• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chinedu Obasi

Arsenalguru

_40857514_obiogbukebala203.jpg

Ogbuke Chinedu "EDU", Obi Mikel, and Ezekiel "Bala"

chinedu_ogbuke_261259c.jpg

asajoseph

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
was actually at the game on sunday, when tromsoe played at home to lyn. lyn won 2-1 and edu scored both goals.

as for edu, i think he's a very promising player. quick and his close control is very good, but what really impressed me was his movement off the ball and what a well rounded player he is. he knows when to pass the ball and when to dribble. he knows how to take advantage of his pace and get in behind the back four. cool and composed in front of goal and a good finisher.he links up with others very well too.

i don't knowif he's good enough for arsenal, but he is a very talented player. better than mikel for example...

Eh? Really? Better than Mikel? Have only seen him once or twice, but he's looked fairly good, so that seems like more than faint praise...

Anyway, suspect this is probably agent-speak for now, but we'll see...

We are expected to bid for 'Edu'

Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke (born 1st June 1986) is a Nigerian footballer who plays for Lyn.

"Edu", as he is also known in Norway, came to Norway at the same time as his countryman Mikel, but it is not considered that Chinedu has the same huge potential. In June 2005 he was also linked with a move to Chelsea, but was loaned to the Belgian club Westerlo for a time first. Chinedu impressed in the Under-20 World Championships in Holland in the summer of 2005, and scored both in the semi-final and the final, (which Nigeria lost to Argentina). It is unknown what the future holds for the career of the Nigerians at Lyn. "Edu" ha currently (08.19.06) scored three beautiful goals in 412 minutes and is considered as one of the best strikers in the Norwegian Tippeligaen (Norwegian PL)

On August 14, 2006, it was reported in UK newspaper The Times that Arsenal were interested in signing Ogbuke.

Well it seems we will go for him in January.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... uke+offers

F_Henry

This better be a joke!

I heard we were interested in Huntelaar also. :? . WE DON'T NEED ANOTHER FORWARD!! If we buy him, we can forget about keeping Bendtner, Lupoli and Aliaderie.

Our squad has enough depth upfront.

If we're to get another forward- It should be an established name to take some pressure off Henry, Someone like Torres or Trezeguet.. The last thing our youngsters need is another 19-20 year old to compete with.

sadistic

well i feel wengers gonna buy or atleast try hard to buy him,coz IMO i think wenger is tryin to bring in his old team back or ppl hu remind him of his old players...for eg,
the players we have
-----------------------------------------
the players we were linked to
he sounds good though...buh im surprised wenger is intrested in him, wenger isnt usually intrested in a player unless theyre 13 :p

yankeegooner

There was another thread on this topic at the end of the summer window, I think.

One of those "all-knowing" posters like Legend or somebody said he was a done deal for January.

We should see if we can set this Lyn club as a feeder, our new Bevern. This is the same club that Obi Mikel came from yes?

zuberi

sadistic said:
well i feel wengers gonna buy or atleast try hard to buy him,coz IMO i think wenger is tryin to bring in his old team back or people hu remind him of his old players...for eg,
the players we have
-----------------------------------------
the players we were linked to
he sounds good though...buh im surprised wenger is intrested in him, wenger isnt usually intrested in a player unless theyre 13 :p

or good looking :p

KingReyes

Established Member
There must be something special about him if the big teams as claimed are interested in him.

What I want to know is, where are we going to fit in all these strikers if he actually did sign?

11vanpersie

great video of him, some of those goals were really fantastic! i know its not the best league but they were still good!

and he talks english and he seems mature! i think we should sign him and maybe he could make a good winger, him on one side and theo on the other in the future maybe in a 4 3 3 formation (drools)

Don Pacifico

Established Member
Arsenal want to sign Nigerian striker Chinedu Ogbuke for £2m from Norwegian side Lyn Oslo. (News of the World)

...I'll believe it when I see it, I refuse to believe anything the NOTW says.

lazyfreak

Don Pacifico said:
Arsenal want to sign Nigerian striker Chinedu Ogbuke for £2m from Norwegian side Lyn Oslo. (News of the World)

...I'll believe it when I see it, I refuse to believe anything the NOTW says.
I think you could say that with any rumour linking us with any player... just like what the whole Saviola thing taught us.

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom