• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Champions League : Roma vs Arsenal, Second Leg. 11/03/09

kanooo

Well, this is a game where no Arsenal fan will boo the team if the game finishes 0-0 and I'm hoping and thinking that this could be a nil-nil.

We are abosolute piss in the Premier League so I hope the boys give their absoulte best here.

Hope Eduardo is back very soon as well.

TomasCR

Established Member
Had two dreams last night, which one of them was about this game. Not that it would make sense, but I´ve decided to post it on here, there is a chance I´ve seen the future after all. ;)

We lost the game 5:3 and I remember how some of our players were sitting on the pitch and crying after the game, but surely if we scored 3 goals there and they 5, wouldn´t it mean that´s Arsenal who should go through?

I don´t know the details of the game but Walcott scored, Diaby scored and Kral (Kral!?) scored for us. The last thing I remember is that they scored the third goal from a penalty and it was Almunia´s mistake, really naive. Their player had no space to do something with the ball and Almunia threw himself under his legs, absolutely useless if you ask me, he gave them a goal for nothing, strange that!

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
TomasCR said:
We lost the game 5:3 and I remember how some of our players were sitting on the pitch and crying after the game, but surely if we scored 3 goals there and they 5, wouldn´t it mean that´s Arsenal who should go through?
No. Unless we won 2-0 in another dream of yours.

TomasCR

Established Member
If Bendtner, RvP, Eduardo and even Arshavin can surrvive the Sunday´s game without getting injured, Walcott will certainly NOT play upfront.

But Anthony, I thought that if you score one goal on the pitch of an opponent in the CL, it counts as if you scored 2 so 5:3 for them would mean 5:6 for us, no?

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
TomasCR said:
But Anthony, I thought that if you score one goal on the pitch of an opponent in the CL, it counts as if you scored 2 so 5:3 for them would mean 5:6 for us, no?
Uh-huh. Give yourself a pinch, Tomas.

TomasCR

Established Member
:lol:

Done, but... If it was 4:3 for them, we go to the next stage, right.

Ok, need some fresh air.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
TomasCR said:
What are you talking about? :lol:

I think the ideal formation for this one, injuries and possible comebacks considered, would be Walcott and Nasri on the wings, Diaby and Denilson centrally and Robin and Eduardo up front. Providing we wanna score a couple of goals, that is. We'll probably start with a five-man midfield though containing all of the three stooges and Nasri and Robin with a lone striker up front - probably Bendtner - to give it some shape.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Tricky game, all i hope is that our team will attack wisely, and not defend the whole match, a Ac Milan peformance sounds nice.

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
AS Roma midfielder Simone Perrotta is likely to miss the return leg of their last 16 Champions League tie against Arsenal after suffering a hip injury in training.

The Serie A club said on its website (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.asroma.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.asroma.it</a>) the Italy player's recovery time will be assessed in the next few days but local media reported he risks missing up to two months.

Roma host Arsenal on March 11 after losing the first leg in 1-0 in London on Tuesday.
<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballNews/idUKLR856420090227?rpc=401&" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.reuters.com/article/footballN ... 7?rpc=401&</a>

Meh. I've always found Perrotta massively overrated. I've never seen him have a great or influential game :?

Feet

Klaus Daimler said:
TomasCR said:

Someone needs to read up on the away goals rule. :p

Rahul

I'd play with the same formation that we used at home i.e. 4-2-3-1 but with Walcott in for Eboue.The team would then look like -

ALMUNIA

SAGNA KOLO GALLAS CLICHY

DENILSON DIABY

WALLCOT NASRI BENDTNER

RVP

that should do the trick for me.

marco

**** me we are skint!!
i just got a tx message about roma...in 1 tx!! 160 characters! classic

getting worried about the alcohol ban in rome on the day...
remember turin had the same thing the other year but i had no problem getting it?
did we have it in milan too?? cos i know we were all drinking then??
any help would be appreciated!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Feet said:
Klaus Daimler said:
TomasCR said:

Someone needs to read up on the away goals rule. :p

I still struggle to understand how the away goals rule can cause such confusion. It's not like it's only just come in, is it?

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
True that.

The bloody Liverpool game last year... the stadium was rocking when we went 1-0 up and then that ****ing golden retriever, TommyfromTrainspottingalike scored that goal and..

:(

A_Gooner_Matata

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
True that.

The bloody Liverpool game last year... the stadium was rocking when we went 1-0 up and then that ****ing golden retriever, TommyfromTrainspottingalike scored that goal and..

:(

:( Please no - I want to enjoy my Friday!

True Gooner

Established Member
Shame Adebayor's out, we could have used his presence to lump up the ball. Still, if we get them on the counter Eduardo will destroy them. :twisted:

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom