work out for him. Would probably be better off going to somewhere in Spain or Italy where they'd be more open to him probably.

Though unless Arteta knows his dad or something, for someone with his CV I imagine he must have something to be hired for coaching roles at some of the clubs he's been at.
He was an unpaid intern at his former clubs, daddy paid entrance fees, hotels etc wherever he went. Literally bought and paid for his CV until Arteta went and gave him an actual job

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He was an unpaid intern at his former clubs, daddy paid entrance fees, hotels etc wherever he went. Literally bought and paid for his CV until Arteta went and gave him an actual job

Wonder where you got that info from, because it doesn't correlate with the stuff I've read like this Time article about him. Seems like an incredible driven individual who has worked tirelessly since his teenage years to realize his dream.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

This is hilarious btw he's 28. I'm very curious about how very young coaches who haven't managed anyone can get these jobs.

I could wrap my head around it if he was a former player for Nowich, retired early due to injury and was a caretaker manager who proved himself. I could be stuck in norms of old though, but I feel sorry for the older coaches grinding who can't even get an interview.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Wonder where you got that info from, because it doesn't correlate with the stuff I've read like this Time article about him. Seems like an incredible driven individual who has worked tirelessly since his teenage years to realize his dream.
Read it couple years ago but I wonder which article you're reading because what you're linking is pretty much stating exactly that? How do you think a 20 year old pays for his learning experience in Rome Granada Porto Turin etc?

That article is probably paid for by daddy as well, talking about "sources who were present at the interview" like who tf is going to remember him 😭

He studied handball and rugby, and wrote six articles for the Spanish magazine, The Tactical Room, in which he admired Diego Simeone’s leadership skills, marvelled at Guardiola’s attention to detail and quoted Charles Darwin and Groucho Marx.
“In football and in life there are two large groups of people,” he wrote. “Those who are closed, who believe that only one idea is valid and who criticise everything that is not what they believe, and then more open people, who believe that any idea is valid if it is well argued, a group in which I include myself.”
Juventus came first, offering Cuesta a role with the under-17s and under-23s after a memorable meeting between the young coach and the club’s directors. “They were about 40 or older and Carlos, who was 22, just sat with them talking about football,” says a source who was at the meeting. “As he was explaining things, more and more people just kept coming into the room to listen. As soon as he started talking, I knew they were going to offer him a job.”
And then everybody stood up and clapped :lol:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Read it couple years ago but I wonder which article you're reading because what you're linking is pretty much stating exactly that? How do you think a 20 year old pays for his learning experience in Rome Granada Porto Turin etc?

That article is probably paid for by daddy as well, talking about "sources who were present at the interview" like who tf is going to remember him 😭

Yeah there is a strong running theme of privilege and career engineering with a lot of these appointments.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is hilarious btw he's 28. I'm very curious about how very young coaches who haven't managed anyone can get these jobs.

I could wrap my head around it if he was a former player for Nowich, retired early due to injury and was a caretaker manager who proved himself. I could be stuck in norms of old though, but I feel sorry for the older coaches grinding who can't even get an interview.
So, Ben Knapper became Norwich DoF 3 months ago, and he joined from? Yep, Arsenal. So that’s the link here.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was listening to a podcast anyway, forgot which one, a lot of hiring managers, coaches, staff etc, is all about who you know. The old fashioned days of trying to impress in an interview are gone.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Yeah there is a strong running theme of privilege and career engineering with a lot of these appointments.
There's a reason why 20 something year olds don't get these positions, you have to grind first to get the necessary experience and ability and unless you're a freak of nature there's no cheating the grind. Obviously until you get daddy to pay for it.

That article is actually outrageous, reads like he's written his bio on LinkedIn. The bit about sending random coaches DMs on twitter asking to put the cones out :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That article is actually outrageous, reads like he's written his bio on LinkedIn. The bit about sending random coaches DMs on twitter asking to put the cones out :lol:

Honestly thought that was some LinkedIn parody account.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

Sure it's a fluff piece to some extent, but I haven't ready anything that suggests this guy is a hype job who is only successful because of his dads influence or something. Just seems weird to take such an extremely negative stance one someone who seems incredibly highly rated by his peers, is well-liked by the players etc.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Was listening to a podcast anyway, forgot which one, a lot of hiring managers, coaches, staff etc, is all about who you know. The old fashioned days of trying to impress in an interview are gone.

Always has been, at least for coaches. Managers still interview unless you're some big in demand name.

Didn't Emery literally get the job at Arsenal because he impressed in an interview? Feel like I remember reading stories about how Arteta(?) was close to getting the job but Emery impressed Gazidis in an interview or something, might be wrong.

Arsenal Quotes

My first ever football memory was Charlie George's double winning goal in 71. After that game; I just became an Arsenal fan.

Paul Davis

Latest posts

Top Bottom