• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs CSKA Moscow | 01/11/06

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
Jinn said:
mad jens said:
WE MUST PLAY 4-4-2!!!!
ENOUGH OF 4-5-1!!!!

one more weird thing i'm thinking of is dropping henry and start ali.

henry needs a wakeup call.

drop hleb as he doesn't connect well with the current RB and put in RvP!

Care to explain your reasoning? RVP actually played against Everton you know.
:lol:

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
jester said:
We need a good win. Not some scrappy 1-0 win (which i'll also take!), the performance is very important, not just the points. We need to be on the back of a good result to go to westham and get the 3 points.
Too true, get in there Gunners and kick ass, lets have a few goals, make em pay for the last game. It would be a good moral boost for the lads as well. 2-0 to the Arse :D

Tony Montana

Established Member
>YounGunner< said:
Sane__ said:
Gunner 2.0 said:
mmiramax said:
I would prefer to start with 4-4-2 with Ade in. We have proven at last match we are better than them in the air. Change to 4-5-1 after we lead them to better control of the game.

is Ade fit to play this game? IIRC Wenger said he will be out for 2 to 3 weeks.

Wenger said the injury wasn't as bad as they orignally thought so he could be back for Wednesday.

If thats the case then i would like to see RvP on the right with Rosicky /Hleb on the left with Henry just behind Adebayor who should stay in the box at all times and wait for crosses from each winger.

You can't write a thread without RVP in it can you?

Jameel46

Established Member
mad jens said:
WE MUST PLAY 4-4-2!!!!
ENOUGH OF 4-5-1!!!!

man you truely are mad, the team plays well if it's 4-5-1 or 4-4-2, the team created a hell of alot of chances against Everton, but unfortunately only one went in, and you can't blame the formation for that, drop hleb? hleb has been in good form for the team this season, drop henry? he may not be at the top of his game this season but he still is playing well, scoring goals, & getting assists, in my opinion you are just clutching at straws

Jameel46

Established Member
Koriatus said:
I think is better for Hleb not to play this game. He is under a big pressure now in Belarus ( http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... &start=480 ).

And in Moscow he can meet a lot of people who abused him this week. I dont think his moral is good now, and i think his psychological conditions will be much worse then now after this trip.

It will be better to give chance for someone else for this game.

(sorry for poor English)

leaving him out would put him under more pressure, he is playing well for Arsenal so he will play for Arsenal, i doubt that this will effect him on the pitch for Arsenal

RC8

Established Member
Koriatus said:
I think is better for Hleb not to play this game. He is under a big pressure now in Belarus ( http://www.arsenal-mania.com/forum/view ... &start=480 ).

And in Moscow he can meet a lot of people who abused him this week. I dont think his moral is good now, and i think his psychological conditions will be much worse then now after this trip.

It will be better to give chance for someone else for this game.

(sorry for poor English)

Don't worry, since we are playing in England I don't think this is such a big of an issue. Hopefully he recovers, and I'm sure that, just as he did with Campbell, Wenger will give him some time if he needs to.

RC8

Established Member
leonardo santiago said:
Wenger on arsenal.com (on the Everton match) "we finished with 5 strikers". Well that wouldn't have been necessary if we had started with 2. Hope we will finally start playing 4-4-2 again with Henry from the left side and RVP from the right side.

If for reasons beyond my comprehension we will try to 'break up' the CSKA defence by playing 4-5-1 at least don't put RVP on the freaking left side. 1 more time and I'll get really angry.

Do you really think that the reason we conceded from a corner is because we did not start with 2 strikers? Because it is that corner that cost us 2 points. We outplayed Everton yesterday with 1 striker in the same fashion we outplayed Villa with 2 strikers, both games finished 1-1, and on both we had to come from behind, since we conceded from a corner. If we improve our defending of set pieces, then it doesn't matter whether we play with 1 striker or with 2, we will have a much better chance of winning the game.

Our 4-5-1 is turning more and more into a 4-3-3 the more we play it, and Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas, and Van Persie have started to assume more offensive responsabilities. It is vital, however, to play Van Persie on the right, as he has been excellent whenever played there both for Arsenal and the Netherlands.

Canuck

Established Member
Won't be a stroll in the park but I'm confident we can win this match. I'm also reasonably sure that while the match is slightly more pressure on us than CSKA, they will not come to shut up shop. That's not saying that they won't be defensively excellent.
I believe that Wenger may well revert to a 442, but I can't be positive about it with his weird perseverence with the formation in the Champs League.
I expect a much improved Henry performance, and I think that during the Everton match Titi might have already been looking towards Wednesday a bit. Expect Ali on the bench but I'd be surprised if he started.
Agree with Leo in saying 'DON'T play Robin on the left again!'

borat

Agree for the first time that RvP shouldnt be played on the left. He looked very dangerous on saturday, and i think one of the two lively players on the pitch, another one being Rosicky. And we shouldnt let them attack as they look very dangerous with those brasilians on their side.
I expect the same or, Walcott starting with Fab being rested, what do you guyz think? Wenger hinted at resting Fab... might happen for this match me thinks...

mad jens

Jinn said:
mad jens said:
WE MUST PLAY 4-4-2!!!!
ENOUGH OF 4-5-1!!!!

Care to explain your reasoning? RVP actually played against Everton you know.

So what if Rvp played against everton?

I don't really get what you mean

xxxxxx

I can't even believe people are talking about dropping Henry.

Yes, I would love to see Ali start, but drop your best player? That doesn't make much sense at all.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
RC8 said:
Do you really think that the reason we conceded from a corner is because we did not start with 2 strikers? Because it is that corner that cost us 2 points. We outplayed Everton yesterday with 1 striker in the same fashion we outplayed Villa with 2 strikers, both games finished 1-1, and on both we had to come from behind, since we conceded from a corner. If we improve our defending of set pieces, then it doesn't matter whether we play with 1 striker or with 2, we will have a much better chance of winning the game.

Our 4-5-1 is turning more and more into a 4-3-3 the more we play it, and Hleb, Rosicky, Fabregas, and Van Persie have started to assume more offensive responsabilities. It is vital, however, to play Van Persie on the right, as he has been excellent whenever played there both for Arsenal and the Netherlands.

Spot on Mate. Some posters here got very short memories. It doesn't matter if the 4-5-1 formation lasteed for the first 11 minutes only. Anyway i agree with all you stated but the RvP playing on the Right.

Its obvious he adds more from the right(in regards to cuttting in) then on the left..but overall, the team gains more from Hleb on the right than RvP on the right. RvP should keep try ing to be effective on the LM..cos at the moment he is the best one equipped to play there if we go with a 4-5-1 formation. He can do that..just gotta give him time. Hleb should hold on to the RM..position, he is effective there..and with Eboue returning soon that pair is our best pair on the right.

I hope we are more carefull defending set pieces against CSKA. They look very dangerous on set pieces.

RC8

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
RC8 said:

Spot on Mate. Some posters here got very short memories. It doesn't matter if the 4-5-1 formation lasteed for the first 11 minutes only. Anyway i agree with all you stated but the RvP playing on the Right.

Its obvious he adds more from the right(in regards to cuttting in) then on the left..but overall, the team gains more from Hleb on the right than RvP on the right. RvP should keep try ing to be effective on the LM..cos at the moment he is the best one equipped to play there if we go with a 4-5-1 formation. He can do that..just gotta give him time. Hleb should hold on to the RM..position, he is effective there..and with Eboue returning soon that pair is our best pair on the right.

I hope we are more carefull defending set pieces against CSKA. They look very dangerous on set pieces.

I am in complete agreement with you, when I said I wanted RvP on the left I meant that I wanted him to play as a left striker who sticks to the wing, just the same role he has been asked to play on the right. Hleb is one of the most important pieces of the team, and his understanding with Rosicky will bring great results in the near future. Dropping Hleb would be a massive mistake, and Van Persie, as good as he might be, has to play a more advanced role in order to make space for Alex.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
RC8 said:
leonardo santiago said:
Wenger on arsenal.com (on the Everton match) "we finished with 5 strikers". Well that wouldn't have been necessary if we had started with 2. Hope we will finally start playing 4-4-2 again with Henry from the left side and RVP from the right side.

If for reasons beyond my comprehension we will try to 'break up' the CSKA defence by playing 4-5-1 at least don't put RVP on the freaking left side. 1 more time and I'll get really angry.

No I don't think playing 4-4-2 would have prevented their goal (that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about our offensive game). I'm talking about having a lot of possession and making the best use of it. We create far toom little chances, our chances are half chances, we lack players in/going into the box. We lack purpose.

nidza7

Established Member
Huge game for us IMO although not looks like that at first glance.A win could heel some stress from Sat and consolidate us on the top of the group.

Then another game at home vs HSV.We must take maximum from this two games and travel to Portugal with no pressure.

Come on gunners!!!

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Last week CSKA results:

25/10 CSKA - Moskva 2-1
26' 44' Love; 33' Adamov

28/10 Rostov - CSKA 1-2
78' Kalachev; 55' 87' Olic

CSKA are now 4 points clear of Spartak with 4 matches remaining in the Russian season.

HSV - Hannover'96 0-0. Hamburger SV are now ranked 16th in the Bundesliga.

Porto beat Benifca 3 -2 by an injury time goal. But Anderson will miss the remaining CL: group games:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/UCL/ne ... 72617.html

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Latest posts

Top Bottom