• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Chelsea | 06/04/04

Alexone234

We are not worthy of a Champions league semi-final place because we have done nothing to deserve it. Chelsea came here, contained us, struck at important times and we had no answer.

That second half was as bad a performance as I have ever seen from any Arsenal side besides that 6-1 loss to United and the game we lost to Wimbledon.

PolishGooner

SoUL said:
yeah we must support players and club not condemn them

even if i am gutted.. :cry: :cry:

Well, sometimes you have to criticise someone or kick somebody`s ass to make him better

A

Anonymous

There is one chant we are going to have to get very used to in the coming weeks - '**** all your gonna win **** all'

jeremiesgirl

I am gutted with tonights result. After Saturday this is the last thing we needed :cry: I think Henry was on a different planet today. He didnt seem interested and he barely touched the ball in the 2nd half. From what they said he had a slight back injury which is a worry, shame he had an off day on 1 of our most important games!! We cannot blame Henry for this defeat though, or Wenger for bringing Henry off. It was just a team performance that le us down. I think Cole, Lauren, Campbell, and Reyes all played well. Freddie wasn't his usual self but I guess he was in pain so fair play to him for giving it some. Pires was trying too but they just lacked that sparkle. Can't believe how badly they played in 2nd half.

I was surprised that Reyes started with that injury. It didnt seem to be giving him that much bother. Does anyone reckon his injury was made out to be worse than it worse to worry Chelsea? Whatever it was, it didnt work anyway. Reyes did play well though and kept attacking.

Its so disappointing to go out fo the competion that was the most elusive and the 1 we know Wenger dearly wanted. I just think this is going to spur Chelsea on to fight even harder for the Premiership. We have let 2 trophies slip, we most NOT lose a third!

Mark

Established Member
It's just hit me really. We've lost the chance of 2 trophies in just 4 days.

I'm crying. :cry:

GOONERITTI

Well, sometimes you have to criticise someone or kick somebody`s ass to make him better

Yes totallt agree.
The same mistakes happened again and it will happen again and again … wenger problem is he will never ever criticize his players… why in hell our players pass the ball to each other in front of our goal!!!!Vieira always keep the ball with him in our dangerous area and he lost the ball in this area. Why in hell we always gave a back pass to our goal keeper. Lehman mad 5 crucial stupid mistakes against Leeds dynamo keeve Chelsea twice and no body spoke with him .

Arsen wenger must be stricter with the players

DOUBLE-YOU

fatigue played a big part in this loss. i've watched us play a lot this season and i noticed that

1- Henry never pulled wide to combine with pires like he usually does
2- Pires never helped cole defensively today. i have watched a number of games this season and i noticed how much tracking back bobbie has been doing of late. today he just didnt seem able.

i'm not blaming them as they werent the only 2 below par, but they are our cutting edge

JGooner

yeah we must support players and club not condemn them

When Thierry Henry shows me and other Arsenal fans the basic respect of at least trying his best on the pitch - something he is paid BY US to do - I show him support. He has done it for the vast majority of the season, and we have supported him throughout that time. But when he treats the BIGGEST GAME IN THE CLUB'S HISTORY like a nuisance that isn't worthy of him, I am not going to apologise for holding him in utter disdain. You can tell when Henry is not bothered because he doesn't do his usual trick of pulling wide, dropping deep, etc. He just struts around in between the centre halves and waits for something to happen. He also poses as though the game is a Renault advert.

Adam

Established Member
Arsenal Chelsea
Possession % 52% 48%
Goals 1 2
Shots on target 5 5
Shots off target 8 6
Blocked shots 3 3
Corners 2 5
Fouls 15 16
Offsides 4 4
Yellow cards 1 3
Red cards 0 0

A

Anonymous

for once someone agrees with what i have been saying. Henry is a damm poser and choker in big games

keep on saying it a millions times we need a world class proven natural striker. until then we see the wonderful pretty circle goals , but when the chips are down and we need the killer touch, these pretty goals disapear

a striker and midfielder who can shoot and chip in goals

wat makes it worst to stomach right now, is that the path to the final is clear to meet milan

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
all the pain i see among the Arsenal faithful shows just how much we love the club. lets get on with it. wenger will learn and the players will too. i just hope this does not start **** like vieira wanting to leave and crap like that. because if i were him, i'd be thinkin"how long do i have to wait?" but he loves the club and i hope he stays. we'll just have to wait and see. but one thing is certain. we have to get on with life and love our club through this difficult period.

That's the problem with us, we have so many chances to finish the game, in the FA cup we could have scored 3 times, and Henry could have almost done the same but we missed them and we were left to pay the price. The team need to learn how to kill of games.

WHAFC

arsena1 said:
do I feel sick in the stomach? sure !
but to the point of condemning the arsenal players ?
a big NO !

can't you see that they were doing their best ?
can't you see how tired henry was ?
that he was picking himself up to go get the balls ?

can u even hear the arsenal fans at highbury in the 2nd half ?
where was the support when it was most needed ?
so it is true that arsenal fans are just a bunch of glory chasers
who only share in the joys with the players but turn into a
batch of player-slaggers when things are not going our way.

what happened to the legions of fans I used to see in this forum
who supported the team through thick and thin.

There's still the EPL title to play for.
at the start of the season, I would be happy for just 1 of the 3.
and now we still have a chance.

Not that I don't feel ****ing disappointed in the past 2-3 days
but that's no excuse to be moaners.

show that we're still behind them and not sticking them behind their backs while the wounds are still fresh.
Does anyone happen to think they do not hurt inside ?

those criticising the team's mental strength, you have a point
but look at yourselves in the mirror before pointing an accusing finger.

Come on ! the team needs us now more than ever !

Hopefully all the Arsenal players can get their heads out of this muck and start thinking of defending our EPL lead.

this is serious. those going to games come on ! show your passion.
sing louder than ever !

It wouldn't do to do a Leverkusen.

Were you there? I was and it was the loudest I have heard the Highbury crowd for years including the second half. Chelsea scoring early in the second made everyone fearful of them getting a second, players included. If you couldn't hear us singing on your TV, blame ITV not the fans.

Adam

Established Member
I love the Arsenal so much, and as much as this defeat hurts - page 2 of Ceefax when looking at the league table is remembered. Through the thick and thin, and although it seems hard now - there are brighter times ahead if we focus.

WHAFC

Adam said:
I love the Arsenal so much, and as much as this defeat hurts - page 2 of Ceefax when looking at the league table is remembered. Through the thick and thin, and although it seems hard now - there are brighter times ahead if we focus.

Well put Adam, four points clear and everything to play for in the league, bring on the Mickeymousers and the cartoon army!

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
kolo said:
for once someone agrees with what i have been saying. Henry is a damm poser and choker in big games

keep on saying it a millions times we need a world class proven natural striker. until then we see the wonderful pretty circle goals , but when the chips are down and we need the killer touch, these pretty goals disapear

a striker and midfielder who can shoot and chip in goals

wat makes it worst to stomach right now, is that the path to the final is clear to meet milan

this is the kind of negativity we do not need. how can you claim that henry has not proven himself? well that is your opinion and i guess i have to respect it. i for one recommend a zidane, ronaldinho type player who can play behind the strikers. although we loose defencive edge, it will mean that we can play two true goal getters and marking henry out will not guarantee the opposition a good result. that will also take the pressure off henry and let him flow always. thats my thought on the issue but negativity isnt what is needed here. henry is a great player and i hope he stays for a long, long time.

JGooner

Adam - yes, if we win the league, then we can easily swallow what has happened tonight (although recriminations will remain about Henry and Pires's disgraceful "performances"). But how are we going to recover in time to beat Liverpool, Newcastle, etc? This reminds me so much of last season: we have just been knocked out of the CL, the 2nd place team in the prem is on form precisely at the same time as we are losing our form, fatigue is setting in, Henry is disinterested, we are conceding late goals. The signs are ominous.

Allyboy

Established Member
The Sp**s game is the key.

If we get through that on top we will be okay IMO.

Our last four games are not overly tricky and Chelsea have to go to Newcastle and Man U.

Arsenal, its over to you.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Gusy the players besides(Henry) gave it all. Pires..was tired and rightly so based on the constant runs he made in the first half. That equaliser really put us back. Give the players and the fans their props!!It hurts to lose but we simpply didn't have the legs in the second half.

So of course some fools..will say why didn't wenger used his subs..well they are the same people who were on him last week for using his subs!!!

I really feel for the players and wenger cos i truly believ..they wanted this soo much, much more we the fans!!!! And they are HURTING big time.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom