• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

IBL

Established Member
Someone please assure me that we're going to progress to the next round!

I can see us beating Hamburg, but whatever the result between Porto/Moscow we absolutely have to beat Porto away and that won't be easy, they're on a roll and we have to assume that Moscow will beat Hamburg. I'm thinking of travelling to Porto to see the match but I really wanted to go there with us not needing a result so that I could enjoy the occasion. Really is up in the air now.

Natnat

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I had near me(in nearby row) a husband wearing suit and coat that looked like it was Saville Row and wife dressed also extremly smart.
I was chanting 'Come On Arsenal' (noone was chanting when I was saying it) the man said to me 'could you shutup' in posh accent.(his wife was just having her drink through outthe game)
I put on a more of cockney accent and said'No why don't you shut up and watch the game ,enjoy it and join in'
I glance over ever so oftern at him and he was just watching the game and clapping when we got the ball.
Flipping heck where does he think he was a concert atThe Royal Albert Hall?

Jkreffer

Established Member
Natnat said:
I had near me(in nearby row) a husband wearing suit and coat that looked like it was Saville Row and wife dressed also extremly smart.
I was chanting 'Come On Arsenal' (noone was chanting when I was saying it) the man said to me 'could you shutup' in posh accent.(his wife was just having her drink through outthe game)
I put on a more of cockney accent and said'No why don't you shut up and watch the game ,enjoy it and join in'
I glance over ever so oftern at him and he was just watching the game and clapping when we got the ball.
Flipping heck where does he think he was a concert atThe Royal Albert Hall?

That is frankley a disgrace. It isn't as if you were chanting the Ashley Cole song, or anything that could be deemed to be offensive.

I had the polar oppostie yesterday, two piss heads, about 18 years old, screaming at everybody to sing and calling them "c*nts" and "y*ds". Whilst in a twisted way they may have had a point, you should never resort to downright insulting people. People aren't going to suddenly pipe up if they have two maniacs screaming at them.

jester

Established Member
I havent read through all the pages, but has anyone said about the toure/jens incident? It made me cringe, i thought things would go from bad to worse. For those that dont know, CSKA crossed the ball in and jens got it, but toure was underneath him. Jens got up and shouted at toure, then pushed him away, to which toure tried to turn round and stand up for himself. Arsène ran out of the dugout and had a few words. Hopefully it was nothing more than frustration.

IBL

Established Member
^ pure frustration. If we were winning at that point I'm sure both would have thought nothing of it. It was the second half when that happened and we had missed a host of chances, Jens and Toure were thinking they they'd done their job well enough so there was added pressure on them to keep a clean sheet seeing as we'd still not scored.

jester

Established Member
Yeh that's what i thought, although I did find it funny that its not only opposition players jens' wants protection off from crosses :lol:

Jkreffer

Established Member
Pretty standard stuff from Jens. Toure just got in his way when he was trying to throw a quick ball. Doubt there was anything more to it. Lets face it Jens isn't exactly the hardest to get frustrated.

Gooner T

yeah to be honest, Jens has started on almost every player who dont play for arsenal so he's runnin outta people to chuck it with.. so now he's startin on his own teamates! what a legend!

marco

Ice Berg legend said:
Someone please assure me that we're going to progress to the next round!

I can see us beating Hamburg, but whatever the result between Porto/Moscow we absolutely have to beat Porto away and that won't be easy, they're on a roll and we have to assume that Moscow will beat Hamburg. I'm thinking of travelling to Porto to see the match but I really wanted to go there with us not needing a result so that I could enjoy the occasion. Really is up in the air now.

only thing is as long as we beat hamburg and porto lose in moscow we are through as long as we dont lose 3-0 in porto so i think we should be ok, winning the group is a different matter now though as cant see moscow messing it up from here..

which means, lyon, valencia, ac milan or munich in next round and possibly psv....

cubbz_th14

Jkreffer said:
Lets face it Jens isn't exactly the hardest to get frustrated.

don't know if anyone saw it but, on soccer am they showed a clip of the team getting out of the coach for the reading away game and jens knocked his head against the huge side mirror of the coach while getting out and looked at it in sheer frustration and i think was to upset to even glimpse at the sky camera. was quite funny :D

Gooner T

Post deleted. Text language.

Can't believe after all the forum changes, I'm still having to do this.

RtC

RockyRocastle

Established Member
I dont know what Wenger is talking about - the crowd was a joke last night.

Worst atmosphere at the new ground yet.

It is an embarrassment, and these Henry comments only add to it. The yids are having a field day.

Cant wait for Sunday now, going to a proper ground with proper supporters where hopefully there will be a bit of atmosphere.

And hopefully no more of this 4-5-1 bollocks against **** teams.

Ricky_AFC

I really couldn't believe what I was seeing in this one. Even by our standards of creating and missing a tonne of chances, this one was ridiculous. We played great but it was so frustrating, maybe the last game I'll get to go to this season and I left scratching my head.

IBL

Established Member
marco said:
which means, lyon, valencia, ac milan or munich in next round and possibly psv....
I'd be happy to see any of those teams in the next round just as long as we progress (I fear Lyon the most out of those though). Like you said, hopefully CSKA will beat Porto and our chances of progressing will be made simpler.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We have to qualify before we can begin to think about the next round. We'll have a difficult draw regardless of whether we finish top or second. You all know that on our day we can beat everyone!

Alfonso

Established Member
When people go on about fate and destiny and "things only happen for a reason", then last night may be down to things like that. I think Rosicky's opening goal miss is the worst ive seen since Henry missed an open goal against chelsea at Highbury in Dec 04 when it was 2-2.

I really hope we finish top of our group. I know this is a long shot, but i dont fancy our chances against any of those teams mentioned if we were to finish 2nd. However, Bayern would be the best draw, and even then it would be 50-50 in terms of progressing to the 1/8.

I really hope some how PSV finish top of their group so we can play them as well.

For the people that said it doesnt matter who we get, as we have to knock out big teams in order to win the whole thing, i agree, but i would rather we get knocked out in the quarters than in the last 16. :)

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
actually, in all midist of our frustrations, i can really see the potential of our team. they are showing out all their potentials, but their finishing is just not there. in a season or 2, with baptista also joining this super 5 attacking trio, i can see good times ahead for us. with them gelling better every game, i am reminded of 2004

11vanpersie

where did you sit Natnat, i think i mightve seen that! i think anyway! it wasnt me between ;)

i agree with arsenal_hleb about the good times thing, i think that our team can only get more positive, we shouldve won that game easily, how is it that we can score 7 goals in some matches and then in others cant out the ball away even when there is a gaping hole in the net!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
jester said:
I havent read through all the pages, but has anyone said about the toure/jens incident? It made me cringe, i thought things would go from bad to worse. For those that dont know, CSKA crossed the ball in and jens got it, but toure was underneath him. Jens got up and shouted at toure, then pushed him away, to which toure tried to turn round and stand up for himself. Arsène ran out of the dugout and had a few words. Hopefully it was nothing more than frustration.

i hope it is what you think . if we continue like that, our team might fall apart. jens should really keep his cool and not shout at own team mate. you could see in the latter stages jens and toure wasnt talking to each other anymore, nor making any eye contact. this will spark real disharmony in our team.

on a seperate incident, henry almost guided the ball into his own net. jens shouted at him. he was angry and shouted some foul words back. this is the worse thing a captain could do.

seriously guys, if we really went out in the first round, would any of you be happy seeing us possibly winning the uefa cup or battling through and get knocked out in the last 16?

if we finish first(highly unlikely), we could meet roma, werder/barca, real madrid(again), lille/anderlecht/aek, celtic/benfica/copenhagen, inter/sporting, psv.

roma,werder/barca,real madrid,inter,psv would be tough opponents for us.

if we finish second, it would be worse. valencia,lyon,bayern,milan faces us. all of which we will not want

gunner_down_under

I'm not so worried actually, yesterday was just freakish, some russian voodoo!! :lol:

I have no doubts that if we continue playing like that, we would breeze past Hamburg and Porto. Important to qualify first though (if possible at all)

Arsenal Quotes

Everybody knows how much I love Arsenal - I became a fan. And to be out here [in front of the Emirates as a statue] celebrating a goal against Sp*rs, there's not much else to say after that. Like I've said before: Once a Gooner, always a Gooner.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom