• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | 23/08/06

nidza7

Established Member
Since nobody is bothered I`ll try.

Wed, 23 8:05 PM

Hope to see similar performance as in the first leg.

Original_AAA

Seeing as we are 3-0 up and at home I hope Arsène lets a few youngsters get some European football experience. Maybe let Henry start at the bench so that he would be well rested before the weekend match.

MancunianGunner

Original_AAA said:
Seeing as we are 3-0 up and at home I hope Arsène lets a few youngsters get some European football experience. Maybe let Henry start at the bench so that he would be well rested before the weekend match.
How much rest does he need? he needs to play the whole 90 minutes to get match fit again. he was awful against villa, the more you play him the better he plays. let him play with RVP the whole game so they can start to connect a lot better, they will have more space to play in cuz dinamo have to go forward.

Realwood

Play Henry three 90 minute matches in less than a week? Uh No.

He shouldn't play at all. His achilles isn't close to 100 percent yet. I'd rest him as much as possible for the next month.

Have him on the bench, but I think we should be able to wrap this up without him. It's a long year and we are going to need him right.

I'd go with this.

Eboue---Toure---Djourou---Flamini

Hleb---Cesc---Song---Walcott

-------Rvp------Ade

I'd like to rest Gilberto and give Song a run out. I know a lot of people on this board don't like him, but I don't see the harm in giving him this game.

been

anyone know when rosicky is expected to return???

wonder if walcott will start

been

also i think toure should be rested were very lucky hes rarely injured and im suprised he plays so much.......i would rest him whenever i get the chance

Realwood

You're right. Probably wouldn't hurt to play Cygan either. I am expecting a lot of changes since we have such a cushion and players need some rest because of the International fixtures. Four games in 10 or so days is a lot to ask.

Mostarac

Established Member
There are probably going to be some changes in the starting line-up for us in this match, especially since we are leading 3-0 from the 1st match. According to Arsenal.com, Rosicky and Reyes might not be play this match.

MancunianGunner

give merida a game while you are at it. wait, rest fabregas and play wenger instead.
we still need a decent team out there, we are not leading 8-0, they still do have a small chance of scoring 3 goals. they were intimidated by arsenal at home but they got nothing to lose now and they'll go all forward at Ashburton.

Realwood

MancunianGunner said:
give merida a game while you are at it. wait, rest fabregas and play wenger instead.
we still need a decent team out there, we are not leading 8-0, they still do have a small chance of scoring 3 goals. they were intimidated by arsenal at home but they got nothing to lose now and they'll go all forward at Ashburton.

That is a strong side. Dinamo will have to open up to score and I see Cesc, Rvp and Ade doing the business by themselves.

I'm a big believer in the squad, and every single one of our players in our extended squad could walk onto Dinamo. I really believe that.

Do you want to start our best first XI against Dinamo or at Man City? You can't have both.

Jasper

I prefer Cygan over Djourou

Hoyte isn't working

I'd like to see Rosicky, Reyes, Cole

Play Cole and then sell him for the 16m that way he'll miss out on the CL this season.

Play Reyes and tell him he ain't goin' no where! His family can leave for Spain without him.

But then again, we practically qualified so Le Boss might go with a carling cup team.

MancunianGunner

Realwood said:
MancunianGunner said:

That is a strong side. Dinamo will have to open up to score and I see Cesc, Rvp and Ade doing the business by themselves.

I'm a big believer in the squad, and every single one of our players in our extended squad could walk onto Dinamo. I really believe that.

Do you want to start our best first XI against Dinamo or at Man City? You can't have both.
Why not both? you rest players during the season not at the beginning of the season. They need some intensity right now and two games in one week would give that. the first 11 need to connect again, they did not do that against villa and dinamo would a great game to get in tune again. they need that to play against city, otherwise we will draw again or even worse end up losing.

tquick247

i think that if we play our main 11 than we could be risking overplaying them early (although some of them do need the playing time), but i completely agree with starting reyes and cole, that way no matter what happens with these two, they cant challenge us in the champions league this year....the only player i can see not starting at all would be thierry for the risk of, well...anything

MancunianGunner

tquick247 said:
i think that if we play our main 11 than we could be risking overplaying them early (although some of them do need the playing time), but i completely agree with starting reyes and cole, that way no matter what happens with these two, they cant challenge us in the champions league this year....the only player i can see not starting at all would be thierry for the risk of, well...anything
whats the point of paying them ****loads for doing **** all. the more you pay the more you play. thats how it should be. henry is the one that should definitely play to get some match fitness, as well as earning his money.
what's with all this special treatment? maybe we shouldn't even let the poor boy kick a ball, just in case he might slip and fall on his arse.
that season when pires played his best and played every game until he broke his leg was one of the best seasons for arsenal. i say let henry play and play until he breaks his leg and then let the team win the league for him like they did for pires that season.

kamikaze80

Established Member
being a world cup year, most of our players arent hurting for fitness. henry, cesc and toure especially have played a lot of matches in the past year and i'd rest them. my lineup would be:

rvp-adebayor
walcott-song-flamini-hleb
hoyte-cygan-djourou-eboue
almunia

poom, aliadiere, henry, ljungberg, toure, fabregas, gilberto

sub walcott out after 60 mins or so

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
MancunianGunner said:
i say let henry play and play until he breaks his leg and then let the team win the league for him like they did for pires that season.

:-D

It gets ever weirder...

I'd like to see Thierry play some part in the game, not the full 90, but I think he does need a bit of tuning up.

hujja

Established Member
Agreed.

I'd put out Thierry and Robin to gain match fitness. Robin should play the full 90.

Ade and Jens should be benched to think about what they did yesterday. ;)

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom