• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Dinamo Zagreb | Tue Nov 24th | 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Next up is a must win game against one of the poorest away teams in the competition. Noticed something? Yes, that could've been the opener for our home tie vs Olympiacos....

We're up against it again, not just in terms of qualifying from the group, but our squad is as stretched as I can remember, with many players out of form as well.

I don't know if I want a win here to be honest. At this rate we'd struggle away in Greece and Europa Leauge isn't that great a prospect either.

TheSage

So do we try and finish second knowing that means a tough draw and two more games, do we try and finish 3rd knowing that means EL and at least two more games ... or do we lose on purpose (never thought I'd be typing that) and finish 4th with no additional games ....

Malky

Established Member
Want as many first team players rested for this as possible, don't see the point in taking the risk of more injuries for a competition we wont win (lets be serious) or end up playing Thursday nights in the Europa. 100% focus on the league this season.

Want as many first team players rested for this as possible, don't see the point in taking the risk of more injuries for a competition we wont win (lets be serious) or end up playing Thursday nights in the Europa. 100% focus on the league this season.

What are we? West Ham?

Such a small time mentality.

We need to win this two games at group stage. We need to be more serious about were we want to be. Arsenal not being in 16 finalist in Europe sounds just plain wrong to me.

Loken

Pragmatic and sacrifice the Champions League for the sake of the Premiership, which is essentially telling the players to lose, in the biggest European domestic competition, for all to see.

Or go guns blazing, up against it all, throw in all our best players, no matter their 'red' medical status, and try and redeem ourselves.

Either way isn't going to do us much good, and we all know what Wenger will pick. He'll be pragmatic with the CoC, but not the CL. It's always eluded him.

Just want a solid win, clean-sheet and no injuries.

I'll even take a scrappy win and no injuries.

... I'll just take no injuries. Please can we just have one decent RW option?

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Expecting a reshuffle here. Not that there is much to shuffle.

Debuchy Mertesacker Gabriel Gibbs
Chambers Flamini
No idea
Campbell No idea Jeff

No point rushing Ramsey or Ox back no point playing Cazorla Özil Alexis or Giroud an injury to any of those leaves us horribly short.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
I think that until we're definately knocked out in the CL, Wenger will play close to the strongest team possible. Scares the **** out of me, have run out of candles to burn.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Wenger will never sacrifice CL. He even hinted that we're not completely out, so I expect him to name his strongest available XI.

Cech
Bellerin - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal
Flamini - Cazorla
Campbell - Özil - Sanchez
Giroud
Ramsey to come in for 30 minutes to get some match fitness. Jeff will probably make his CL debut too.
3-1 for Arsenal

chessygoal

Expecting a reshuffle here. Not that there is much to shuffle.

Debuchy Mertesacker Gabriel Gibbs
Chambers Flamini
No idea
Campbell No idea Jeff

No point rushing Ramsey or Ox back no point playing Cazorla Özil Alexis or Giroud an injury to any of those leaves us horribly short.
We are Arsenal, no way we'll play a CM pairing made of a CB and a VC investor trying to save our planet earth.

sharongur

A win here plus a 2 goal win in Greece, for a win, draw and a lose in the next 3 PL games?
Any takers?
I know not many will, so ill ask again for 2 draws and a win, or a 2 wins and a draw.

personally the next 3 games are against norwich, sunderland, and aston villa.
Anything that will cost us a clean 3 wins on these games is a pass on CL for me.

Ofc I know its not entirely related directly to the CL matches but interesting to see the opinions.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

We are Arsenal, no way we'll play a CM pairing made of a CB and a VC investor trying to save our planet earth.
We may not but I'd rather we did. Cazorla needs a break and an injury will leave is having to field that midfield in the league.

A win here plus a 2 goal win in Greece, for a win, draw and a lose in the next 3 PL games?
Any takers?
I know not many will, so ill ask again for 2 draws and a win, or a 2 wins and a draw.

personally the next 3 games are against norwich, sunderland, and aston villa.
Anything that will cost us a clean 3 wins on these games is a pass on CL for me.

Ofc I know its not entirely related directly to the CL matches but interesting to see the opinions.

How about winning them all? How about that?

sharongur

How about winning them all? How about that?

Well thats not an option cause ofc we'll all choose it?

I said "Anything that will COST us"

Theoretically i wouldnt trade anything even injuries for those 2 wins in the CL.

If it comes clean without anything we need to "pay" injury or points wise ill welcome it with milk&cookies!

Jerome_Gooner

Cech
Debuchy - Koscielny - Gabriel - Monreal
Flamini - Cazorla
Bellerin - Özil - Sanchez
Giroud
Bench : Ospina, Merte, Chambers, Gibbs, Jeff, Ramsey, Campbell

In the second half :
Sanchez, Özil and Cazorla off
Gibbs, Jeff and Ramsey on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom