• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Twente | 27/08/08

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Seeing as there isnt already a thread yet I thought I'd get one going.

Fixture: ARSENAL vs FC Twente
Competition: UEFA Champions League
Date: 27 August 2008
Time: 20:05 GMT
TV Channel: BBC3 (UK), Canal+ Sport (Scandinavia), espnDeportes, espn360.com (online US)

About FC Twente (From Arsenal.com) <a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/155/unhoused-import-pages/latest-stadium-news/24620/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/155/unhoused-imp ... ews/24620/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Full name
: F.C. Twente 1965

Nickname(s): The Tukkers, The Reds

Club colours: Red shirts, red shorts, red socks

Ground: Grolsch Veste (24,244).

Last season 4th in the Eredivisie

Manager: Steve McClaren

Squad:
Goalkeepers
Sander Boschker, Nikolay Mihaylov, Cees Paauwe.

Defenders
Rob Wielaert, Edson Braafheid, Ramon Zomer, Slobodan Rajković, Jeroen Heubach, Douglas, Niels Wellenberg.

Midfielders
Wout Brama, Luke Wilkshire, Youssouf Hersi, Cheik Tioté, Theo Janssen, Bjarni Vidarsson, Ibrahim Maaroufi.

Forwards
Romano Denneboom, Blaise Kufo, Stein Huysegems, Eljero Elia, Marko Arnautovic, Patrick Gerritsen, Andrej Rendla.

Website: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fctwente.nl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fctwente.nl</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Re: Arsenal vs FC Twente Wed 27.08.08 20:05 BBC3

If anyone knows what other channels this will be on around the world, let me know and I'll add it.

xcdude24

Established Member

In the USA I'm fairly certain it'll be aired on ESPN2.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

It's on BBC3 (20:00-22:00) please god let us turn up for this game. :(

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

xcdude24 said:
In the USA I'm fairly certain it'll be aired on ESPN2.
At the moment it's only on Deportes; hopefully that will change.

Galahad

We wont lose at the Emirates and thats that. No need for a good performance, but I do worry if we pull up the same kind of rubbish we did against Fulham. Oh dear god, please let us find our form after this game while still let us pass on to the group stages (which im absolutley confident we will).

nazo

Established Member

Galahad said:
We wont lose at the Emirates and thats that. No need for a good performance, but I do worry if we pull up the same kind of rubbish we did against Fulham. Oh dear god, please let us find our form after this game while still let us pass on to the group stages (which im absolutley confident we will).

Uh oh.

Lancelot

Established Member

Play Song in midfield and we won't get into any trouble holding the lead as Toure and Gallas will surely be our center half pairing for the day. There is a need to forget about this fantastic engine b**ls**t in a central midfielder and go for some physical authority on the pitch for a change.

It will be an open game no matter what because they will try their best to get even with us; there will be plenty of spaces to exploit, especially with Cesc bossing the midfield. All we need to do is be calm, composed and powerful in our defense and the rest will be history.

Start the burnout Brazilian and we can count on a midweek nightmare.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus

Lancelot said:
There is a need to forget about this fantastic engine b**ls**t in a central midfielder and go for some physical authority on the pitch for a change.
I could not agree with that more. If I hear one more time about Flamini's damned engine or the lack of engine for his replacement ... He's gone and now, surely, it's time to give Song a go now that he's back from the Olympics.

People talk about a Flamini replacement, fair enough. I want an Eboue replacement and I don't want to hear about his performance against Fulham and the fact that he was busy towards the end. Our team will only begin to be sorted to any extent if he's on the bench, where he belongs. If he has to start stick him on the wing, but stop this CM madness now.

number_0

Established Member

al
sagna gallas gallas clichey
nasri cesc song vela
ade van persie

cesc and vela need some match fitness, and would love we can walk this game by halftime and start experimenting from there.

raidersoftheark

Established Member

number_0 said:
al
sagna gallas gallas clichey
nasri cesc song vela
ade van persie

cesc and vela need some match fitness, and would love we can walk this game by halftime and start experimenting from there.

We have to William Gallas'?

I agree with your lineup, but we'll probably see this:

Al
Sagna Gallas Toure Clichy
Eboue Denilson Cesc Nasri
Ade RVP

MDGoonah41

Established Member

hopefully we go through so the CL group stage money is assured and Wenger can buy a central midfielder.

arsenalfc0719

Established Member

Didn't Wenger say he would buy a central midfielder before this game?

Kain

Established Member

bluenaz said:
Galahad said:

Uh oh.

What a jinx-alert, may he be cast down into the pits of Hell for that one should it all go to pieces!

MDGoonah41 said:
hopefully we go through so the CL group stage money is assured and Wenger can buy a central midfielder.

CL money seems Wengers goal in recent times i hate how thats worked out and we have to be content with finishing 3rd/4th for CL cash but im pretty sure most Gunners feel that way, CL for over a decade now yet our signings in recent seasons dont show it atall.

I want Djourou in the team & Song & Cesc but i'd settle for anything other than that complete load of **** that played Fulham.

Al
Sagna, Toure/Gallas, Djourou, Clichy
Eboue ,Song, Cesc, Nasri
Ade, RVP

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu

Wenger promised that signing will come either before Twente's game, or no signing.

So MDgoonah, its not about CL group stage money

banduan

Established Member

Wallop them. No other way about it. I wanna see it.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice

Kain said:
bluenaz said:
Galahad said:

Uh oh.

What a jinx-alert, may he be cast down into the pits of Hell for that one should it all go to pieces!

MDGoonah41 said:

CL money seems Wengers goal in recent times i hate how thats worked out and we have to be content with finishing 3rd/4th for CL cash but im pretty sure most Gunners feel that way, CL for over a decade now yet our signings in recent seasons dont show it atall.

I want Djourou in the team & Song & Cesc but i'd settle for anything other than that complete load of s**t that played Fulham.

Al
Sagna, Touré/Gallas, Djourou, Clichy
Eboue ,Song, Cesc, Nasri
Ade, RVP

I agree with you, but he won't drop Will Boy will he after all he is the captain, in my opinion Will Boy should be on the bench after that last fiasco at Fulham.I just hope we whup em and put some pride back in the team, moral must be low. :wink:

stuart

Established Member

BBC? Strange. It should be on their website as well then. Im not going to go out of my way to watch it but if im in im sure it'll be on. Cant really get excited about it to be honest

asajoseph

Established Member

Good opportunity for us to restore some pride, at home as well.

Another unconvincing performance, and I'm afraid that Wenger and his squad will be made to feel very uncomfortable by the final whistle.

go49oner

Established Member

arsenalfc0719 said:
Didn't Wenger say he would buy a central midfielder before this game?

He said he'll buy player before this game, and he did, Mikael Silvestre :roll:

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom