• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea v Man utd

JazzG

Established Member
If man utd had shown abit of charactor earlier on they would of won this match, at the end Chelsea were holding on for dear life but Man utd left it too late.

Lets hope they show abit more fight in the league game....

Canuck

Established Member
Just saw the highlights. Neither team looked overly impressive. Nice goal by Giggs to keep ManUre in touch though. Duff's free-kick was hilarious. How often does that happen?
:lol:

kanuuu

Established Member
Chelsea were always going to win though, boring bastards. I'm still hoping the socusers can turn them over.

A

Anonymous

I really though Chelsea were very lucky, Duff's goal shouldn't have stood actually. Was an indirect free-kick if I remember correctly, and it went straight through. United should have also had a pen earlier on. Oh well. Let's keep our eyes on our games now.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
United ultimately didn't get much tempo to their game. They lack the rhythm they had 2-3 seasons ago, and they're a bit more stilted in attack, especially when Ruud's out. The reason we rarely beat them is because they play a stop-start game with alot fouls, denying us the chance to get into gear, because once that happens, we would crucify them. And JazzG, the reason we had Chelsea all over the shop at Highbury and in the past is because we attacked them at a high tempo, and because Chelsea play a clean game (credit to them), they're more likely to be beaten by us than United are. That's my take on it.

I still think Highbury was the closest Chelsea came to being beaten since they lost to Ciddy. We'll give them their final title test at the Bridge, as I think we've now seen that Chelsea's tactics will see them through when they play at OT.

Sammer

Established Member
coolcool2 said:
I really though Chelsea were very lucky, Duff's goal shouldn't have stood actually. Was an indirect free-kick if I remember correctly, and it went straight through. United should have also had a pen earlier on. Oh well. Let's keep our eyes on our games now.

I disagree with you here a bit, coolcool2.

Even though ManU showed some good efforts, they were more or less harmless and not able to cause the Chelsea defense much trouble.

On the other hand, Chelsea looked rock solid in defense and was always threatening to score whenever they counter-attacked.

They are incredibly effective with their style of play and looked the better side to me. They double marked Giggs and Ronaldo effectively and took them out basically.
What really is amazing is the defending effort of all Chelsea players on the pitch: I remember Duff and Robben rushing back many times and helping out, especially Duff.

Yes, I hate their non-attacking security-play too, but in the end it will win them titles. Potentially four this season :shock:

MightyArsenal

I dont think they will win the FA cup or champions league, not if we are in both comps. An inform Vieira will have Fat Frank in his pocket and the rest of the chelski midfield crying.

Mark

Established Member
Chelsea have won the Carling Cup already. I don't see Liverpool doing anything to them in the final. The only big games they play well in seem to be against us.

Arsenal Quotes

I always wanted to play in English football and Arsenal and Highbury IS English football to me.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom