• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | 23/08/06

jester

Established Member
we'll be under alot of pressure at home something which wenger should see players like walcott, freddie etc will enjoy on the large pitch with their pace on the break.
i wouldnt expect a weak or reserve side, but the side from yesterday bar a few players, maybe hleb or freddie rested and rvp instead of henry.

maxxx

hujja said:
Agreed.

I'd put out Thierry and Robin to gain match fitness. Robin should play the full 90.

Ade and Jens should be benched to think about what they did yesterday. ;)

What are you on about?!?!? Ade played well yesterday.

Watch the whole game before you post. :evil:

kel varnsen

Established Member
hm, i'd like to see:

lehmann
eboue-djourou-toure-cole
hleb-cesc-gilberto-walcott
reyes or rvp-henry

let freddie and rosicky get another weeks rest.

stuart

Established Member
Realwood said:
Play Henry three 90 minute matches in less than a week? Uh No.

He shouldn't play at all. His achilles isn't close to 100 percent yet. I'd rest him as much as possible for the next month.

Have him on the bench, but I think we should be able to wrap this up without him. It's a long year and we are going to need him right.

I'd go with this.

Eboue---Toure---Djourou---Flamini

Hleb---Cesc---Song---Walcott

-------Rvp------Ade

I'd like to rest Gilberto and give Song a run out. I know a lot of people on this board don't like him, but I don't see the harm in giving him this game.

yea your right i dont think we need a goalkeeper anymore!! i would go with

almunia
eboue
djourou
toure
hoyte
hleb
fabregas
rosicky (if fit) better in the centre i think
walcott - yeeeeoooooooooo up the theo
rvp
henry 1 half
play this team first half at least and then maybe bring a few younger or newer faces in.we are not 100% safe

MancunianGunner

kel varnsen said:
hm, i'd like to see:

lehmann
eboue-djourou-toure-cole
reyes or rvp-henry

let freddie and rosicky get another weeks rest.

cole???...let the mother ****er rot in reserves. I would rather play ****ty hoyte than him even though he sucks a lotta ass.
and reyes is still a bit too early....let the window close first and after a couple of weeks he should be all settled again.
I do agree that walcott should start, just to see how he would cope in a full 90 minute game.

stuart

Established Member
shiity hoyte? whats all that about,whats wrong with him? but i agree let cole rot in the reserves if he doesnt leave,so what if we lose out on good money,we didnt ppay anything for him,,,he is a yappy tit

ClubLevel

I would have..

Almunia

Traoue (lets give him a go)
Cygan
Djourou
Eboue

Walcott
Flamini
Song
Hleb

Abedayor
Alliadiere

That way, Lehmann, Toure, Hoyte, Freddie, Fabs, Gilberto, Persie & Henry get a decent weeks rest and that team should do enough to win the game.

James

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
hm, i'd like to see:

lehmann
eboue-djourou-toure-cole
reyes or rvp-henry
You can't be serious mate :lol:
The only reasoning i can think behind that would be to make him ineligable for Chelsea.

Turns out i've got a ticket for this match as a surprise birthday present, looking forward to it.

stuart

Established Member
ClubLevel said:
I would have..

Almunia

Traoue (lets give him a go)
Cygan
Djourou
Eboue

Walcott
Flamini
Song
Hleb

Abedayor
Alliadiere

That way, Lehmann, Toure, Hoyte, Freddie, Fabs, Gilberto, Persie & Henry get a decent weeks rest and that team should do enough to win the game.

yea would give traore a run out,but playing cygan,song and flamini might be a bit risky,song and flamini arent good enough to play together

MancunianGunner

stuart said:
shiity hoyte? whats all that about,whats wrong with him? but i agree let cole rot in the reserves if he doesnt leave,so what if we lose out on good money,we didnt ppay anything for him,,,he is a yappy tit
the boy cant tell a difference between a football and a hair ball. if he was a poker player he would poke you and think he won. if he had been a billiard player he would hold the stick wrong way round. he's the kinda guy that needs a special assistant to tell him which shoe goes to which foot. every time he actually gets the ball he needs to look up and find lehman and have him point the other way so that he doesnt score an own goal, and even then he needs the rest of the defenders pushing him the right way.
i should not that tough on the guy... he's probably been sending his ****ty twin brother to play instead of him cuz he's too buzy playing poker on a billiards table coughing hair balls.

i really dont think that we should start with walcott, bring him on at half time when the opposition is starting to get tired. that is where he is most effective with his pace. walcott is not good enough to play upfront this year. i want reyes, rosicky and song to play but i dont want cole to play unless he signs a new contract so we know if he is commited and if he were to leave next summer we would still get a very big transfer offer.

usheray

Maybe the pre season team?

Almunia

Hoyte Oceirull(sp) Cygan Traore

Hleb Song Merida Walcott

Aliadiere Van persie

kel varnsen

Established Member
James said:
kel varnsen said:
hm, i'd like to see:

lehmann
eboue-djourou-toure-cole
reyes or rvp-henry
You can't be serious mate :lol:
The only reasoning i can think behind that would be to make him ineligable for Chelsea.

Turns out i've got a ticket for this match as a surprise birthday present, looking forward to it.

actually i am. i'd like cole to stay, at least for another year or so. we won't be able to replace him this summer, so he might as well play already on wednesday.

Gooner83

Walcott looks smaller than i thought he would be but definately a super sub for this season. Cesc looks immense and ready for action :p

Dinamovac69

Dinamo has a lot of problems with injuries. Not less than 4 first team regulars won't play (Nowotny, Vugrinec, Cale, Chago) which is a big problem for Dinamo. It's not the same thing like when Arsenal miss 4 regulars because you can replace them with other quality players. Although the game isn't that important anymore, it's still a pity for us.

nazo

Established Member
Lehmann
Eboue-Toure-Djourou-Cygan
Hleb-Cesc-Gilberto-Ljungberg
Robin-Henry

Sub Henry in the 60th minute.
Sub Ljungberg in the 60th minute.
Sub Cesc in the 60th minute.

We are 3-0 up but i don't think we are going to throw out a really weakened team. You never know what might happen.

dublingunner

Established Member
Hard to guess the starting line-up here, especially at the back. Does anyone think perhaps Eboue should be rested? I know he doesn't look like he needs it but he'll be very important to us against Man City. Walcott should definitely start, after his performance yesterday I can't think of a reason why not.

I'll go for:

Almunia
Hoyte Djourou Cygan Traore
Hleb Fabregas Song Walcott
van Persie Adebayor

I know it probably won't happen as it's a bit risky at the back, but hey it's impossible to predict.

Henry and Flamini should get 30 minutes.

jester

Established Member
its things like that which really make you see the youth of our team. we always here how many young players we have etc but if you think about it wenger is really building a team that whilst it may challenge now, the same crop will be around in 3,4,5,6 years time. I just hope wenger is around in some capacity to see the team through

Arsenal Quotes

We live a society where everybody knows everything and it looks like it is a shame to say I don’t know

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom