• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | 23/08/06

Thommybhoy

Established Member
I will get probably on Sunday the full movie of Arsenal arriving to Zagreb and Arsène Wengers full press conference from my mates from one TV station. So I will upload it somewhere and give the link here. Sorry, but I simply couldn't get it before.

Arnie

Their fans were class!! Except for the flairs!!
Adebayor is even sh*tter live than he is on tv!!

asajoseph

Established Member
tactica442 said:
apollo said:
Apart from the game itself....the Zegreb fans were AWESOME...I was just hearing their drums so loud and they were all sychronized in singing and clapping....I wasn't at the Ashburton Grove...BUT WHERE WERE YOU GOONERS!!??....we should be ashamed that they were only about a thousand and they rocked the hell out of the Grove....but their team really was hindered....good job ya gooners....go kick some group ass!!!
It seemed not only Arsenal players but also supporters found the new stadium a bit strange as our new home. I believe both players and supporters will accommodate themselves to the new home vey quickly.

One thing awkard I found that night was, when the loudspeak saying each player's number then his FIRST name, supporters repsonded with a HOORAAY rather than shouting player's SURNAME. In Bundesliga this practice is very common and very powerful if all supporters shout players' names correctly. I think the official site should communicate home match goers about such convention when the presenter saying players' names before hand.

Wed night I found it was a bit embarrassing TBH. :roll:
It might be something to do with the much larger stadium, but I suspect perhaps that the atmosphere may be differend in different parts of the ground? I was sitting literally right next to the Dinamo boys, and credit to them, they were loud, and totally nuts for the whole game - but I don't think we were too poor either, at least where I was sitting. Not quite as nuts as those guys, but the occasion was hardly as big for us as it was for them.

A friend of mine was sitting in club level the North stand (free ticket, cos one of his mates works in marketing), and said nobody was singing at all - which I kind of suspected would be the case when we built the stadium.

Arsenal Quotes

A fan and a supporter behaves in different ways and what we have experienced in the last two games is pretty unique and is related to our history

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom