• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carlos Cuesta

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

That article is actually outrageous, reads like he's written his bio on LinkedIn.

Yeah just glance read that article and it's a joke and should not be used as a reference for his credentials. It reads like a lot of the early Arteta stuff until he started getting results and leaned on these less with time.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Sure it's a fluff piece to some extent, but I haven't ready anything that suggests this guy is a hype job who is only successful because of his dads influence or something. Just seems weird to take such an extremely negative stance one someone who seems incredibly highly rated by his peers, is well-liked by the players etc.
I explained my "extremely" negative stance, he might have even learned something on the job but the way he initially got it was he just had his parents pay for it. Might be something that is considered incredibly driven and a sign of tireless work ethic for others, I don't know.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
He's a people guy right? Soft skills stuff that Arteta isn't good at. Has his role but should be a job a lot of people can do
Thats the impression i got from all or nothing, he was the relatable guy of a similar age to the players that they could get support from ie he provided encouragement, an arm over the shoulder and they could tallk to him on an individual level. Balance out Arteta's auspbergers and ensure they didnt feel they were part of an AI simulation.

That doesnt mean it was his only skill set though. He obviously needs more. Interesting to see how he goes if he gets it.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
So, Ben Knapper became Norwich DoF 3 months ago, and he joined from? Yep, Arsenal. So that’s the link here.
Also just 36, at least this guy worked as an analyst for the club for years. Not sure getting our loan manager in to be DoF is a good call though given how awful our loans went mostly.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
I explained my "extremely" negative stance, he might have even learned something on the job but the way he initially got it was he just had his parents pay for it. Might be something that is considered incredibly driven and a sign of tireless work ethic for others, I don't know.

Considering he's respected by the likes of Pep, Emery and Arteta I'd say he knows his stuff? Several players have also spoken highly of him.

And yeah the world isn't fair but I think it's ridiculous to discredit every person who has gotten their education paid for by their parents. The only reason to bring it up in the first place is obviously to chip away at the person's credibility.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
If he was a chequebook manager, his thread could be called Carlos Cuantos Cuesta.

Thanks for ruining my morning. I was feeling good about that joke because you'd need an understanding of Portunhol to get it.

You just had to go and one up me.

• Funny
Reactions: A_G

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Always has been, at least for coaches. Managers still interview unless you're some big in demand name.

Didn't Emery literally get the job at Arsenal because he impressed in an interview? Feel like I remember reading stories about how Arteta(?) was close to getting the job but Emery impressed Gazidis in an interview or something, might be wrong.

Emery was brought to the table by Raul and an specific agent, if memory serves.

He wasn't even on the picture until the 11th hour.

was it him that supposedly came prepared with a plan/dossier for every single player?

Given how things panned out, the interview angle was PR fluff.

Can't follow up replacing your greatest manager ever with "well, you know, we had mates in common".

GDeep™

League is very weak
Always has been, at least for coaches. Managers still interview unless you're some big in demand name.

Didn't Emery literally get the job at Arsenal because he impressed in an interview? Feel like I remember reading stories about how Arteta(?) was close to getting the job but Emery impressed Gazidis in an interview or something, might be wrong.
As fair I thought, it was the opposite, Emery got the job because of his Raul Sanhelli link.

Arteta turned the job down when he was first offered it.

Stories get mixed up after all these years, so I could be wrong.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
was it him that supposedly came prepared with a plan/dossier for every single player?
Yeah, he gave a PowerPoint presentation on that and how he’d build around Auba and Ramsey. Good thing we revoked a contract offer from the latter.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Considering he's respected by the likes of Pep, Emery and Arteta I'd say he knows his stuff? Several players have also spoken highly of him.
Not much of an argument considering it can be said about anyone in a job. Impossible to find a coach in the PL who doesn't have some player or manager speaking highly of in interviews.

I even said before I don't know enough about his work to rate it properly, only thing we know is how he got the job.
And yeah the world isn't fair but I think it's ridiculous to discredit every person who has gotten their education paid for by their parents. The only reason to bring it up in the first place is obviously to chip away at the person's credibility.
Where the hell did I discredit every person who got their education paid by their parents? :lol: there's a difference between sending your kids to some private school or being a grown up uni graduate who has daddy buy them work experience for their CV.

Don't even need to chip away, there would be literally no credibility to chip away at if it weren't for his parents money.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

He may be talented. But talent alone is not gonna work. 28 year old managing a championship club is just not gonna work. Norwich used 8 players who are 28 or more in last game. He is coming in to a team full of older players

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
He may be talented. But talent alone is not gonna work. 28 year old managing a championship club is just not gonna work. Norwich used 8 players who are 28 or more in last game. He is coming in to a team full of older players

I mean, WIll Still is doing quite well managing a Ligue 1 side at 31, been there for two years now. It's not that crazy in the grand scheme of things.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I mean, WIll Still is doing quite well managing a Ligue 1 side at 31, been there for two years now. It's not that crazy in the grand scheme of things.
Will Still already worked with the first team and had relationship with the players. Not some 28 year old dude coming in from nowhere. I just don’t think he will get the chance to establish that relationship. It is crazy decision imo. Championship is a very tough league and Norwich don’t have much money.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom