• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Kiev | 25/11/08

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Re: Arsenal vs FC Dynamo Kyiv, Tuesday Nov 25th 7:45 GMT

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal said:
Should Bendtner start this game I would lose all hope in humanity. Would rather have Simpson upfront.

Err... how about Vela upfront :? .Just give him that some sort of chance to play full game...

May be Ramsey should be starting too :?

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Almunia

Eboue Djourou Touré Clichy

Wilshere Ramsey Cesc Nasri

Ade RvP

TomasCR

Established Member

What´s the story with Ade by the way? Is he ok?

Thommybhoy

Established Member

Who of injured will be fit for this?
Bac? No, right?
Eboue, Kolo?
Oh if we only had Rosicky fit..... :(

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

I think we will tear them a new one.

Its time to respond

Lord Dula

Established Member

GoonerGurjit said:
I wish we had taken one of those chances against Fener the other week to take the pressure off for this game. I'm not confident at all, and there's still an outside chance that we may not go through in this group despite being top. Would it be that surprising if drop points in both of our last two games?

I hope Adebayor and Eboue are fit for this one.

Look Arsène, just look. Look what you've done to poor Gurjit.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member

hackajack said:
Klaus Daimler said:
Has Ade been ruled out of this game already?
I had assumed he was being rested against City as a precaution ahead of Kiev. I'm not sure I can face another 90 minutes of Nik stumblebumming around in his current form.
Indeed. I'm sorry to say it since I know that he can do better, but - Bendtner in his current form has the worst first touch I've ever seen from an Arsenal player. Even Jeffers were technically more capable. Either Vela or van Persie needs to start up front with Adebayor now. Bendtner won't ever make it here seeing as how incredibly bad he has taken his chance to be a regular first teamer. He'll be our fifth choice striker in the second half of the season when Eduardo is back in shape and Vela has gotten through his first few introducing months.

Thommybhoy said:
Who of injured will be fit for this?
Bac? No, right?
Eboue, Kolo?
Oh if we only had Rosicky fit..... :(
Sagna is out until the middle of december. Kolo and Eboue could be back. According to physioroom this is all of our injuries:

K Toure Calf Muscle Strain 25th Nov 08
B Sagna Ankle/Foot Injury 13th Dec 08
T Walcott Dislocated Shoulder Feb 09
E Eboue Knee Injury 25th Nov 08
E Da Silva Broken Leg 13th Dec 08
T Rosicky Hamstring Injury 10th Jan 09

GaelForce22

Established Member

Couldn't care less about this game. I remember little about the last game except we played 4-5-1 and Gallas and Theo saved us at the death. Also Kiev were playing what may have been the worst striker I have ever seen (made Bendtner and Frannie Jeffers look like real football players).
We all know we're going to qualify for the next round of the Champions League even if we don't win this game and there's a very big match sunday that could turn our season around or really push us into freefall.

Hopefully the crowd don't turn on the players but if they arrive at the Emirates and see Bendtner and Denilson in the starting line up they have every right to.

-------------Fabianski

Eboue---Toure---Djourou---Clichy

Nasri----Cesc(c)----Song----Vela

----------RVP----Ade please Arsène.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

GaelForce22 said:
We all know we're going to qualify for the next round of the Champions League even if we don't win this game and there's a very big match sunday that could turn our season around or really push us into freefall.
With all due respect we don't know that at all. If we were to lose this game, then Dynamo would be level with us on points, and Porto may very well be a point ahead and then we'd have a very uncomfortable final game away to Porto. It's very important that we wrap this up now at home; a draw might be enough in the end, due to our good goal difference, but that would still make things more awkward than they need to be. Also, although it's hard to predict who will win the other groups at this stage, finishing first is always a bonus in a two-leg tie.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member

Lord Dula said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I wish we had taken one of those chances against Fener the other week to take the pressure off for this game. I'm not confident at all, and there's still an outside chance that we may not go through in this group despite being top. Would it be that surprising if drop points in both of our last two games?

I hope Adebayor and Eboue are fit for this one.

Look Arsène, just look. Look what you've done to poor Gurjit.

Surely having Eboue in the team would be an improvement on the midfield quartet we played yesterday?

giuliob

What happened last year? We ended 2nd in the group when it should have ours...Why? Because in the away game at Prague (November) which we drew, we rested Fabregas/Hleb and played Denilson/Diaby, Flamini was on the bench....Then we go to Sevilla and lose 1-3....It matters that we win this game, and I hope Wenger puts out the strongest team available....We need the win and Fenerbahce at home to draw against Porto...We will be in 1st place...One less concern when we meet Porto away....

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Almunia

Eboue--Toure--Silvestre--Clichy

Wilshere--Cesc--Ramsey--Gibbs

Adebayor--v.Persie

Let's see some fantasy football.

TomasCR

Established Member

Has Wenger already said something about Adebayor? Have no idea what´s wrong with him...

------------Almunia-----------
Eboue-Silvestre-Djourou-Clichy
Ramsey----Diaby----Cesc---Nasri
--------RvP--------Adebayor---

That´s how the line-up has to look like we to start winning.

ricky1985

Established Member

No Vela. I'm surpised. He has surely earnt a chance to show what he can do?

TomasCR

Established Member

If RvP and Adebayor are both fit, there is no place for Vela. During the game? Sure.

dutchMasta

------------------Almunia--------------
Eboue---Silvestre-Djourou-Clichy
Wilshere-Ramsey--Cesc---Nasri
----------------RVP--Adebayor------
Vela to get some game time. Please no Denilson. Hopefully staying up for a 3.45am match will be worth it this time.

Wenger14

Established Member

Hope Eboue and Toure are back for this.

This is what we'll probably see:

Almunia
Eboue/Toure Djourou Silvestre Clichy
Diaby Cesc Denilson Nasri
RVP Ade

I'd love to see Gallas/Toure replace Silvestre and Vela replace Diaby.

Alfonso

Established Member

We will either win this one 5-0 or it will be a 0-0 draw.

But I want us to destroy them, not only because of our current situation, but cos Kiev are a due a beating from us, this goes way back.

A win is the minimum but battering this lot is just what we need and will make Chelsea think twice before facing us.

Finally, Denilson has to be dropped from this game.

asajoseph

Established Member

Denilson won't be dropped for this game, as there's nobody to replace him.

As disappointing as that is, he'll get another chance.

kamikaze80

Established Member

dammit asa, dont you have any good news? ;)

alfonso, was half the team even born the last time we played kiev? these kids dont care what happened years ago. they dont even care what happens now because it's not like they'll be dropped! and the paychecks just keep coming..

Arsenal Quotes

Arsène Wenger's idea is not only to play good football. It's to play good football to win. In my day, we knew that with our style we could hurt teams and win trophies too. But we did it our way, with the positional game, passing, movement.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom