• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea - Monaco CL Semi final 2nd Leg

brianfrance

Established Member
Well
Tomorrow, the big night for French football and for Ranieri's head (if it's not already cut!)
At this moment, most important info :
"Toto" Squilacci, the great CB of Monaco is come back for a 3 moth injury. A great player, on the French first league best XI award.
Rothen will surely not play, injured. Only 10% to play. Bad news. Jaroslav Plasil will certainly play at Left mildfield, as he did on the last Monaco game in France. But he's a defensive mildfielder usually, and he cannot play 90 minutes...Prso 70% to play (Deschamps said). Not so bad news as Nonda who came back from a 10 moth injury is in great form, and Adebayor can be a good sub.

In Chelsea, Gallas is not certain to play. If he don't play, will certainly see a CB Huth-Terry, which is pretty good for Morientes and Giuly.

If you got any news please post here

JazzG

Established Member
Seems like Gallas is fit and will play this match.

Hope Rothen is fit enough to play this match, they need him.

brianfrance

Established Member
Latest news doesn't go on the good way about Rothen, s**t.
But for Gallas, I really hope he'll not play !!

skart14

Damn...rothen really played well against chelski...its best that they win **** all, that would teach that russian jackass.

Mark

Established Member
I think Chelsea will go 2-0 up and they will look to be cruising into the final, but then Monaco will pull one back late on and go through.

If Chelski won the CL I'd be bloody upset. Monaco must not let them win, they have a couple of injury worries which isn't good.

Is the game going to be on Sky?

Ally

Don't see Monaco not scoring.

Touch wood.

Tight tie this, I'm predicting a Monaco win but certainly not by much.

visitor99

I think the Chelsea team will be:

Crespo Gudjohnsen
Cole Lampard Geremi Gronkjaer
Bridge Gallas Terry Johnson
Cuducini

Ranieri has as much said Cole will start.

Geremi looks like getting the central midfield role ahead of Parker. When it was known Makalele would be out Parker was given a game in his spot and didn't do so well. Geremi played there against the Saints and did much better.

Gronkjaer has actually just played too great games in a row. Against Southhampton and for Denmark he was beating defenders and delivering bullit like crosses right where they should be going. Not like him at all, really. Could three top games in a row be too much? The opposition is a much higher standard. Ranieri explained his substitution of Veron for Gronkjaer in the first leg as Evra had Gronkjaer's measure (he used nicer words, but that was his message).

Right back is a problem position. The options are:
- Play Melchiot, who has been poor recently;
- Play Gallas at RB and bring in the inexperienced Huth at CB
- Play Johnson who is only just coming back from injury, having played around 15 minutes in the last 9 weeks.
All options are a gamble. I'd go with Johnson.

Chelsea without Duff have been toothless. I'd settle for 1-0 (which I think ties it up with the away goal from the first leg) and take my chances in extra time.

quattro

visitor99 said:
I'd settle for 1-0 (which I think ties it up with the away goal from the first leg) and take my chances in extra time.
1-0 is not enough to see chelsea through as that will only amount to an aggregate of 3-2 in monaco's favor regardless of away goal.

brianfrance

Established Member
The main thing for Monaco is to score at least 1 goal. If they do, they have one leg at Gelsenkirshen (not sure about the name lol)

But if they place a defensive game, this is not their style, they'll be in danger. The style is very offensive (8-3 against la corogne is not nothing).

Many possibility :

Roma
Ibarra-Rodriguez-Squilacci(or Givet)-Evra
Cissé-Bernardi-Plasil
Giuly
Morientes-Nonda

Roma
Ibarra-Rodriguez-Squilacci(or Givet)-Evra
Cissé-Bernardi
Giuly-Plasil
Morientes-Nonda

Plasil at offensive mildfield can be very dangerous, as he's a defensive as I said. And he's nooot strong at all. Against Geremi & co the difference will be clear.

Roma
Ibarra-Rodriguez-Squilacci-Givet
Cissé-Evra
Giuly-Bernardi
Morientes-Nonda

Strange, but may happen.

Roma
Kolo-Sol-Squilacci-Evra
PV4-Gilberto
Giuly-Bobby
Morientes-Titi

Oh I'm tired :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aussie

Established Member
Monaco should be able to score at least one. Hopefully its 2-0 to Chelski and then Monaco score in the last minute.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Much as I'd like to support a British team in europe....

COME ON MONACO!!

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Latest posts

Top Bottom