• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | 23/08/06

Jkreffer

Established Member
Zagreb surprised me actually, I thought they looked a useful side. I don't know his name, but the small, central midfielder looked good.

Overall, we got two wins against tricky opposition, with the first leg more or less killing off the tie anyway.

Hand of god

I am somewhat saddened by the level of negativity reading this board. We have only played 3 competitive matches this season so far and we have 2 wins and a draw. We put 5 past a more than decent side and basically breezed into the draw without very much trouble but yet some people see fit to write us off as having no chance of winning anything.

We could at least wait until we have played Bolton before writing the season off as a failure.

Novi Zagreb

Jkreffer said:
Zagreb surprised me actually, I thought they looked a useful side. I don't know his name, but the small, central midfielder looked good.

Overall, we got two wins against tricky opposition, with the first leg more or less killing off the tie anyway.

I think that you are reffering to Ognjen Vukojevic?

Gurgen

Established Member
RocktheCasbah said:
Well, what some people here are forgetting is how gobsmacked the media were when we won 3-0 a fortnight ago. cast your mind back to the build up to the first leg, we were a hot tip to get turned over. Zagreb may not have been the best team we could have faced, but 5-1 over two legs is not to be sniffed at.

I don't think anyone is unhappy with the result, it's just that the general performance was very worrying.

All in all I'd say the sings for the season to come are not good.

Harding

Hand of god said:
I am somewhat saddened by the level of negativity reading this board. We have only played 3 competitive matches this season so far and we have 2 wins and a draw. We put 5 past a more than decent side and basically breezed into the draw without very much trouble but yet some people see fit to write us off as having no chance of winning anything.

We could at least wait until we have played Bolton before writing the season off as a failure.

i see what you are saying, and i am confident about saturdays game with man city...but judging from what ive seen so far this season (i know its early days and we are only a few games in) i am realy worrying about how we are going to deal with Man Utd in 3 games time at old trafford. Its hard enough playing there anytime but when they are playing the type of football and getting the results we should be capeable of, it realy worrys me. I hate them, i realy ****ing hate man u but they look so much more steady and threatning compared to our current style of play.....this whole "lets pass it through the middle with 1 touch each" **** from arsenal just isnt as effective as it used to be....it realy pisses me off because the gilberto goal on saturday and the flamini goal last night both came from crosses from wide positions.....i am no manager and i hate to be critical of Arsène but dose he not see that variation in our tactics could bloody well benfit the results of games!?!

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gurgen said:
RocktheCasbah said:
Well, what some people here are forgetting is how gobsmacked the media were when we won 3-0 a fortnight ago. cast your mind back to the build up to the first leg, we were a hot tip to get turned over. Zagreb may not have been the best team we could have faced, but 5-1 over two legs is not to be sniffed at.

I don't think anyone is unhappy with the result, it's just that the general performance was very worrying.

All in all I'd say the sings for the season to come are not good.

I'd certainly agree that there are legitimate concerns for the coming seasons, but not based on last night.

Last night was always going to be weird, the tie was over, Arsène didn't pick his strongest side and we started horrendously. It was always going to be difficult to recover, I just think people are overreacting ever so slightly to this game yesterday. Look at the second legs of the Villareal and Juve games last season, they weren't exactly classics were they? We went through. Why? Because the job was already done 2 weeks previously.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Novi Zagreb said:
Jkreffer said:

I think that you are reffering to Ognjen Vukojevic?

surely he is talking about modric? yeah dinamo looked good yesterday. but thats partly because we slack for most part of the game till henry came on. our mindset has been"we have already qualified". btw, hope for a good draw 1 hour later.

Saville

asajoseph said:
BBB said:
cubbz_th14 said:
the only thing that annoyed me was when they started chucking bottles or something when fabregas was on the corner -
WTF???

I don't think it was a bottle - more likely a coin or a lighter. I was sat next to the Dinamo fans, and it defo wasn't something large. They threw a few plastic bottles at the police, and at us though, but nothing really worth worrying about.

mate what started all the arguing off? our fans from 1 side the the Zegrab fans the our fans from the other side again!

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
well, i must say dinamo fans are real crazy lot. the whole stadium was so peaceful till i saw the away side, doing "jumping jacks" all night. so darn passionate. but they stopped when flamini scored.

BadBlueBoy

no why?!
referee did a good job. ur just angry on arsenals lousy play. maybe only mistake was when he didnt send djurou on bench when he fauled etto.

Nitkov

arsenal_hleb said:
well, i must say dinamo fans are real crazy lot. the whole stadium was so peaceful till i saw the away side, doing "jumping jacks" all night. so darn passionate. but they stopped when flamini scored.

this is not true, we didn't stopped until 10 minutes after the game. nice game, not impressed with AG, it's the same stadium like benfica in lisboa.

gl in champions league, porto, cska and hsv is prety hard gruop

Nitkov

btw. can you tell me what are you singing in the song when whole stadium is singign...this is something which i often heard on arsenal game

Andy ray

was at the game last night and quite enjoyed the game....however i was very dissapointed in the crowd atmosphere....we were being outdone by the away fans everytime.

maradona

I thought the Zagreb support was absolutley fanatical, they put us to shame (apart from the bottle incident), wish I knew what they againt Gypsies though..
The reception that Theo got was amazing and thought the ref was a bit OTT in booking him. Can't say that I was too impressed with Adebayor, Hleb was outstanding in the first half then totally dissappeared in the second.

asajoseph

Established Member
Saville said:
asajoseph said:
BBB said:
cubbz_th14 said:
the only thing that annoyed me was when they started chucking bottles or something when fabregas was on the corner -
WTF???

I don't think it was a bottle - more likely a coin or a lighter. I was sat next to the Dinamo fans, and it defo wasn't something large. They threw a few plastic bottles at the police, and at us though, but nothing really worth worrying about.

mate what started all the arguing off? our fans from 1 side the the Zegrab fans the our fans from the other side again!

Arguing?

Not really sure - if there was any, I think I missed it. Think some people might have dropped something on them from above, but generally it was nothing to get really worried about.

I was sitting right next to them, and I think the people near me took a bit of time to get warmed up, but once we did, particularly in the second half, the chants and responses were cracking.

Fredrock

You will never know.... said:
About the draw in the group stage we could find ourselves in a bit of trouble.

Arsenal
Bayern Munich /Olympique Lyon

CSKA Moscow /Werder Bremen

Dynamo Kiev /Spartak Moscow / Hamburg

In my opinion that would be difficult as we would have to travel to freezing scandanavia and possibly play the hardy Germans,hopefully we avoid those teams.
:shock:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
maradona said:
I thought the Zagreb support was absolutley fanatical, they put us to shame (apart from the bottle incident), wish I knew what they againt Gypsies though..
The reception that Theo got was amazing and thought the ref was a bit OTT in booking him. Can't say that I was too impressed with Adebayor, Hleb was outstanding in the first half then totally dissappeared in the second.

The Zagrab fans were incredible. They didn't stop singing the entire game. I thought we were very vocal too at times. The stadium was rocking, when both sets of fans were singing.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
BadBlueBoy said:
no why?!
referee did a good job. ur just angry on arsenals lousy play. maybe only mistake was when he didnt send djurou on bench when he fauled etto.

Yeah, we're really angry about giving you a 5-1 spanking.... :lol:

nidza7

Established Member
BadBlueBoy said:
no why?!

Did you see the replay,Djourou was NOT the last man!

Arsenal Quotes

The English codified the rules of football just as the French perfected wine. We don't often ask an English person to come over to make Bordeaux.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom