• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal v Barcelona - 23/02/16, 19:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Smith

Established Member
Barcelona will be immensely difficult. There is no doubt that for most of the match we will be chasing shadows. But with a little luck I believe we can win.

Gooner n Proud

a.k.a. nasri_8 and Voice of Flamini
I really think we'll win this one but will probably be unable to overcome them at the Nou Camp, though we have the tools too.

GunnerInPluto

I see no reason for us to lose on Wedsday. We have a better balance than previous encounters. I will go with our team vs Leicester. Maybe start Welbz instead of Ox.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
At least we know we'll get 100% from Sanchez. Hopefully this game can kickstart him for the rest of the season. I feel a good result here would carry us all the way through march.

But a loss is expected. I just want to see a good effort and coals conceded to 1.

KAB

We need to have all our weapons out for the match with Alexis, Giroud, Özil, tricky Theo to start with Coq and Ramsey in the middle.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I am sure Messi, Neymar and Suarez are **** scared at the sight of Mertesacker in our defence

Mert and Kos are familiar with Suarez, as tough as he is , Kos has handled him , same with Messi . I'm talking about on our patch . I think our defence will suprise you pleasantly .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I'd be chuffed if we even manage to score a goal tbh.

They're playing us at the best time really. We seem to have no composure in front of goal.

Would fancy us so much more if this game was back in October.

Yeah course mate , we had better personnel in key positions playing well in October . I think the boys will be up for this though . Alexis , Özil , Ramsey , Bellerin , Ox and maybe Giroud .

vs Southampton - 22 shots and 11 on target - 0 goals
vs Leicester City - 24 shots and 6 on target - 2 goals
vs Hull City - 24 shots and 6 on target - 0 goals

In the last three home games we had 70 shots and only scored 2 goals.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Some interesting analysis from @Furious Styles @Trilly and @Giroud Cheers.

I'm interested in the points raised, regarding our inability to deal with the proactive press, or what I see as counter/gegen pressing. Its true that we have no answer for that currently, and its dissapointing because Sp**s are getting massive results for exactly that tactic at the moment I feel.

Perhaps we do not even give a damn about it as well, looking at our desire to play the ball out from the back, with little to no pace and movement off the ball. To me, that shows a lack of proper planning on the training field to be honest. The all too familiar "framework" set by Wenger and then "self expression" forming the detail.

We are not looking in good shape for this game at competition level, purely because we are not set up for intricate technical play anymore. Cazorla does indeed give us that ball retaining ability in the middle, which does help, but the rest of the team remaining so static off the ball, allowing opposition to close them down or the passing lanes makes life very difficult for us indeed. We have played in a U shape against far inferior teams, which shows this to me. Easy to mark, easy to defend deep against.

On Tuesday we need to play to our strengths, and that is our better defensive organisation, and our ability to counter attack the turnover ball at pace. Özil, Ramsey, Coquelin axis need to keep it simple and respect the diminishing spaces, that is all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom