• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chinedu Obasi

Nisty

I don't know - there is something fishy about this transfer.. Maybe Arsènes invisble handing is guiding him towards Arsenal.. Skysports rumours seem to be supporting this.. And in the videos he looks good - have u got more? Saw the lyn vs. brann - god damn he has a good technique - and with his speed.. He could be something very, very special

BeijingGunner

Why oh why would Edu go to Wigan? Maybe he wants to play alonside Emile or Henri Camara, those well rounded and abundantly gifted players. Or, possibly the allure of Denny Landzaat and Kevin Kilbane's assist play is enough to attract any starlet to a pitch also used for Rugby League.

Oh another note, how come Edu is valued at the same amount as Nathan Ellington? This shows once again that English players are ridiculously overpriced

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
LMAO, gone to Wigan?! :lol:

Bit of a stepdown.

Though it appears at the moment at least it's just a loan deal. Then the option to sign him after a few weeks.

asajoseph

Established Member
Oh another note, how come Edu is valued at the same amount as Nathan Ellington? This shows once again that English players are ridiculously overpriced

Wait until he actually achieves something before calling him a bargain - there are plenty of expensive foreign flops out there.

Amadeor

When a talent like that joins a club like Wigan, you know something stinks. Remember that John ****tu is the same agent that got young Obi Wan Kenobi to Chelsea, with death threats involved. The guy is very very shady imo.

IMO, he'll probably be the reason why the transfer to Moscow failed. It seemed to go ok upto the very last moment, and then it collapsed. Probably because ****tu put his "personal demands" on the table.

BeijingGunner

asajoseph said:

Wait until he actually achieves something before calling him a bargain - there are plenty of expensive foreign flops out there.

You make a valid point. However, what exactly has Nathan Ellington achieved? He has banged in the goals in the Championship and League 1, while Edu has been scoring for fun in Norway's top division. Ellington has hardly set the world alight when playing Premiership football, while Edu is younger and hasn't had a chance yet. If I had £3m to spend on one of the two, I know whom I'd go for. Think about it, Edu has a greater resale potential and more athletic ability than Ellington. Edu is also younger and more time to improve.

Amadeor

You make a valid point. However, what exactly has Nathan Ellington achieved? He has banged in the goals in the Championship and League 1, while Edu has been scoring for fun in Norway's top division. Ellington has hardly set the world alight when playing Premiership football, while Edu is younger and hasn't had a chance yet. If I had £3m to spend on one of the two, I know whom I'd go for. Think about it, Edu has a greater resale potential and more athletic ability than Ellington. Edu is also younger and more time to improve.

Between a player that has a chance of becoming a top player and a player that hasn't got that chance but is a dead cert to become almost good enough for the Prem eventually, I'd know who to go for.

asajoseph

Established Member
Amadeor said:

Between a player that has a chance of becoming a top player and a player that hasn't got that chance but is a dead cert to become almost good enough for the Prem eventually, I'd know who to go for.

Perhaps, but this isn't you we're talking about, or Arsenal: it's Wigan. They don't have the money or the existing strength to take massive gambles on players like Edu, when they could get someone like Ellington for the same price. Edu might have more talent (for all I know, he might be the next Pele), but over the next few months I know who I'd bet on to score more goals.

For Wigan, Ellington WOULD be the better option at this stage.

Grampus_Eight

asajoseph said:
Amadeor said:

Perhaps, but this isn't you we're talking about, or Arsenal: it's Wigan. They don't have the money or the existing strength to take massive gambles on players like Edu, when they could get someone like Ellington for the same price. Edu might have more talent (for all I know, he might be the next Pele), but over the next few months I know who I'd bet on to score more goals.

For Wigan, Ellington WOULD be the better option at this stage.

I think Wigan may well agree with you. Portsmouth now in the mix. A move there could make some sense especially with Kanu around, but have my doubts as to whether they have the funds to make this happen. Even though he works hard and offers a good amount to their side - the paid over the odds for Benjani and might be gun sky.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom