• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea FC: Carabottlejobs

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
While surely this must be fake news, it might not be the worst idea ever. Steve Kerr embraces ball movement, modern statistics, and has vast experience coaching big egos making insane amounts of money. With appropriate assistants, he might do better than some other recent Chelsea appointments.
low bar to be fair.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
While surely this must be fake news, it might not be the worst idea ever. Steve Kerr embraces ball movement, modern statistics, and has vast experience coaching big egos making insane amounts of money. With appropriate assistants, he might do better than some other recent Chelsea appointments.
Screenshot-20240307-093711.png

This you?

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

What does this mean @Gooner Zig

Nothing good for Chelsea.

Tweet says they added £455m in amortization after June 30th; I don't quite know how to verify that but (assuming it's true) effectively they're adding another £450m+ in expenses to their P&L...errr lol, how the **** are they going to offset that in revenues?

They're in a spot of bother with their huge contracts and FFP constraints. They'll have to sell quite a bit of talent.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Tweet says they added £455m in amortization after June 30th; I don't quite know how to verify that but (assuming it's true) effectively they're adding another £450m+ in expenses to their P&L...errr lol, how the **** are they going to offset that in revenues?

They're in a spot of bother with their huge contracts and FFP constraints. They'll have to sell quite a bit of talent.

This Guardian article is jokes

The state of it ffs…

Say they sold Moisés Caicedo next summer for the £100m they paid for him: yes, they would reduce costs from his amortisation and wages, but his eight-year contract means the profit would only be £100m minus his book value which, with seven of the eight years of his contract remaining would be £87.5m: that is, £12.5m.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They'll likely sell few more of their young players Gallagher Chalobah Borja etc.. to make the loses up but the problem they investing heavily and failing

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Just thinking about this number (the quoted £455m in amortization) - that's not right; it can't be.

If you assume every player is signed at a 5 year deal that would mean £455m * 5 = £2,275m in player registrations (i.e., signings). That's not correct. £455m must be player registrations which would equate to an additional £91m amortization per year.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Just thinking about this number (the quoted £455m in amortization) - that's not right; it can't be.

If you assume every player is signed at a 5 year deal that would mean £455m * 5 = £2,275m in player registrations (i.e., signings). That's not correct. £455m must be player registrations which would equate to an additional £91m amortization per year.

I've confirmed it's additional player registrations

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Shedends Mudryk thread:

Should have been moved on last summer.
Ali Dia got 1 game at Southampton.
Mudryk is one of the least talented players to ever play top flight football but because he's fast we'll waste a squad spot on him for years to come. will never be good enough to be a squad player for any team at PL level.

Did anyone else notice that at one point yesterday in/near the penalty area Mudryk chased a long ball and caught up with and got between the defender and the ball and the defender just stepped aside and in an instant the defender was now between Mudryk and the ball and cleared it. He is beyond useless.
I think the poor fella needs to be moved on to save him from himself. Can’t be good for his mental health. He gets pelters every time he plays and there has been no improvement at all.

He is what I would expect from a talented youngster from the academy at 18/19. He is basically Hudson-Odoi aged 17. In fact, I would say CHO at 17 was better than current Mudryk. Unfortunately, he's what, 23? He's not really a youngster any more. He should have the basics like first touch and vision pretty much down by now.
Chelsea fan TV had someone on saying that Mudryk is going to be loaned out in the summer.
Probably to try and raise his value in Germany and Portugal I would guess. Or maybe we shift him to Strasbourg lol.
Him loaned and Noni sold I reckon.
Is impossible for us to break even on Mudryks FFP so a loan makes more sense.
For Noni our break even would be 23.8mill, getting closer to that is possible, if the owners can make Poch play him and he has a few more Luton away games.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

They've literally fallen off a cliff now Abramovic has gone.. :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom