• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Twente | 27/08/08

banduan

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs FC Twente Wed 27.08.08 20:05 BBC3

dos1986 said:
Yes thats what the dictionary says.

You said lucky!

Pool werent lucky, nobody is lucky, it just happens.

You messed up with the good fortune reply, dos.

I actually agree with you otherwise, except for those truly jammy moments (e.g. balls bounces awkwardly in your favor, opponent misses a gaping goal)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Noted said:
Apparently Samir had a stomach bug "during the game" according to Wenger. If he was sick at half time surely he shouldn't have played from the start.
That explains his subdueness after scoring. I thought he was tired or something.

Kilgallon

Good game. Did all that we had to and avoided any injuries.

Was this really the team that gave us some problems the other week? Twente were shockingly awful last night.

I'm hoping the game will be a confidence boost for Theo more than anything. It was good to see Fab back too, oozes quality.

sabret00the

Established Member

qs said:
sabret00the said:
Emote all you will, but saying Eboue has been one of our best players is laughable.

I thought that was the '****** smiley', never even thought of it as the 'Eboues one of our best players' smiley

This season he's been decent enough so far. No doubt it'll all end in tears but if he could keep his level over the last 3 games all season then he'd be well worth his position in the squad. If Bendtner had finished the chance he set up today it would've been brilliant.
You were calling someone a ****** who was disputing that ludicrous post.

It's funny though, AM has taken a drop in quality in so many wasys. From people who act like Nasri hasn't had a bad game since he arrived, to people ignoring all the blind crosses from our fall backs that ultimately only result in a loss of possession. If we're getting tot he point where it's accepted that Eboue is one of our best players, then it's going too far. He's been hugely sub par and a while he's had a couple good patches, there have been many better than him. sadly many don't get the same allowances for minutes.

banduan

Established Member

Just saw the extended highlights.

That was backheel mania! Bendtner's for Walcott's scuffed (and probably fouled) shot was sublime. Haven't seen so many backheels in a single match highlight.

It was a match we needed to win and win big but it looked like some of the lads had a bit of fun.

irishgunnerz

AWOL
Trusted ⭐

quote="sabret00the"] From people who act like Nasri hasn't had a bad game since he arrived, [/quote]

He looked poor against Fulham but everyone did. He offers something no other midfielder offers at the minute - goal threat.

I dont think anyone has claimed Eboue has been a great/very good player for us - dont forget we're comparing his last 4 performances on what we've seen last year so if he manages to stand up straight for 20 minutes without diving, doing something despicable and actually pass ball straight - its a vast improvement.

He's not good enough for a top 4 side but he's not been not THAT bad in the games so far (excluding Fulham when they were all pathetic)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member

Pádraig said:
Good goal from Walcott but disappointing celebration.

Tony Montana said:
Was a decent goal. Nothing spectacular.

You two need to get your heads checked. By a jumbo jet.

His celebration was fine, he slid to his knees right in front of us all in the corner and looked bloody happy when he got up- what should he have done?

As for you Tony... he might have made that look easy, and yes I knew he'd score too, but it's also easy to get those wrong (see Ade in every match he plays in) and he'd played a couple of nice 1-2s, though the second one looked a bit lucky- oh wait, it wasn't luck, it just happened didn't it, dos?

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I honestly hope Hansen won't show up in any Arsenal games in CL. Most of the time he just kept wafffling. I bet there was another tv screen showing Liverpool's game off the motd camera and Hansen just couldn't get his mind off his beloved havent-won-the-league-for-19-years Liverpool.

banduan

Established Member

RocktheCasbah said:
His celebration was fine, he slid to his knees right in front of us all in the corner and looked bloody happy when he got up- what should he have done?

He said once "don't compare me to Henry" and he's really not doing himself any good on that front :D

Anzac

Established Member

Saw the reply on ESPN - was interesting to hear Tommy Smyth(sp) saying he felt we needed a striker!!!!!!

Anzac

Established Member

taylor314gh said:
tommy smyth is an idiot.

I think he was referring to the number of opportunities we create but fail to convert, and the number of points this costs us.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member

banduan said:
RocktheCasbah said:

He said once "don't compare me to Henry" and he's really not doing himself any good on that front :D

There again, he had a massive grin on his face after the goal...

;-)

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom