• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL | Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund | Tue 22nd Oct 19.45

TheGlitch

Side note of this game. Really good contest but we missed flamini loads, he is so destructive in ways arteta couldn't begin to ccomprehend. The dortmund central pair were more solid and ramsey playing a 2 cam instead ddnt help (atleast it seems).

On the result though, lol, I had to. we are a good team and have the ability to rip new holes in dortmund rear, the fans transfer to the team their over confidence on the game.
It was a grounding experience, Im always weary of games after good performances. There's always a sting somewhere. I would've been way more upset at a result like this but I believe the days or gone when we make ****ing up a fashion. Nope I no longer identify with that, this team eill bounce back.

TheGlitch

eye4goal said:
I'd play Rosicky/Cazorla deeper in Germany as they can deal with a high pressure game better than Ramsey. I liked how Cazorla was coming deeper and switching the play with long passes to Özil/Sagna on the flanks(Rosicky attempted that too but his accuracy was poor).

We've got to put a much better shift in Germany, so we'll need to do some rotation before the return leg
Ramsey is fine and can cope, he was just off his game last night.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
A really disappointing loss but nothing to be too worried about. Many positives but Dortmund will be a good reality check for the lads. Our lack of attacking options hindered us last night and Dortmund's pressing and pace were always a problem for us. At this level one mistake is so costly let alone two.

Hoping the lads really learn from this experience as they showed they can go toe to toe with one of the European heavyweights. Qualification from this group suddenly became a lot tougher and now requires at least one good result away from home.

Dortmund are an experienced unit that have won much over the last few years and as a team they are better unit at the moment but we aren't too far away.

Was pleased with how we wrested control of the game away from our guests in the 2nd half but we really didn't look too threatening up top. Having Theo, Podolski & The Ox in sick bay didn't help but we can't use that as an excuse as Dortmund had more weapons than us up front.

Don't know the reason we came out the blocks so slow but that early goal was a kick in the teeth and highlights one of the areas in Ramsey's game that he needs to improve on, or preferably cut out altogether-too often in the past he has ceded possession in dangerous areas when safer options have been available to him. HE did it in Marseille and he's been guilty of it in a few Premier League matches this season-however, when you play against a team, the caliber of Dortmund, these mistakes get punished mercilessly.

Could Arsène have been more proactive in securing a point, I think so. With less than 10 mins to go both teams would have settled for a point mi thinks. At the start of the game a win looked a necessary result but with 10 mins to go and not looking that threatening, the lads/manager really should not have lost the game to a goal like that.

Inthe blood

Established Member
A lot of positives to take from the yesterdays game and it will be important that the team focuses on the challenge ahead.

We out played for most parts a team that made the CL final last year and you could say we were unlucky not to come away with at the very least a point. The winning goal scorer should have been sent off and Ramsey's goal should have counted... I see us improving on our performance away in Dortmund and coming away with a result.

dbig

Just finished watching the game. Unlucky not to get a point. We kept pushing for the win. I like the attitude, but maybe a bit naive. Still, not a bad performance and not a thrashing like many feared when we drew them at the start of the season.

Floating

Established Member
I do think if Flamini had been fit, we would've at least drawn the match. Oh well, disappointing but not fatal. We can bounce back in style against Palace.

blaze_of_glory

I think it says something that today when I think about this game the thing I feel most is annoyance. I'm not angry or depressed about losing like I maybe would have been in past years, just annoyed. Feels like a minor inconvenience that should have been easily avoided.

k24bfan

Take a look at what their "brilliant fans" did to the Emirates
<a class="postlink" href="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXSBXRWCcAE7OIa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXSBXRWCcAE7OIa.jpg</a>

I think their ego's growing a bit too much.

Camel

k24bfan said:
Take a look at what their "brilliant fans" did to the Emirates
<a class="postlink" href="https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXSBXRWCcAE7OIa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXSBXRWCcAE7OIa.jpg</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think their ego's growing a bit too much.

The point being?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You have to understand that Dortmund/Ruhrpott ****s in general are trailer trash and broke as ****, thus can't afford seats at home.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Look closer mate, they kicked down the entire row of seats. In front of them there is at least another single seat completely ripped out.

Camel

jones said:
Look closer mate, they kicked down the entire row of seats. In front of them there is at least another single seat completely ripped out.
Even if it's true, one seat is hardly a big crime.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
**** sake, Camel, it's far easier to say you didn't see the ripped out seat/s and move on, rather than dig another hole. :lol:

blaze_of_glory

Yeah lets not make excuses for opposition fans damaging our stadium ffs. Inexcusable behaviour regardless of how much respect anyone may have for Dortmund as a club. They are clearly not saints.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom