• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

DOUBLE-YOU

After the csk game i heard booing. If there was anyone who went to that game and booed can you please explain why. Arsenal played very well against csk but were extremely unlucky infront of goal. There was nothing else you could criticise the players about other than the finishing. The passing was good and so was the desire.

The only explaination for booing would be for the time wasting of the opposition.

Those who did boo are a disgrace

the dawn raids

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
marco said:
which means, lyon, valencia, ac milan or munich in next round and possibly psv....
I'd be happy to see any of those teams in the next round just as long as we progress (I fear Lyon the most out of those though).

Lyon will be a tough draw no doubt; them and Valancia are who Id rather not face, if those are the teams we could meet. they are both playing some incredible football at the moment.

as far as the Jens incident, its known Lehmann controlls his penalty area verbally as well as physically. and while shoving Toure was definitely uncalled for, I wouldnt read much more into it that he was trying to tell his defense to wake up.

he should have checked if Gallas still had his shorts on after getting totally turned around like that!

The_byrne

DOUBLE-YOU said:
After the csk game i heard booing. If there was anyone who went to that game and booed can you please explain why. Arsenal played very well against csk but were extremely unlucky infront of goal. There was nothing else you could criticise the players about other than the finishing. The passing was good and so was the desire.

The only explaination for booing would be for the time wasting of the opposition.

I didn't hear any booing at cska, (although i did leave at the start of stoppage time) but with the mentality of some fans, it wouldn't suprise me.

The idiot who sits next to me cries out shout whenever we get within 40 yards of goal, once hleb was on the wing about halfway between box and halfway line and he said it, then muttered 'why don't we just shoot' when hleb passed it.

Jkreffer

Established Member
No there was a small amount of booing after the game. It isn't like the Everton game where it was created by the media.

I honestly do not know what these people want. It isn't as if we had played badly or not put in the required amount of effort. Probably the ones who have had it way too good over the last few years and have forgotten what it was like to watch bog standard long ball in the George G. era.

RC8

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
No there was a small amount of booing after the game. It isn't like the Everton game where it was created by the media.

I honestly do not know what these people want. It isn't as if we had played badly or not put in the required amount of effort. Probably the ones who have had it way too good over the last few years and have forgotten what it was like to watch bog standard long ball in the George G. era.

I heard booing, but I attribute it to the time wasting CSKA recurred to at the end of the game. The booing, I thought, was not directed towards the players.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Possibly, but then some of the booers around me were uttering their usaul rubbish like "what a load of cr*p" and "they're bloody useless" so I imagine some boos were team aimed.

Ginger_Reyes

Gooner T said:
yeah to be honest, Jens has started on almost every player who dont play for arsenal so he's runnin outta people to chuck it with.. so now he's startin on his own teamates! what a legend!

I'm sure he decked his own defender when he played for Borussia Dortmund, although I could be wrong.

AFCG7

Established Member
After Rosicky failed to score.. i left the pub immediately.. i figured if he couldnt score that..there's no way in hell we are going to score. Awful man..bloody awful.
On the plus side.. maybe we have used up all our "bad luck" in this one game..surely we wont be that pitiful in front of goal again.
Fabregas.. my word.. rounding the keeper to miss like that.. had me tearing my hair out.. awful.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
The reason I would like us to finish first is so we can play our first leg away. But regarding who we meet...knowing our luck..it won't matter..its can either be barca or lyon/milan..

The PSVs/Benfica..never come our way. I think we will win the group though. I don't see CSKA taking all 3 points from Hamburg and Porto.

alibey

Im not sure if this is already posted but I found it on eurosports website and its pretty interesting:

Arsenal captain Thierry Henry has criticised the home fans at the new Emirates Stadium in his programme notes.

After being held by Everton to a 1-1 draw on Saturday, Henry was moved to voice his frustration at sections of the club's support for not giving their full backing to the team.

"We are all disappointed when we don't get the result, believe me. But it really doesn't help groaning at the players when there is still an hour to go, far from it actually, it can get on top of you.

"Also on Saturday I saw some fans leave early. We were constantly attacking, looking for the winning goal. I just wanted you to know that the players do notice it, so please try and stay until the end."

RC8

Established Member
cubbz_th14 said:
alibey, those comments by henry have been put out of context, full comments are on arsenal.com
http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?this ... cle=425887

he specifically states that he does not want fans to take it in a negative way and if you read the entire article its quite understandable.

That's a great article written by him, and it is very nice that he noticed he wasn't being booed. It is true that he seems very moody on the pitch, but the guy is a legend, and he seems to be a very good captain in the dressing rooms. I also think he made a lot of effort during the CSKA game, and was unfortunate not to get an assist or a goal.

Thanks Cubbz for posting that link. Also, if anyone of those that leave early and scream "shoot" is reading this, you should be embarrassed of yourselves, I understand when people leave at stoppage time, but to leave at the 85th minute? Please!

I know this is not the thread for this, so I will make a post in regards to this soon on one of the correct threads.

awooga83

Established Member
I hadn't actually read that article but as you say its a fantastic article and shows Henry as an even greater person in the way he doesn't get sucked in by what others say or take something that could have been construed as booing and be a prima donna about it, hes intelligent enough to take it in and see it for what it was on that day somethign not directed at the team or him and he responded to it in a logical way.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Ginger_Reyes said:
Gooner T said:
yeah to be honest, Jens has started on almost every player who dont play for arsenal so he's runnin outta people to chuck it with.. so now he's startin on his own teamates! what a legend!

I'm sure he decked his own defender when he played for Borussia Dortmund, although I could be wrong.

Close. It was whilst at Milan, I think.

hujja

Established Member
alibey said:
Im not sure if this is already posted but I found it on eurosports website and its pretty interesting:

I just wanted you to know that the players do notice it, so please try and stay until the end."

Ouch. That can't be good for a player's confidence when he sees fans leaving.

Jammy

DOUBLE-YOU said:

Do you mean people booing the arsenal players? if you do I didn't hear any and I left a few minutes after the final whistle..

But yeh, everyone was booing the moscow players for time wasting as it was very fustrating, when they had a corner and none of the players went over to take it etc..

Fab Fabre04

F**K it F**K it F**K it.

Let me put this in the terms of women. We were heart breakers, we seduced moscow all the way but didn't shag them.

F**K F**K ****ity F**K.

You can't put this any better. We weren't arrogant and probably proved that the only reason we lost as Moscow was because of the conditions.

We have no excuse for this.

We were wonderful to watch but lacked a certain killer instinct.

We always knew this was going to be a tough group but we started off brilliantly in Europe but have now stumbled. We had no excuses, usually there would be things like "it was xxx's fault" "The other teams CM is a diving C**T..." etc. etc.

But there are no excuses this time. We had all the chances to win, just didn't take them.

I haven't got to the space to mention all the missed chances but the biggest IMO were the chances missed by RVP, Tomas and Cesc.

It was crucial IMO to get an early goal as that would have instilled confidence. The players knew they had to win this one so the pressure was on, after a few early misses their confidence started to drop, they knew that they were doing everything perfectley but just couldn't finish. The fans didn't help either what wiith them getting frustrated, I can't blame them but wouldn't it be easier to urge on the players then whine? They could express their feelings later. Did you notice how RVP's game picked up against Everton after the fans got behind him? I feel something similar would happen in this prediciment. So once again we didn't win because of a mental disability, in times our players will probably grow a resistance to tbe up and down moods of the fans but we don't have that time.

Our fans nowadays are spoilt, they have gotten used to the golden generation and the luxury of winning, that has clouded their judgment.

I was also looking forward to beating one of Abrahmovoich's team, sadly that hasn't happened. The Russian Mafia are behind this take my word for it.

Many people this season have been talking about benching our players etc. etc. And I have told them not to make those judgment yet, as it was probably a one off. But I'm beginning to shift to their point of view. We can't have this every season if we want to be a top team.

Normally there'd be things like how to improve but the only bloody thing we need to improve is finishing. AW needs to stop being so stubborn and realize this.

Hopefully this was just "one of those days". All this has done is bring down the confidence of our players and improve the confidence of our next opponents. We don't need to face a West Ham high on confidence. Also this showing a few weakness and we don't want West Ham to exploit them, although not sure how they're going to exploit bad finishing.

DC Gunner

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
Ice Berg legend said:
marco said:
which means, lyon, valencia, ac milan or munich in next round and possibly psv....
I'd be happy to see any of those teams in the next round just as long as we progress (I fear Lyon the most out of those though).

Lyon will be a tough draw no doubt; them and Valancia are who Id rather not face, if those are the teams we could meet. they are both playing some incredible football at the moment.

as far as the Jens incident, its known Lehmann controlls his penalty area verbally as well as physically. and while shoving Toure was definitely uncalled for, I wouldnt read much more into it that he was trying to tell his defense to wake up.

he should have checked if Gallas still had his shorts on after getting totally turned around like that!

I swear the jens incident reminded me of how Peter Schmeichel used to get mad @ Jap Stam until one day I thought he might pull a knife and stab him :D

But seriously, I don't like to see any of our players do that to his teammetes, it really bothers me.

As for the Gallas incident when he got turned around, that was totally unexpected for me and I was :shock: thinking "oh god, no, we are going to concede :evil: ", almost has a heart attack there :?

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom