• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CC - Arsenal v Wigan Athletic - Tue 30 Nov - 7:45 pm | ATVO

GDeep™

League is very weak
Would be great to see our young lads, Chesney, Gibbs, Wilshere etc play at Wembley and hopefully get a trophy so early in their careers.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Y va marquer said:
United and Chelsea were definitely happy to win it.
Sp**s celebrated like they'd won the CL.

A trophy is a trophy. We are competing for everything else aswell, about time we tried to rack up some domestic trophies on the side.

If we win I wonder will the press move onto Liverpool's trophy drought which is almost as bad as ours.....2006 since they last won anything and that's gonna continue this year. Yet I never hear about this in the media.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Anyway, let's win the damn thing first.

We'll smash Ipswich.....potentially tricky final though.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
fabo said:
Y va marquer said:
United and Chelsea were definitely happy to win it.
Sp**s celebrated like they'd won the CL.

A trophy is a trophy. We are competing for everything else aswell, about time we tried to rack up some domestic trophies on the side.

If we win I wonder will the press move onto Liverpool's trophy drought which is almost as bad as ours.....2006 since they last won anything and that's gonna continue this year. Yet I never hear about this in the media.

Because if they have to make a negative story on Liverpool, trophy drought wouldn't rank very high on their list of problems.

It's the "trophy of qualifying for the Champions League" which, in the real terms, is much more important than a CC or an FA cup, regardless of how much Wenger is derided for saying this out loud.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
thegame24 said:
Please dont celebrate this trophy (if we **** this up we really are ****) like the yids would or claim that we finally won something.

By all means be happy but hope it leads to a winning mentality for the league run in.

So if we win it we are damned and if we lose it we are doubly damned....hmmmmm. Poor us. We can't have it both ways where we say we have to win something and then if we do,we say "well it was only the Carling Cup". It is of vital importance for this squad to win a trophy-any trophy to develop that winning feeling. Should we win then hopefully the feelgood factor would be a platform to greater success in the league and the CL & the FA Cup.

This team needs to win a trophy, full stop! The league cup was GG's 1st trophy and laid the foundation for his league successes a few years later. The League cup was Ferguson's 1st trophy and saved him the sack-the rest is history. We now have a great opportunity to win this Cup so lets hope the lads make us proud and get us back on the trophy trail.

thegame24

Established Member
That is what will happen though because it really is only the carling cup.

Im just hoping it pushes us for the title.

ThaSaltCracka

If we win this it will help the squads morale a ton, but aside from that I don't see much else to get worked up about. Well except that now we have zero excuse to not win this. The CC doesn't validate the past 5 years, clearly, but its a good indication that the squad is deeper, especially if we keep up with the league and (hopefully) move on in the CL.

mo50

Established Member
This is the perfect chance for this squad to finally win something. It'll be a great confidence boost more than anything. United and Chelsea weren't complaining when they won it.

Hopefully we'll smash Roy Keane's side in the first leg. The last thing we want is for them to come to the Emirates and defend a one goal lead like their lives depend on it.

Gunner_JT

Not getting excited at all, part of me wants to but we still need to get the job done and who knows how this Ipswich team will play against us.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom